Sketchers Shape Ups?

DonnaK

If you wear these, how do you like them? I'm too frugal to cough up $100 for them, so I just purchased the equivalent made by Champion. They were $29 for the fitness sneakers, and $19 for the sandals. I've been alternating between the two pairs since Monday, and I immediately noticed a difference in my posture. I can feel my muscles in my legs and ankles working as I walk. I wonder if over time there will be a noticeable difference. I plan to bring the sandals on my cruise next month.

I have the sketchers and I really like them. I always have a pair of dedicated work out shoes and wear the sketchers for my 2-3 mile walks. I pay $100 or more for work out shoes anyway so the price doesn't bother me. When they get worn they become my casual shoes and then they become my gardening shoes. I am not sure about the shape up part but since I started wearing them my feet feel great and my heel pain has gone away.

I have the sketchers . I was going to get the payless ones but my husband said no get the sketchers so he took me out and bought them for me. I joke all the time and say I have way too much butt to tone it up with sneakers. I'll tell you what though my back has arthritus in it and WOW do theese make a difference! They are very comfy and my back does not hurt at the end of the day nor do my feet (i work in a classroom -special ed.) I am on my feet most of the day. I noticed right away that I stand much strighter in these. I just got a pair of the tone ups (the flip flops) from ebay for about 20 dollars less than in the store. So I am very happy! Normally I would NOT spend that much for a pair of shoes. I love shoes but I am very thrifty when it comes to items for me. I have to normally spend upwards of 80.00 for any shoes for my daughter just because of the size :eek: ! I think these where worth every penny!

I have copied and pasted my post on this same subject from another board:

"I have both Reeboks Easy Tones and Skecher Shape Ups. I also have the flip flops in each brand.

The Reeboks have air pockets in the heel and the forefoot. When you walk, the air moves from back to front as you step. They are very soft to walk on and only a little bit unstable.

The Skechers have a squishy curved sole that you roll along on as you walk. They are a little more unstable than the Reeboks (they are made that way) and provide a more cushioned walk. It takes a little more effort to walk in the Skechers and more care on steps, etc.

That is how they feel. Now, what do they do for you? As far as a real workout, I do not detect any meaningful workout going on. They require a little effort (Skechers more than Reeboks) to keep your foot upright and stable but that is what they are designed to do....make you work as you walk. I think maybe the reason I don't notice a workout is because I go to the gym several times a week....the shoes might do more if I were not already doing half an hour a week of squats and lunges.

I enjoy wearing both styles because of the cushioning underfoot. I have a ball-of-foot problem but people with heel problems seem to love them,too....for that reason. I think the effort to hold my foot stable is probably strengthening the muscles in my feet and ankles, even if I don't notice an effect on the upper part of my legs.

The Skecher flip flops are almost exactly like FitFlops, if you are familiar with them. The sole is very soft to walk on and comfortable. The Reebok flip flops are not as air-bubble soft as the shoes and the surface you walk on is so stiff and ridged that I can't wear them. Neither of them gives a workout but the squishy soles of the Skechers probably work like the squishy soles of their shoes."

That's what I think of them. I also love my FitFlops because of the comfort.

Archived