Cruise DVD

slapsyru

Just wondered if anyone has ever bought the DVD they sell at the end of the cruise and if they're worth it? I've thought about them both times but just presumed it's the same stuff they show on the cruise tv channel and didn't bother but regret not getting them now. If they're worth bothering with i will this time.

Thanks

Yeah, I did of our last Solstice cruise. Only because my sister and I were in the fashion show. It was OK. A lot of stock footage, but if you are the type that attends a lot of functions, such as deck parties and such, there's a good chance you'll actually be in it. It's fun to watch every now and then.

to me it's not worth it. You may or may not even see yourself on it. I take some photos, maybe a little video with my camera if it's a place we've never been to before but for the most part, it's a video of strangers on a cruise ship that you may watch once then it will become a dust collector anyway (just my opinion)

We only bought the dvd once. But it was only because we were on it alot. For some reason the camera always seemed to be on us. It made it worthwhile for us to get.

It is the same one they replay on the ships television during your cruise. So if you watch it in your cabin on the tv and never see yourself, chances are you aren't on it. We didn't buy it on our last two cruises as we weren't on it at all.

Hi,

Bought it X3...regretted it X3 .... last time, actually sent a ''false representation '' complaint to == X == and got my $$ back.

They ( cruise lines in general) present it as '' a video of YOUR Cruise '' built over the ## of days your sailing lasts...and promises it's 80% THIS cruise for exemple, with perhaps 20% ''stock'' material....they present it as '' approx ## of minutes''. The ''ongoing''showing during the cruise is enticing, as THAT showing does include a fair amount of your CURRENT sailing.....BUT ....when you buy the ''finished '' product, let me assure you it's a totally different story.

a/ lasts ~~ 20% less then advertised

b/ includes VERY little of YOUR cruise, with the majority of the DVD made of stock items

c/ little attempts made at keeping the ''stock'' portion at least seasonnal and current : v.g:: had a DVD showing MichaelsClub with furniture since replaced 3 years before !!!,and featuring a CD who has long been on to other vessels, another one showed a port scene with docks refurbished 3+ years prior;; , a recent one included scenes featuring a ship different than the one we were on !! That last one was on Millie 3 weeks ago...didn't obviously buy the DVD...and made my views quite ...clear to the department in question ...( it showed MERCURY in the Hubbard Glaciers scenes '' from YOUR voyage ...) .,not kidding...

...and I could go on.

A , shall we say,...questionable practice from the cruise lines ( more than one involved in my case...).

I refer to it as a money grabbing marketing trap calling on your emotions for good memories.

My opinion

Cheers

We always buy it because you can take stills from it to augment the photographs you have taken yourself. I make up an album for each cruise but there is always something that you missed or only got a poor shot of yourself.

If you are uncertain if it contains what you want to see, you only have to watch it while on board. It is shown on the TV and in the photoshop area as they build it up over the cruise. My husband and I used to watch it through before going into Michael's Club for breakfast each morning.

Sue

We too buy it as it saves us carrying the video (which we hardly use anyway) on holiday The stock footage at ports of call is a useful reminder of the ports even if it does not always represent the actual day we stopped

Yes we do exactly the same Sue, catch glimpses of it each day - on Equinox it was also played in the room most days but to be honest we were going to buy it anyway

Bought it twice because we knew we were on it (both times we were rewarded as having the most cruises). Never watch it! If you are not sure you are on it (watch it on TV or the monitors) I would absolutely not recommend it - you will be watching stock footage and alot of pictures of people you don't know.

Archived