July 4th on Imagination, with a trip Behind the Fun! A pictorial.

DarthGrady

Thanks Mark!

Sorry your cruise didn't pan out, d@mn tropical storms!

No rope lights on Imagination, even the cable that used to hold them (and the flags) was gone. The strand in front of the bridge was still in place oddly enough. I asked the Captain why they were taken down while we were on the Behind the Fun tour, he said they were probably taken down for repair. But since the Fascination has also lost hers, I'm betting it will be done fleetwide sooner or later. Probably some Vice President trying to save a few bucks and didn't think anyone would notice. :rolleyes:

We were on the 7/31/10 Inspiration cruise and they had both the rope lights and flags. I love to see those!

Grady ... I loved your review and thanks for posting the awesome pictures.... It's been a few yeaars since I was on a fantasy class ship and I am wondering if you could answer the following questions for me,

1.Are the safes are buttons or key swipe ?

2. The key card entry, is it your sail and sign card or the old plastic key cards they had a few years back ?

Thanks again for a great review

Grady ... I loved your review and thanks for posting the awesome pictures.... It's been a few yeaars since I was on a fantasy class ship and I am wondering if you could answer the following questions for me,

1.Are the safes are buttons or key swipe ?

2. The key card entry, is it your sail and sign card or the old plastic key cards they had a few years back ?

Thanks again for a great review

The safe is the card swipe kind, and the door uses your Sail and Sign.

• 1 year later...
I know this is a review from 2010 but we are looking to book M269 on Carnival Fantasy. Do you perhaps have any pictures with the curtain open in your cabin, looking out at the wake? Were you able to hear your neighbors? Would you book this type of room in the future?

I liked the location, even though it was a long walk back from the elevators. It was very quiet back there, no through traffic to make noise. We never heard the neighbors, and would definitely book it again. I didn't get any pics of the wake, but you had a very nice view of it from the window. You'll have a very nice, panoramic view of the wake from any of those aft facing rooms.

This is EXACTLY what i have been looking for!! Thanks. Is the observation deck over the brdge still available? I havent been able to find any "secret decks" on the deck plans.

Yes, the observation deck above the bridge is open to everyone unless the weather/wind is bad. Just go to Veranda Deck and walk all the way forward in the port-side corridor, the door there leads out to it. Also, there are stairs on either side that lead up there from the Lido Deck below.

The old "secret observation deck" is all the way forward on Atlantic Deck, and accessible via doors in the front of the main theater on either side of the stage. On most ships it has been re-zoned as a crew only area for unknown reasons. :(

Edited by DarthGrady
typo

Yes, the observation deck above the bridge is open to everyone unless the weather/wind is bad. Just go to Veranda Deck and walk all the way forward in the port-side corridor, the door there leads out to it. Also, there are stairs on either side that lead up there from the Lido Deck below.

The old "secret observation deck" is all the way forward on Atlantic Deck, and accessible via doors in the front of the main theater on either side of the stage. On most ships it has been re-zoned as a crew only area for unknown reasons. :(

Thank you so much! We loved this area on our first two cruises. I hope it is still as private on this cruise as the others since it seems to be more secluded on the class we were on.

I have to say this is the best review I have ever seen. You took the time to take pics of every area of the ship whether you were using that area or not. I think it is great for people that have never cruised before to really see what is on a cruise ship before they step onboard. Thank you for such a great review. I think Carnival should hire you to review all of their ships. :D

I have to say this is the best review I have ever seen. You took the time to take pics of every area of the ship whether you were using that area or not. I think it is great for people that have never cruised before to really see what is on a cruise ship before they step onboard. Thank you for such a great review. I think Carnival should hire you to review all of their ships. :D

I agree, maybe they are looking for people?!? :D

I actually couldn't think of a better job than to be a photo-journalist in the travel industry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...