QV Hawaii 2011 guarantee booking

starcraft

Hi, we are booked for the QV trip to Hawaii in 2011 (feb).

We are booked to a garantee D8 inside stateroom.

How many D8 cabins do they have?

Maybe we get the chance of beeing upgraded. We have booked that cruise back in 2009.

What do you think?

Regards

Thorsten

The QV has 3 D8 cabins on deck 4. It will be of assistance to you if your agent gives you a brochure (or you could telephone for one from Cunard)

Gty means that you will get a cabin, it may be D8 as you have booked, or it may be any other inside cabin, an upgrade , which you most likely will not hear about until after you have paid the final money. I usually boook D8 or D7, and have found myself in every other inside cabin grade depending on how the cruise sells.

The is no rule for upgrades, sometimes they happen sometimes they do not. but you will get the cabin.

My own booking is for an inside cabin on deck 1, I have booked a D2 for that trip as I will be doing a total of 29 days on board, and felt I needed the extra room .

There is a roll call for this trip on the roll call page, you may wish join.

Best wishes.

Lynn

Thank you for your thoughts Mike, I have heard from Jessie and Jon.

Have spent past week "recovering" from minor injuries received when I went grocery shopping last weeek. Unfortunately I stood in line at checkout behind a "crazy" husband and wife. Husband started picking up my groceries, examining them and putting them back on the belt. when I asked him "not to do that" the wife began harrassing me re "where did you come from " she implied she thought I was here "illegally or just a visitor" They left but when I got outside, she drove their car so close to me as I pushed my cart screaming at me as she sent the cart flying and I did a very inelegant swan dive on to the tarmac. Sprained wrist , cut and bruised face, cut and bruised hand.

I am recovering . Jim would have said "Only you darling!!!"

Lynn

Lynn, I am sorry you have had a mishap. I hope you or the grocery store called the police. These people need to be in Jail. I hope you mend soon. I have booked the September 2011 to Quebec which is the same cruise Jon will be on.

By the way I booked an aft balcony on the QV for Hawaii. Can you see us lounging on the deck chairs enjoying an adult beverage (not Pol Acker) and the soft trade winds of the islands. its less than 8 months off. About the time we started the roll call thread for the transatlantics last fall.

The time flies.

Heal quickly, all my best.

Mike

Hi, we are booked for the QV trip to Hawaii in 2011 (feb).

We are booked to a garantee D8 inside stateroom.

How many D8 cabins do they have?

Maybe we get the chance of beeing upgraded. We have booked that cruise back in 2009.

What do you think?

Regards

Thorsten

Just received a cabin assignment for the Jan 30th QV Hawaii. Was very surprised as it is so far in advance of final payment and all Brittania categories are still available. We received a 2 cat upgrade (so far:)).

Thank you for your thoughts Mike, I have heard from Jessie and Jon.

Have spent past week "recovering" from minor injuries received when I went grocery shopping last weeek. Unfortunately I stood in line at checkout behind a "crazy" husband and wife. Husband started picking up my groceries, examining them and putting them back on the belt. when I asked him "not to do that" the wife began harrassing me re "where did you come from " she implied she thought I was here "illegally or just a visitor" They left but when I got outside, she drove their car so close to me as I pushed my cart screaming at me as she sent the cart flying and I did a very inelegant swan dive on to the tarmac. Sprained wrist , cut and bruised face, cut and bruised hand.

I am recovering . Jim would have said "Only you darling!!!"

Lynn

Hi Lynn, sorry to hear about your injuries. Some people are just crazy, hope you feel better soon.

Hope to meet again one day, on another QM2 trip.

Take care Lynn,

Catherine

Archived