st kitts v barbados for a catamaran cruise?

nikimouse

I cant decide where to do a catamaran cruise. I dont know if I really want to snorkel I just want to eat, drink and have a good time and spend time on a beach. on one of these islands ill have an all day beach day and the other ill do a catamaran trip. which is better?

I cant decide where to do a catamaran cruise. I dont know if I really want to snorkel I just want to eat, drink and have a good time and spend time on a beach. on one of these islands ill have an all day beach day and the other ill do a catamaran trip. which is better?

This is strictly my opinion but I have been to both islands. Both have nice beaches. Both have nice catamaran excursions.

But I have done the St Kitt's catamaran excursion that goes to Nevis and I really think that is worth doing.

So my recommendation:

Do the catamaran on st Kitt's and the beach on Barbados (get a flying fish sandwich on Barbados - YUMMY!)

Does the Cat still go to Nevis for we were looking at it and found this on Carnival's St. Kitts excursion.

Note: Due to hurricane damage, the Catamaran will be unable to anchor off the Island of Nevis. Until restoration, our Catamaran will sail past the island of Nevis and will anchor off another beach, off the SE peninsula of St Kitts, for your beach time and lunch. Visibility may be reduced due to sudden unforseen changes in sea conditions.

• 2 weeks later...
Note: Due to hurricane damage, the Catamaran will be unable to anchor off the Island of Nevis.

Until restoration, our Catamaran will sail past the island of Nevis

and will anchor off another beach, off the SE peninsula of St Kitts.

Ouch! that hurts! :cool:

It also changes the whole paradigm in my opinion.

blue water safris confirmed they still go to nevis :D

$85 full day - buy one get one half price for summer. 10% discount all other times if booked in advance.

I think carnival uses leewood island charters but im not sure, but bluewater were avaliable for when i sail on oct 17 - 24. I just sent them an email because i want to book it, have been thinking about it for 2 months because i was waiting till nearer the time to see if i could get a special offer but now im worried that if I leave it too long it wont be avaliable. i also asked a couple of questions about their cancelation policy because if it doesnt go to nevis , then i asked if i can do the half day tour instead. ill let you know what they say.

• 3 weeks later...

Read where the water around St. Thomas to St. John's was really rough and even hardened sailors got sick. Wondered how water around St. Kitts for a Princess ship catamaran tour would be. Anyone have any experience? Is the ship tour St. Kitts Sail and Snorkel worth it? Or the Nevis Sail-Away with lunch? (Once on a catamaran sail & snorkel in Cabo our "lunch" consisted of a make your own tuna sandwich and tortilla chips.:eek: Hence we're a bit sceptical of the lunch part.)

LAC2- We were on the Emerald last April and bouth the cruise video. It shows the cat stopping on the beach, water exit walkoff, and a bar-b-q lunch on the beach. Several people we talked to on our cruise had done this and couldn't say enough good things about it. We are planning it for our April cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

A few years ago we did the catameran excursion through boat yard in Barbados and it was the best catarmeran tour we've ever been on!! I highly recommend it!! It was fabulous!!!

After your done the excursion, they will shuttle you over to their private beach and you can purchase TShirts and hang out at the bar there!! It was a blast!!!:o

Is the ship tour St. Kitts Sail and Snorkel worth it? Or the Nevis Sail-Away with lunch? (Once on a catamaran sail & snorkel in Cabo our "lunch" consisted of a make your own tuna sandwich and tortilla chips.:eek: Hence we're a bit sceptical of the lunch part.)

I'm thinking of the Nevis Sail-Away with Lunch - but it's pretty pricey! I believe it is $99 pp. Has anyone actually gone on that excursion? I'd be pretty disappointed if it was a make your own tuna sandwich & chips.

• 1 month later...

I just came back from the carnival victory oct 17 - 24 sailing and it was so much fun with bluewater safaris doing the catamaran to nevis! and left me free to have fun at the boatyad in barbados! they were my 2 favourite days! it was only $63 for 7 hrs and the beach in nevis was so nice!:D

Are you more confused than ever???? I am.

I want to zip line in one port and catamaran in another port. The two ports are St. Kitts and St. Lucia. Which one should I do which activity in?????

catamaran in st kitts!!!

Archived