Hee Hee! I got my welcome package!

jwoap

I am so excited and now apprehensive which I know is ridiculous! I received our welcome package which has luggage tags. And we are now just a little over a month away from our cruise to Alaska on the Star.

I have no idea why I am nervous or apprehensive but I am. Being a first time cruiser I guess this is kinda normal.

or I am just a big nerd.

Your post made me chuckle. I'm trying to remember how I felt before our first cruise, which was NCL Sky to Alaska. Our seasoned cruising companions had me all concerned about tendering into port. Said I would have to just jump toward the tender and hope it didn't move! Very funny!

Excited and apprehensive are normal. I'm starting to get a little giddy about our November 6th cruise already. :):):)

Our first cruise was to Alaska on another cruise line. Don't matter what cruise line you take. You will have a good time. We went back two years ago and may do it again. So much to see in that big state.

Enjoy!!!

Jwoap, if you're a nerd then so I am I! :D We took our first cruise in 2007 and like you I was quite apprehensive beforehand. I think it's because it's such a different kind of holiday to the previous land-based holidays we'd taken and we really weren't sure what to expect as we didn't know anyone that cruises. Like you I was beside myself with excitement when we got our welcome pack in a nice wallet and personalised shore excursion brochure from Celebrity, it felt really special. We've only gotten e-docs from NCL ever since but now we know what's in store for us it's still exciting :) I spent the whole of our first cruise going "wow, this is AMAZING" and have cruised every year since and envisage doing so for the foreseeable future. While we still take land-based holidays I think that cruising is an amazing way to holiday. The ease of waking up in a different place every day without having to pack/unpack and deal with the hassle of airport travel is a blessing. And of course the sights you get to see and the facilties on board the ship are all wonderful. I am sure you'll be a convert too. Enjoy! :)

I guess I'm a nerd also. I can't wait for our first cruise to Alaska and I have to wait almost 2 months. I'm happy to see someone else can be consumed about a first cruise also. I guess I can expect my welcome package in about a month. Can even imagine how excited that will make me. Maybe DH will have to peel me off the ceiling.

Our first cruise to AK was on the NCL Sky (2003) and we've been on 4 more since that, with another coming up! Obviously, cruising to AK is a great thing to do, and I know you'll agree shortly!

Before our cruise I didn't have anyone close to me to ask questions of; just our travel agent who was very patient. That was before I knew anything about Cruise Critic, and truthfully we had booked our 3rd cruise before I found CC.

This place has been a huge help in planning more cruises and the wealth of information that is available here is priceless!

Have a great time and be sure to let us know how it goes when you get back. What kind of room are you staying in? We will also be on the Star - in September.

Hikini:D

I just joined Cruise Critic and have heard somewhere where there are

parties on the ships for Cruise Critic members. Is this true? We are

going on the Sapphire Princess to Alaska in August.

Any answers you give me would be appreciated.

Belinda Pink Ears

Go to boards- click on roll call, find your cruise line -click on it. click on your ship. Find your sailing date and start reading! Have fun.

I am so excited and now apprehensive which I know is ridiculous! I received our welcome package which has luggage tags. And we are now just a little over a month away from our cruise to Alaska on the Star.

I have no idea why I am nervous or apprehensive but I am. Being a first time cruiser I guess this is kinda normal.

or I am just a big nerd.

Welcome to the club. Wait until you cruise is over and can't wait to book the next one. :D:D:cool:

No no no...

You all got this wrong......... ;) It is a medical condition called "chronic giddiness", I myself had it when I got my welcome aboard kit on my first cruise.

:) The only treatment I found was to read it over and over just in case I missed something.

After the first 50 times I started to relax. :p

The thing is... this condition is addictive and I had to make it happen again so I could feel the "pain" of this giddiness. :D

Only 9 months until I get it again :eek:

I feel the same way. I am excited and a little apprehensive also. We will be going on our first cruise in November to the Bahamas. We have done land vacations so this is really different for us although I can't wait to experience cruising.

Hello fellow cruise nerd. My name is Kathy and I'm a cruise addict.

I developed this terrible :D addiction in 2003. Back then was a cruise booklet, plastic luggage tags. Know I didn't get a good night's rest the night before. I still remember going over the George Washington Bridge and seeing a smokestack down the river that I recognized from it's pictures. I also remember standing at the pier and looking up at that HUGE ship. Mouth and eyes wide open like this:eek:. Our only vacations prior had been to Disney so this was a whole new adventure. The first cruise I couldn't understand why people were laying in lounge chairs reading books. I wanted to go, go go. Go to shows, check out the ship, go get food I didn't have to make, etc. By cruise number 2 it sunk in --- sit down, RELAX, breathe............ now I just need to make more money to take more cruises:)

I hope your first cruise is everything you hope it will be and more

My 1st cruise was on the britannis in 1987 & now after 23 yrs & 60+ cruises behind me, the anticipation & excitement never changed.

If you grow to love cruising like all the people on cc, whether it's a day cruise or 90 days, your feelings wont change. Guaranteed!

Just go & enjoy.

Lou

Archived