Snorkel Park admission fee

mcbutter

Just got back from Bermuda. Wanted to let people know, there is a $5 charge for admission to get in Snorkel Park.

Maritime museum has a $10 fee, but is worth it imho, not only can you explore the grounds, but you can watch the dolphins.

Just got back from Bermuda last week... I wandered over to snorkle park and I just wanted to take a look and the girl at the front gate wanted ten bucks. I told her I just wanted to take a quick look and she wouldn't let me (without the ten) so I just walked away... It looked pretty lame anyway....

Just got back from Bermuda last week... I wandered over to snorkle park and I just wanted to take a look and the girl at the front gate wanted ten bucks. I told her I just wanted to take a quick look and she wouldn't let me (without the ten) so I just walked away... It looked pretty lame anyway....

That was really crass of her.

On their facebook page, it sez something about new management.

Looks like they're in full force, and doing everything by the book ... THEIR book. :rolleyes:

If that's the new attitude, I'd rather spend more money on a cab or bus, and do Horseshoe Bay instead.

We also had to pay on our visit there on April 22nd-23rd. I remembered reading here that it was free and just asked to look around for a few minutes, but the woman at the entrance said no, had to pay.

We went last year and did not pay to get in nor would I pay to get in. The beach is no nice I would prefer Tobacco Bay and that I would pay to sit and swim at anytime of the year. I might think about the Maritime place I love to watch dolphins..

We went last year and did not pay to get in nor would I pay to get in. The beach is no nice I would prefer Tobacco Bay and that I would pay to sit and swim at anytime of the year. I might think about the Maritime place I love to watch dolphins..

If enough people choose not to pay the admission when there are any number of really nice beaches with no fee, Snorkel Park may "re-evaluate" their decision for next year.;)

DonnaK asked: ...Where is the maritime place located?....

The maritime place babyof8 referred to in her post may be the Dolphin Quest http://www.dolphinquest.com/?gclid=CKmS14i2kaICFdGX2Aodt1Q1bw at the Bermuda Maritime Museum http://www.bmm.bm/map.htm located at the Dockyard. About a 5 minute walk from the wharves.

SBtS

DonnaK asked: ...Where is the maritime place located?....

The maritime place babyof8 referred to in her post may be the Dolphin Quest http://www.dolphinquest.com/?gclid=CKmS14i2kaICFdGX2Aodt1Q1bw at the Bermuda Maritime Museum http://www.bmm.bm/map.htm located at the Dockyard. About a 5 minute walk from the wharves.

SBtS

thanks so much!!!

same thing for us !

I tried this at the movie theatre and I got the same result.

Same at the nightclub.

Same at Disneyworld.

Same at a Knicks game at Madison Square Garden.

Same at Graceland.

However, Somerset Police Station was FREE last weekend.

Same at the nightclub.

Same at Disneyworld.

Same at Graceland.

The Snorkel Park is not worth paying to get into to use much less look at.

We had an hour, no more, to visit on our second afternoon, and based on my before cruising research this was supposed to be free (to get in). DW wasn't going to get wet again and would have bought a drink or two. I would have joined her while drying off.

Then we ran into the girl at the front gate. "No, it's $5 each person to get in, no you can't look around first... Sorry you feel that way, this just started last week..."

So, we left, went to the Frog and Onion and found out about their happy hour from 2 - 4 (it was 3:45) and had rum swizzles - yum.

So, the Snorkel park didn't get to sell at least three full price drinks, and we enjoyed the music at the F & O. We win, they lose.

Same at the nightclub.

Same at Disneyworld.

Same at Graceland.

This was not like going to Disneyworld or the Laker's game (go Lakers!!).... it was about 4 pm and I was checking it out for a possible visit the next day. The "real" beaches are great and no admission fee... so forget s.p.

So many people do not want to be bothered with researching their trip that I'm sure they will find enough of them to pay $10pp just for the convenience factor. It doesn't matter that it is not that good as a beach.

I have to disagree with the posting regarding the charge for SP. First of all we were there last Sunday and it was $5pp. Because we arrive in late morning we use this beach so as not to have to purchase a three day bus pass instead of two-save money that way. It was a beautiful day and the place was quite full. They have added tables for eating and tables for just sitting. There was live music that day so I'm not sure if that is an every day thing. There is no more smell of sewer and they have extended the beach a bit. When we were there the people were allowed to go in to take a peak but there was a young girl working. The food was costly and so were the drinks. My suggestion is to send someone to the pharmacy and get some sodas and a sandwich, much cheaper than the $12-14 hamburgers.

Archived