Difference between confirmed and booked ?

ohiojohn

This morning I tried to book a specialty restaurant reservation and received the following message; Your reservation must be confirmed to book a specialty restaurant. The Celebrity web site indicates we are "Booked" for a Solstice December cruise. Anyone have any insight into this ? Does the reservation status move to confirmed after final payment ?

This morning I tried to book a specialty restaurant reservation and received the following message; Your reservation must be confirmed to book a specialty restaurant. The Celebrity web site indicates we are "Booked" for a Solstice December cruise. Anyone have any insight into this ? Does the reservation status move to confirmed after final payment ?

There doesn't seem to be any standard on this. I have two cruises both awaiting final payment one is shown as confirmed and the other booked. I called Celebrity and did not get an answer that made any sense.

Just checked again and both are now listed as confirmed. Nothing different has occurred other than time. Who knows?

I think it has to do with when your credit card payment actually goes through to Celebrity. When I booked my cruise last week, it showed as 'booked' until about 24 hours after I had given my CC # to my TA. I know the charge didn't show up on my CC until the day after, so that's why I'm making the connection. :)

We were part of the ecruisestore dot com fiasco. After reading Kween Karen's posts on the issues she had with them on her HAL booking, we demanded that ecruisestore remit our full pre-payment (we were suckered into doing that by the promised perks) to Celebrity.

A few weeks later I noticed our res on the Celeb website was BOOKED, and I thought all was well. I did call Celeb to clarify the term, but since we were thru a TA, they wouldn't give me info. I figured all was well....

Well, a month later ecruisestore announced bankruptcy and turned my booking over to another agency. This agency was very forthcoming and informed me that my monies had never been remitted to Celeb.

Therefore, BOOKED meant deposit down and cabin reserved.

Luckily our cc refunded our money and all went well afterwards. The new travel agent was phenomenally helpful to us and to others whose ecruisestore messes she had to untangle.

CONFIRMED means ????

We were part of the ecruisestore dot com fiasco. After reading Kween Karen's posts on the issues she had with them on her HAL booking, we demanded that ecruisestore remit our full pre-payment (we were suckered into doing that by the promised perks) to Celebrity.

quote]

You are not allowed to mention cruise agenices by name. ;)

"You are not allowed to mention cruise agenices by name. ;)"

It is permitted when they have gone belly-up and are no longer in business. Notice that I didn't mention the name of the rescuing TA:cool:!

Because of the "no-name" policy here, it took some research on my part to identify the agency Kween Karen was referring to. I was heartsick when I realized I had booked with that very online agency.

Never again.

But, the question of BOOKED vs. CONFIRMED still remains.....

A few weeks later I noticed our res on the Celeb website was BOOKED, and I thought all was well. I did call Celeb to clarify the term, but since we were thru a TA, they wouldn't give me info. I figured all was well....

Well, a month later ecruisestore announced bankruptcy and turned my booking over to another agency. This agency was very forthcoming and informed me that my monies had never been remitted to Celeb.

Therefore, BOOKED meant deposit down and cabin reserved.

Luckily our cc refunded our money and all went well afterwards. The new travel agent was phenomenally helpful to us and to others whose ecruisestore messes she had to untangle.

CONFIRMED means ????

I think that works with what I was saying - Booked = room held. Confirmed = deposit paid.

Your deposit was NOT paid to Celebrity, so your reservation was never confirmed.

We are shown as confirmed (booked directly with Celebrity), but have not been able to make specialty restaurant reservations. Our cruise isn't until January 7th, so maybe it's too early?

I think that works with what I was saying - Booked = room held. Confirmed = deposit paid.

Your deposit was NOT paid to Celebrity, so your reservation was never confirmed.

The only thing that ##%** defunct online agency did right was to pay my deposit directly to Celebrity as that is how it was charged to my cc. I only owed the remainder (total cruise cost less the $900 deposit) at final payment. So my reservation was "confirmed" at time of booking.

Sign me still confused.....

When I log into my reservation, on my reservation summary it says confirmed but at the top of the page in bold red letters it says booked. I'm also confused. I called Celebrity to confirm they received my final payment but they wouldn't give me any info and said I needed to talk with my TA. I don't trust my TA because the customer service has been so poor. I'm assuming since I am only 2 months from cruising my reservation would have been dropped had they not received final payment :confused:

Archived