Questions on Liberty 3 night to Bahamas

Would like to know if there will be a formal night on a 3 night cruise and if the specialty dining rooms will be open and available on a 3 nighter.

It being a short cruise, "smart casual" may be the suggested dress code and its on the second night. Seems they are doing away with formal night on short cruises.

At least it is smart casual on the Monarch 3 nighter and also the Majesty as well Im pretty sure.

I havent been on a ship with specialty dining yet..........Waiting anxiously to experience that in February ;)

It being a short cruise, "smart casual" may be the suggested dress code and its on the second night.

I agree, and it's probably a good decision to move toward "smart casual" for a three or four night cruise.

It being a short cruise, "smart casual" may be the suggested dress code and its on the second night. Seems they are doing away with formal night on short cruises.

At least it is smart casual on the Monarch 3 nighter and also the Majesty as well I'm pretty sure.

I havent been on a ship with specialty dining yet..........Waiting anxiously to experience that in February ;)

Ryano is most likely correct. The three day cruises on the Monarch to Bahamas have converted the one formal night to a smart casual so I assumed they will do the same on the Liberty (I'm going on this cruise, can't wait!!).

Besides, 3 night crusies to the Bahamas are usually much more casual in dress than a 7 night somewhere. I just bring a nice cocktail dress and that takes care of the night. :D

BTW, if you haven't done so, drop into the Liberty message board for this cruise and say hi!

That is just what I was hoping everyone would say. We are going to try to get by with just our carry on luggage and not having to take formal clothing will just do the trick.

We were on Liberty for the 7-day eastern May of '09 and ate at both Portofinos and Chops. Chops was good but, to us, just a steakhouse. I really fell in love with Portofino and would do it once during a 3-nighter.

Thanks again, everyone for your answers. Will make my packing a lot easier.

Ryano is most likely correct. The three day cruises on the Monarch to Bahamas have converted the one formal night to a smart casual so I assumed they will do the same on the Liberty (I'm going on this cruise, can't wait!!).

Besides, 3 night crusies to the Bahamas are usually much more casual in dress than a 7 night somewhere. I just bring a nice cocktail dress and that takes care of the night. :D

BTW, if you haven't done so, drop into the Liberty message board for this cruise and say hi!

I dropped by yesterday and introduced myself. Haven't been back yet today. I'll go now and see what's going on.

That is just what I was hoping everyone would say. We are going to try to get by with just our carry on luggage and not having to take formal clothing will just do the trick.

We were on Liberty for the 7-day eastern May of '09 and ate at both Portofinos and Chops. Chops was good but, to us, just a steakhouse. I really fell in love with Portofino and would do it once during a 3-nighter.

Thanks again, everyone for your answers. Will make my packing a lot easier.

With the 3-nighter, you can manage with a carry-on suitcase only. I do, makes it so much easier to not pay baggage fees. I wear a cocktail dress, my DH wears a dress shirt and dress slacks, no suit to worry about this case.

Archived