Room Service Breakfast

This July will be my first Carnival cruise (Spirit to Alaska). We have mostly cruised RCI, but have gone on 2 Princess cruises, which we also loved. We like to have a room service breakfast in the morning, especially on port days. Since we have 3 very early excursions on this next cruise I was hoping we could do the same on the Spirit. RCI has a hot breakfast available while Princess only has a continental breakfast, which was quite adequate for me. What is available on Carnival? Will I have to try to get my DD moving early enough to go to the buffet?:eek:

Carnival has a limited continental breakfast...

Here a cut N paste of their menu.

Room Service Menu - Continental Breakfast

Continental Breakfast served 7:00am-10:00am.

Fruit

* Fresh Melon

* Citrus Segments

* Bananas

Breakfast Breads

* Toast white

* Toast wheat

* Muffin

* Danish

* Croissant

* Bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon

Cereals

* Raisin Bran

* Corn Flakes

* Smart Start

* Kellogg’s Smacks

* Corn Pops

* Fruit Loops

* Mini Wheats

* Rice Krispies

* Frosted Flakes

* Low Fat Granola

* All Bran

* Cripix

Condiments

* Half & Half

* Lemon

* Margarine

* Butter

* Cream Cheese

* Jelly and Marmalade

Beverages

* Freshly Brewed Coffee, regular or decaffeinated

* Hot Tea, regular or decaffeinated

* Hot Chocolate

* Chocolate Milk

* 2% Low Fat Milk

* Skim Milk

I am pretty disappointed about no hot breakfast on my balcony! that was one of our favorite parts of the day on our last cruise. Eggs..... bacon..... croissants.... broiled tomatoes & hash browns..... With a double order of coffee in our robes on the balcony.... we thought we were living large, lemme tell ya!

I am pretty disappointed about no hot breakfast on my balcony! that was one of our favorite parts of the day on our last cruise. Eggs..... bacon..... croissants.... broiled tomatoes & hash browns..... With a double order of coffee in our robes on the balcony.... we thought we were living large, lemme tell ya!

I agree!!! My wife and I ended up flipping a coin and whoever lost had to go up to the lido deck and bring down a hot breakfast while the other person got to hang out on the balcony in a robe!!!!

I order room service breakfast every day. I love their freshly baked muffins, especially the orange muffins and chocolate muffins. Great with a cup of coffee and the coffee is better than the coffee at the buffet.

Are you able to specify what kind of muffins you want?

I have read on other post about this same topic....that they serve hard boiled Eggs in the buffet for breakfast. So with that in mind, I would suggest that you get a couple of HB-Eggs the morning before and keep them in your cabin's refrig...so you both can have something more substantial for breakfast when you order room service. You could order Hot Tea (even if you don't drink it) and use only the hot water in the carafe to heat up your hard boiled Eggs...if you don't like them ice cold. Also, you could get some other 'breakfast goodies' (more variety of fruits/pastries---even cheese) from the buffet the day before to keep in the refrig...just to give you more to eat on the mornings you do room service. May not be hot but it will be more filling than what is only offered on the room service menu.

Just a suggestion.

If you have a specific request, write it on the order form -- you can be sure that if they have what you want they will deliver it.

I tried to write in hot breakfast items on the menu for room service on my past Carnival cruise...with no luck of getting them sent. However, I have been able to get hot items on Princess ships for breakfast when I wrote them in for room service. But on my next Carnival-Splendor cruise...I will try to write in hot items again on the room service order. Never hurts to keep trying.

I have read on other post about this same topic....that they serve hard boiled Eggs in the buffet for breakfast. So with that in mind, I would suggest that you get a couple of HB-Eggs the morning before and keep them in your cabin's refrig...so you both can have something more substantial for breakfast when you order room service. You could order Hot Tea (even if you don't drink it) and use only the hot water in the carafe to heat up your hard boiled Eggs...if you don't like them ice cold. Also, you could get some other 'breakfast goodies' (more variety of fruits/pastries---even cheese) from the buffet the day before to keep in the refrig...just to give you more to eat on the mornings you do room service. May not be hot but it will be more filling than what is only offered on the room service menu.

Just a suggestion.

Excellent ideas!! Thanks. j

Service in the MDR is so good and fast that breakfast was never a problem, that said, we have been on balconies the last two cruises, and really enjoyed our coffee and croissants. But if you mark croissant, and there are two of you, mark the croissant and put and" X 2." Then they know that there are two people that want croissants, and you get two. You want butter, jelly or honey, make sure you mark it. Otherwise you get a lonely little croissant, with out condiments. We basically use room service to jump start our caffeine fix,:rolleyes: and after we get the motor running, we go somewhere for breakfast.

A funny thing happened on the way to Catalina.

Thinking that we had to order extras for more coffe I ordered 4 coffees.

We got 2 pots of coffee. Great coffee by the way.

also, I ordered way over my head thinking that portions would be small.

Way too much fruit and plenty of jam for the bagel.

Wow! Thanks for all the responses.:) I was wondering how much coffee to order...2 orders = 1 pot. Got it!

On RCI I was able to write in an earlier time for delivery and got it when we had an early tour. Would we be able to do that with Carnival?

We basically use room service to jump start our caffeine fix,:rolleyes: and after we get the motor running, we go somewhere for breakfast.

We did the same; or, I should say I did the same on the Dream last fall. My wife mostly asked "are you ordering room service AGAIN?". But I ordered fruit and cheese plates while getting ready to go to the nightclubs, it came before we left and was there waiting when we came back. I'd order a plate or two while getting ready for bed, and we'd have coffe and such to pick on while getting ready to go to breakfast in the dining room. Now, that was the 2 day cruise to nowhere, and I didn't keep track of my weight, but on our previous one I ate very well, and lost a few pounds!

Wow! Thanks for all the responses.:) I was wondering how much coffee to order...2 orders = 1 pot. Got it!

On RCI I was able to write in an earlier time for delivery and got it when we had an early tour. Would we be able to do that with Carnival?

On Carnival you specify the time you want it delivered. My wife and I get coffee and danishes and some fruit from room service. The fruit is for the excursions. On early excursions we also go to the buffet.

I guess we will probably just try it several ways. In Alaska it may be a bit chilly to go the balcony route......but it has always been a time saver for us to have room service delivered. That way one person can eat while the other one showers instead of waiting for both of us to get ready and head to the buffet.

Archived