Bumpiing Tours or Reyno Tours

Angel59920

We have tried to contact Levi Baron at his e-mail and Bumpiing Tours through the website e-mail. We have tried 4 different times w/out any response. Any suggestions? Thank you

Not sure if this will help or not but the info below is from his website and maybe it will help. I emailed him today and had a response within a few hours. Looking forward to a great tour with him!!

December 6th 2011

Any who are trying to get t us using the email on the Trip Advisor site, this is not our email address and emails to this address does not come to us. Please use the contact form on our site, if you do not get a response within 48 hours, this means your email did not reach us, please try a direct email to either of the addresses below. levibaron@bumpiingtours.com or penny@cwdom.dm .

To the OP: heard great reviews for both vendors, so probably can't go wrong with either of them.

We have used Levi (bumping tours) twice now, most recently on December 29 2011, and we highly recommend him.

He is knowledgeable, energetic, and very happy to show off his island. He is very personable, and willing to accommodate. We also love Dominica and the beauty of both the island and the people and hope to go there on a land based vacation some day. Of all the tour guides we have used on any island Levi is our favourite.

Beth

Agreed! We had Gary of "Bumpiing Tours" (as the tour guide) and can say the very same things about him, as your 'description' of Levi.

Couple of photos and videos from our day in Dominica here

(chose "Pools, Falls and more" private tour, exploring Dominica's unspoiled treasures for the entire day basically - 7.5 hours as folks decided to go for the swim at the Emerald Pool, as well as the Trafalgar Falls and finally snorkeling at the Champagne Reef -> $50.00 USD/pax plus $7.00 USD should you want to do snorkeling too; all entrances included along with complimentary local beers and refreshments.

BIG THUMBS UP !!!):

Photos: Bumpiing Tours of Dominica: driving from Roseau to Emerald Pool (Tuesday 12.27.2011)

- Short VIDEO here (bits and pieces of Gary's explanations along the way):

Photos: Bumpiing Tours of Dominica: Emerald Pool visit (Tuesday 12.27.2011)

- VIDEO here: tu.be/hGsrNeGHJ40

Photos: Bumpiing Tours of Dominica - Mr. Nice Fruit Stand (Tuesday 12.27.2011)

- Short VIDEO here:

&

Photos: Bumpiing Tours of Dominica driving from the Emerald Pool to the Trafalgar Falls (Tuesday 12.27.2011)

Photos: Bumpiing Tours of Dominica: Trafalgar Falls visit (Tuesday 12.27.2011)

Photos: Bumpiing Tours of Dominica: Wotten Waven Sulphur Springs stop (Tuesday 12.27.2011)

- Short VIDEO here:

Photos: Bumpiing Tours: driving to the Botanical Gardens & then driving to the Champagne Reef (Tue 12.27.2011)

- Short VIDEO here:

Photos: Bumpiing Tours of Dominica: snorkeling at the Champagne Reef (Tuesday 12.27.2011)

Photos: Bumpiing Tours of Dominica: driving back to the cruise ship - Roseau (Tuesday 12.27.2011)

ENJOY - whatever you decide to do in the beautiful, nature lover's isle that's Dominica!

Another vote for Reyno here. Very professional, and reasonably priced. Tour was customized to our wishes. We had lots of time at every stop and never felt rushed. We swam in both the Emerald pool and at Trafalgar Falls. Lots of walking to both of these locations so if you have issues with walking especially up and down sometimes steep areas you may want to pass. We also had Rosalind as a tour guide, she was funny and very informative. Great driver, he knew how to handle those hills, we felt very safe. Lots of cold beverages on hand for us. Dominica is a very beautiful island, I really look forward to returning there.

We have used Levi (bumping tours) twice now, most recently on December 29 2011, and we highly recommend him. He is knowledgeable, energetic, and very happy to show off his island. He is very personable, and willing to accommodate. We also love Dominica and the beauty of both the island and the people and hope to go there on a land based vacation some day. Of all the tour guides we have used on any island Levi is our favourite.

Beth

Beth,

We used Levi for our Dominica tour last month. This was our second time and we found him to be just as good as before. The Aerial Tram and a Zip line he can work into a combined tour. He responds to e-mail from his Bumping tour website. We had he and his wife as guest aboard the Silver Cloud last month so he could see the ship on the inside. A very nice visit.

