This may sound like a really stupid question

Does Oasis have a totally different feel about it to Voyager and Freedom class ships.

Yes I know they are totally different but I mean does it have a different feel.....by day for instance....around the pool.

We get fed up with the daily inane efforts from the "entertainments" team that try and get everyone involved in the silly games and endless "Electric Slide" dances. The days eventually become a bit Groundhog day. Does Oasis have a totally different feel or can you still tell it's totall RCI ?

EDIT

To try and support what I am saying is that basically after 2 cruises with RCI we have become bored as we have found the 2 ships (Liberty and Explorer) to be very much the same in terms of what is available on board for dining, drinking (bars) etc. Does Oasis give you the feeling that you are sailing a whole new line or rather does it instill that WOW factor again ?

Does Oasis have a totally different feel about it to Voyager and Freedom class ships.

Yes I know they are totally different but I mean does it have a different feel.....by day for instance....around the pool.

We get fed up with the daily inane efforts from the "entertainments" team that try and get everyone involved in the silly games and endless "Electric Slide" dances. The days eventually become a bit Groundhog day. Does Oasis have a totally different feel or can you still tell it's totall RCI ?

EDIT

To try and support what I am saying is that basically after 2 cruises with RCI we have become bored as we have found the 2 ships (Liberty and Explorer) to be very much the same in terms of what is available on board for dining, drinking (bars) etc. Does Oasis give you the feeling that you are sailing a whole new line or rather does it instill that WOW factor again ?

I thought so. I really was impressed. I wasn't by the part of the pool where they'd do the "entertainment", as it was so easy to get away from that at the Solarium or other pools. You just didn't need to be near it if you didn't want to be.

There are so many things that you expect from RCI and make you feel "at home" but at the same time, you walk into Central Park or the Boardwalk and feel like you're somewhere else than a cruise ship. There are so many places to eat and drink and relax and do things that it will be hard for me to go back to a smaller ship. I was skeptical of Oasis, but I felt like I had to try it before I could say anything either way, and I'm so glad I did. I still felt pretty lost at the end of the week, but it was pretty amazing.

Some things are the same on Oasis, but many are different. We love the Freedom Class and when we first boarded the Oasis we thought we had made a big mistake. After a day or so, we got to know the layout of the ship and completely changed our minds - we fell in love with the ship due to the many more venues on the ship. More specialty restaurants and casual places to eat, more entertainment, two flowriders (one dedicated all day to stand-up surfing). Dedicated jogging track with shade!

Some things are the same - same dining room food, same windjammer food (not a bad thing - just similar). For such large a ship, we never felt crowded. Chose my time dining for the first time and loved it, had dinner in under an hour every time without feeling rushed. Sure the Oasis cost more (for now). It's worth the extra money in my opinion but we will continue to sail the Freedom too.

Lou

Some things are the same on Oasis, but many are different. We love the Freedom Class and when we first boarded the Oasis we thought we had made a big mistake. After a day or so, we got to know the layout of the ship and completely changed our minds - we fell in love with the ship due to the many more venues on the ship. More specialty restaurants and casual places to eat, more entertainment, two flowriders (one dedicated all day to stand-up surfing). Dedicated jogging track with shade!

Some things are the same - same dining room food, same windjammer food (not a bad thing - just similar). For such large a ship, we never felt crowded. Chose my time dining for the first time and loved it, had dinner in under an hour every time without feeling rushed. Sure the Oasis cost more (for now). It's worth the extra money in my opinion but we will continue to sail the Freedom too.

Lou

Thanks that's what I am thinking. We are on NCL Epic this september and that has about 13 dining options, granted that about 9 of those are "speciality" with a surcharge but we just got so bored of the repetition of MDR/WJ/Portofino on Explorer (Tried Johnny Rockets......never again...YUK).

I see Oasis has lots of Al Fresco dining options which definitely appeals to us.

I think I will maybe give Oasis or Allure a go next spring.

Like others have said, I think you'll recognize a lot of the same things you've seen on the Voyager/Freedom class ships, like the Promenade and the Windjammer, but the terrific thing about the Oasis is that you have a lot more variety for just about anything - dining options, entertainment, pools..etc.

Honestly I don't remember looking at the Cruise Compass much, and the activities made very little impression on me. I know there was Bingo and the Belly Flop Competition but they weren't made into a big deal like on other ships sometimes.

I would definitely give it a go. They did a nice job making sure it wasn't just a bigger version of the Freedom.

Archived