Bruno needs opinions on tour

artichokes

Bruno is in the process of changing his tour (l'excursion bleue) and would like the opinion of cruisers. He is planning on adding stop at a beautiful islet and therefore needs to cancel something to accomodate that.

What would you cancel?

• The pearl farm
  • The vanilla farm
  • The lagoonarium

He wants to know cruiser's opinions so that he can best redesign his tour.

I say cancel the pearl farm. By the time we get to Raiatea we will have seen enough pearls to last a lifetime. The Lagoonarium was interesting and the dangerous/poisonous fish showed us what to look out for. Enjoyed playing with the rays and turtles there and some decided to get in the water with the sharks too.

Don't need a long stop there just maybe 1/2 hour to 45 min. maximum. I e-mailed Bruno with my comments about this already but wanted to stand and be counted when you report back to him.

Jackie

I would delete in the following orderl

1) Vaniila plantation- least interesting site and bay,

2) Pearl farm- bay is beautiful though and longest in F.P.

3) Lagoonarium

provided olf course that the motu stop was worth it for scenery, snorkelling etc.

This is a great tour. Don't miss it!

Cheers,

Andy

I agree totally in the same order as you Andy. The drift snorkel at the end of the day was the absolute highlight and would enjoy more time for that. The lagoonairum was a nice location for lunch, but adding another islet would be wonderful.

Marc's motu on Huahine was fantastic. More in the water like that would be my suggestion.

Suz

• 2 weeks later...

As posted Bruno's 2/17/05 tour was excellent. Regarding input to make this tour better - suggest the following:

Start Tour: 1) Elimininate or significantly reduce time at Vanilla Farm.

2) Reduce time at Pearl Farm.

3) Keep Lagoonarium time - move picnic until after Coral Gardens.

4) Increase time at Coral Gardens for at least 2 drifts. Absolutely

fantastic. (current is very strong - avoid cuts with dive gloves

- use fins. Bruno will say fins are not needed - take the fins)!!!

Take along a small first aid kit for coral cuts.

Could spend twice as much time at Coral Gardens.

5) Have picnic after CG on motu or in-water.

End Tour: 6) Circle Island Tour con't; w/Return to Ship.

SeaFish

The suggestion to be able to do more than one drift snorkel is excellent; would trade any of the other activities for that. Don't agree about taking fins though as that would make the drift snorkel much more difficult IMO.

Cheers,

Andre

We were also on the 2/17/05 Bruno tour and I totally second Seafish's recommendations (except our time at the pearl farm was fine for me). The vanilla plantation was an old building with 3 four foot long rows of vanilla planted outside. It was more of a garden plot of vanilla and we really didn't learn anything useful. It was a bathroom stop only, as far as I'm concerned.

We enjoyed the lagoonarium. It was our first time in the water with sting rays and we really enjoyed that along with seeing the dangerous fish up close, so I suggest keeping that. I also suggest a pit stop place along the way before the return to the ship for those who aren't able to pee in the ocean like the native Tahitians do! :-)

Archived