We too are trying to decide between Levi w/Bumpiing or Reyno Tours. We noticed that neither post rates. Also, Reyno Tours website shows only 40 minutes at Trafalgar Falls. Question...We read on this thread dated Aug 21 by busybusy23 that it is better to enjoy the sulfur water at Trafalgar Falls rather than Screws Spa. However w/only 40 minutes, does that give us much time there? Is there a long hike to the Falls? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Here are the price quotes I received. We are going with Levi since he responded 2 weeks faster than Reyno.

Reyno's general tour takes "about 5 to 6 hours and will be US$55 P/P, group tours of 6 and over. But for just 2 of you the price will be US$160 total for the entire trip/day and that tour will be a costumize tour with just you all. I will take care of all entry fee's at Trafalger Falls, Emerald Pool, and also provide drinks in the Van for the entire tour."

Levi's (Bumpiing) Pools Falls and More (Wet/dry tour) "The tour cost $50.00us per person (adults). Children under 14 years but older than 5 years, pays $10.00us less ($40.00us). There's no charge for children 5 and under, all they pay is the government sight pass fee $10.00us."

Here are the price quotes I received. We are going with Levi since he responded 2 weeks faster than Reyno.

Reyno's general tour takes "about 5 to 6 hours and will be US$55 P/P, group tours of 6 and over. But for just 2 of you the price will be US$160 total for the entire trip/day and that tour will be a costumize tour with just you all. I will take care of all entry fee's at Trafalger Falls, Emerald Pool, and also provide drinks in the Van for the entire tour."

Levi's (Bumpiing) Pools Falls and More (Wet/dry tour) "The tour cost $50.00us per person (adults). Children under 14 years but older than 5 years, pays $10.00us less ($40.00us). There's no charge for children 5 and under, all they pay is the government sight pass fee $10.00us."

When we used Levi last month it was $50/p. We added to that by going on the Aerial Tram at $64/p and add $35/p if you want to add a Zipline. Levi gave us a tour around the island for the $50/p. We had already done the Tito Gorge, Hot baths. falls and Champagne Reef and Morne Fortune? ( View Area) He gives long tours and you get your money's worth and see more of Dominica than you could see on a ship tour.

At Champagne reef the fins and snorkel equipment are extra. Not sure of cost.

Just got back from our cruise on the Serenade. Booked with Levi for the Roseau Valley Treasures tour. $47pp and he was very quick to respond to all emails. Used the email listed on his website.

Directions to meet Bumpiing Tours were very easy to follow and they are easy to locate. We ended up having Levi as our tour guide. A couple we met did the Pools, Falls and more tour and had a different guide but were very happy as well. Levi is very knowledgeable about the island. This tour went to Champagne Falls, Titou Gorge and Trafalgar Falls. Levi made sure that every where we stoppped was not overcrowded at the time so that we were able to make the most of the area.

Champagne Reef was some of the best snorkeling we have ever done. Titou Gorge was beautiful. The water is COLD but it is so worth it. And if you can, jump off the waterfall! Trafalgar Falls is gorgeous and sitting in the hot springs is a great end to the day. On the way back to the ship we drove through the Botanical Gardens and stopped at Morne Bruce to take some pictures. Levi made many stops along the way so that we could get plenty of pictures. Water, juice and local beer were available all day.

Levi made sure that our day in Dominica was perfect! Would definitely recommend Bumpiing Tours. The best island tour we have ever taken and well worth the $$.

-Kristi

Just got back from our cruise on the Serenade. Booked with Levi for the Roseau Valley Treasures tour. $47pp and he was very quick to respond to all emails. Used the email listed on his website.

Directions to meet Bumpiing Tours were very easy to follow and they are easy to locate. We ended up having Levi as our tour guide. A couple we met did the Pools' date=' Falls and more tour and had a different guide but were very happy as well. Levi is very knowledgeable about the island. This tour went to Champagne Falls, Titou Gorge and Trafalgar Falls. Levi made sure that every where we stoppped was not overcrowded at the time so that we were able to make the most of the area.

