Disembarkment in dover

For anyone who has, if my ship docks at 5 AM will I be able to make a 7:30 AM bus to London. I know sometimes customs might take awhile, but I was told that bus station is not far from the port.

Thanks in advance.

We were just on NCL Sun..it also docked @ 5am or so. My sister was off of the ship and on a bus to London by 6am. This was a NCL transfer. I am not sure how they would handle your getting off for private transportation. You can get off of the ship any time after it has been cleared if you are willing to take all of you luggage with you. Hope this helps.

For anyone who has, if my ship docks at 5 AM will I be able to make a 7:30 AM bus to London. I know sometimes customs might take awhile, but I was told that bus station is not far from the port.

Thanks in advance.

Dover Pencester Road is about 30 minutes by waliking but you can take a taxi:

2009EURODAM10311-vi.jpg

but if you call National Express you can ask which departures also departs from the Cruise Terminal.

Not all departures but few are also stops at the cruise terminal when cruise ships are in town.

Regards

HeinBloed

Thanks in advance.

If you are starting out from Dover do not worry you will be off the ship bright & early on the return you have already cleared Immigration when you landed

We were off by 6:15 when we did a British Isles cruise

If you are starting out from Dover do not worry you will be off the ship bright & early on the return you have already cleared Immigration when you landed

We were off by 6:15 when we did a British Isles cruise

I'm reading that OP's cruise goes to the Baltic, so presumably customs/immigration will be involved.

Dover does have a good record, but OP will need to schlepp their own luggage, taxi will be 5 mins to Pencester Road if the main drag isn't gummed-up with trucks heading for the ferryport. but it's still risky.

Annoying thing is, coach then goes past the Cruise Terminal on its way to London.

Guessing OP's just heading into town for a day or two, & not on to an airport - cos this certainly ain't the way to make an airport check-in time. Wouldn't a later coach be more leisurely?

JB

Archived