Statue of Liberty sightings from ship?

grandpuba01

We will be sailing out of Bayonne on the Celebrity Summitt to Bermuda. If anyone has taken this cruise before, do you happen to know what side of the ship the Statue of Liberty will be visible from? We have a veranda stateroom on the right side of the ship (sorry - not the technical term) and we wondering if the Statue will be visible from our room.

Thank you for your information and replies.

If I remember correctly, you can see the Statue of Liberty from the port side (the left side of the ship). If you don't want to stand outside on deck, there will be areas from within the ship where you can see the statue.

It's a beautiful sight. Have a great tripl

If I remember correctly, you can see the Statue of Liberty from the port side (the left side of the ship). If you don't want to stand outside on deck, there will be areas from within the ship where you can see the statue.

It's a beautiful sight. Have a great tripl

Hi Susan,:) you are correct. I sailed SUMMIT in May and was all the way

aft outside and she was a sight to behold:)

Hi everyone,

We'll be sailing out of Bayonne next May on Summit in an AFT balcony. We were planning on staying on our balcony for sailaway from Bayonne. Will we be able to see the Statue of Liberty, the 911 Memorial, going under the bridge from our AFT balcony?

Thanks everyone :)

Port (left) side to view the Statue of Liberty when leaving Bayonne. New Jersey will be on the Starboard (right) side. I could never remember which side was port until someone told me that both Port and Left have the same number of letters - half the time I still have to count!.

Starting in 2007:

109220853_zC7XE-M.jpg

Ending in 2008:

382370576_TqLke-M.jpg

Our CC informal sailaway gathering will be at the aft bar on Summit so we should be able to catch both Lady Liberty & the 9-11 memorial...

Sailaway is set for 4 p.m. so it should be nice & clear..

one time Connie sailed late from NYC--got to see lady liberty close up & all in lights--it was awesome & very emotional... (shortly after 9-11)

Here's a link to images of the 9-11 Memorial....http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4HPIA_enUS306US306&q=Bayonne+911+memorial&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=MSAzTPyDBIXGlQermK2-Cw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CC8QsAQwAw

Archived