[b']Champagne Reef was some of the best snorkeling we have ever done.[/b] Titou Gorge was beautiful. The water is COLD but it is so worth it. And if you can, jump off the waterfall! Trafalgar Falls is gorgeous and sitting in the hot springs is a great end to the day. On the way back to the ship we drove through the Botanical Gardens and stopped at Morne Bruce to take some pictures. Levi made many stops along the way so that we could get plenty of pictures. Water, juice and local beer were available all day.

Levi made sure that our day in Dominica was perfect! Would definitely recommend Bumpiing Tours. The best island tour we have ever taken and well worth the $$.

-Kristi

Nicely said!

P1630136.jpg

Photos: Bumpiing Tours of Dominica: Trafalgar Falls visit (Tuesday 12.27.2011)

Photos: Bumpiing Tours of Dominica: Wotten Waven Sulphur Springs stop (Tuesday 12.27.2011)

- Short VIDEO here:

Photos: Bumpiing Tours: driving to the Botanical Gardens & then driving to the Champagne Reef (Tue 12.27.2011)

- Short VIDEO here:

Photos: Bumpiing Tours of Dominica: snorkeling at the Champagne Reef (Tuesday 12.27.2011)

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from Dominica on the Emerald Princess. We used Bumpling Tours and had Nathan (shown in picture above) as our guide and Barbie as our driver. They were awesome! Highly recommend.

Two things...wear your swimsuit even if you are doing the wet/dry tour. It rains a lot. We got rained on twice. Also, if you're not taking dramamine for the motion on the ship, you may need it on this island. The roads are CURVY and BUMPY. But what a beautiful island!

We use Bumpiing Tours and did the Snorkel and Hot Spring tours. Our guide Asher was wonderful and very knowledgeable about the island. Getting into the champagne reef is very rocky but the water was beautiful. We also went to the southern most point of the island, the views were georgeous!!

Just returned and used Bumping Tours for their wet tour @ $47.00 pp and additional $5 for snorkel equipment. This is second time used them, both times they responded quickly via email and gave easy directions to meet at pier. We had rain most of the day, but they did a good job making sure we still got to see attractions and participate in all activities.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from the Caribbean Princess cruise and booked with Levi for March 8. We did the Roseau Valley Tour (wet tour) and I cannot say enough great things about Levi! He was outstanding and our group of 12 had a fantastic time. Levi is so personable and truly loves his island and it shows. We had gorgeous weather and one of the best days ever! The Titou Gorge swim was incredible - he made sure everyone was comfortable and safe. We also went to the hot springs at Trafalgar Falls and soaked in the springs. Levi does his best to make sure you arrive before any of the large groups do as well.

Highly recommend Levi and Bumpiingtours. You will love it!

Just another vote for Levi of bumping tours:D We just got back a little over a week ago and did a tour with him. We did the 'Falls and more' tour and everyone had a fabulous time.

We have a lot of experience with private tours and I would rank Levi right up there:D Great service before hand (email, answering questions, etc.). We are always off early to meet our guides and he was there waiting for us. Recommend.:)

Just returned from a fabulous 11 day cruise on the NCL Dawn. Based on this boards info I contacted both touring people for Dominica and Reyno was prompt in reply and supplying answers to my questions and had a great rate. Didn't hear back from other til last minute and already told Reyno we would like to use his service and couldn't be happier about it! Had a driver there for us at the dock... I originally booked just my husband and I and he said that if I could find 3 other couples so there were 8 in the van that that would be great. Well I only found one other couple and our driver, Alec, took the 4 of us on our tour. Alec was WONDERFUL, polite, knowledgeable and had a knack for taking us to sites at times when they weren't loaded with other people. The hot springs were crowded at Screw's Spa when we arrived so he continued down the road a bit to another that just opened for the day and we had it to ourselves almost the whole hour or so we were there... and it was heavenly!!

I highly recommend Reyno tours and can contact them at reynotours.com

• 1 month later...

We booked a 5 - 6 hour customized tour in Dominica with Reynold Alcendor of Reyno Tours for $50 or $65, not sure. reynotours@gmail.com http://reynotours.com . Since we had been to Dominica several times already we wanted to see things we had never seen before on past visits. My husband wanted to go to Scott's Head where the Atlantic meets the Caribbean so Reyno planned our tour around his request something similar to the Roseau Valley Treasures on the web site plus the Southern portion as we requested. We visited Soufrier Bay, Scott's Head and Champagne Reef where we could have gone swimming or snorkeling but we opted to skip the beach time to see more of this beautiful island. We brought a picnic lunch from our cruise ship which we shared with Ashford and Christabelle during stop at Morne Bruce Viewpoint. At the Botantical Gardens Cristabelle did a wonderful job at identifying Sausage Trees, Bamboo, the island flowers, etc. Before heading back to ship we visited Sulpher Springs, Trafalgar Falls, and some other great sites. Reyno assigned us Ashford as our driver and Christabella as our tour guide, both were excellent and would be highly recommended for touring Dominica. Ashford navigated the roads while Christabelle told us the history of the island as we traveled along. For anyone that has the time I would certainly recommend the trip to Scotts Head and if you have the time the snorkeling at Champage Reef as we did that on one of our earlier visits to Dominica is great.:)

We were in Dominica on April 11. Someone from our cruise meet arranged a private tour with Reyno. It was $50 a person. The price was suppose to include admissions. Since there were 10 people, we had 2 vans. It was my husband and I and two kids, 13 and 11., in one van and the other 6 adults in the other van.

We did a the literary backwards since Dominica has law that only cruise excursions can go to the Major points of interest before noon.

Nature first the get wet

General Tour is about 4 to 5 hours.

Entails a 30 minutes drive from the Capital Roseau into Roseau Valley Rain Forest, 30 minutes stop at TiTou Gorge, a 40 minutes stop at the Trafalgar Falls, we proceed to the Wotten Waven Hot Sulphur Spring for 15 minutes, a drive through the Botanical Gardens, 10 minutes stop at Morne Bruce View Point of the City, 1 hour Snockeling at the Champagne Reef and then back to the ship.

Note: We serve refreshments /drinks on all our tours and site passes or entrance fees will be included in tour package prices.

Our first stop was an overlook. We saw the port/ ship.

Second stop was Champagne reef for snorkeling. It was $2 a per person admission fee into the preserve plus another $12 a person for snorkel gear. Spent an $56.

Third stop was the gorge. You did not need life jackets but the guide recommended them since there was a strong current near the waterfall and the water was very deep in spots. It was $2 each to rent a life jacket. We rented 3. Another $6 spent

The Fourth stop was to the falls. It was $5 per person admission. Spent another $20.

The Falls were very crowded. There were hot springs there.

We never stopped at the hot springs listed in tour.

The driver still charged us full price for the tour. I have tried to contact Reyno last week to share our experience but he never returned my emails.

We had a great time and Dominica is amazing but we will never book with Reyno again. We feel that it was false description of tour or the driver ripped us of.

Did you have a copy of your confirmation e -mail. Most companies send a tour itinerary along with extra admission prices applicable. I have yet to read of similar Issues with this company and I think that others would have complained about this as well. With a family these extra costs do add up.

Sorry you had a bad experience. We booked with Reyno and our guide for the day was Kerwin. He knew the island very well and made many extra stops along the way to point out different flora and fauna and other interesting sights.

It was one of the best island tours I've taken and Kerwin was an excellent guide.

I sent a copy of the confirmation to Reyno. My husband had contacted him with some questions. Reyno sent him an email about what was included.

He has never responded to my emails about my experience. However, he was very quick to reply when we wanted to book a tour.

ETA: I just tried to look up reyno tours online and the website has been changed. It lists links to tours all over the world. Interesting....

Edited by stsomewhere

• 5 months later...

We just got back from our cruise and chose Reyno Tours in Dominica.

Thanks to all the posters on here - I was leary of pre-booking and then finding no-one at the port! Knowing lots of others had already done this without problems convinced me to give it a try. Glad I did!

Reyno answered all my emails promptly, took no upfront payments and customized a tour to our requirements. At the port he was easy to find and personally introduced us to our driver for the day - Kerwan.

The vehicle was comfortable and we had a good supply of drinks for the duration of the tour. Kerwan gave us an excellent commentary and took us so all the places we asked him to. It was a great tour and I can definitely recommend him to others.

The only issue we had was the weather - we got absolutely soaked :(

Can't blame the tour guide for that though - LOL I guess when they say RAIN forest - they mean it!