Celebrity Dining Room Attire

Amen! My parnter and I both own tuxedo's due to our jobs. I would in no way expect the majority of society to own them as they are impractical BUT most men own a suit or a suit jacket that can be worn with a shirt/tie.

On this past trip we chose not to bring formal wear or suits for various reasons. We made the decision that out of respect for Celebrity's policy on formal nights and out of respect for the other guests who did bring appropriate clothing, we did not eat in the MDR in those nights. It was simple, we chose an alternative option. It is all about respect for the rules and for other people.

IMO, this is what it boils down to. You can yammer on about choice and whatnot, but it is purely disrespectful not to follow a posted dress code. I don't care what you think your reasons are.

And I am appalled for the poster who said that a guest wore jeans to her daughter's black tie wedding. Obviously that person didn't give a rat's behind about the couple or they would have at least made an effort to respect their wishes.

Your categorization is exactly right!

Now I have to confess, since you mention it, that I DO have patent leather flip flops with Swarovski crystals on the straps. I LOVE them. I KNOW they're "not to code" but I try to sneak them into the dining room sometimes. They have a little bit of a raised heel, so I try to convince myself that they are "a dressy sandal". Denial is not just a river in Egypt.:p

Sometimes when I'm bored with work, a good dress code thread is just what I need to get the blood going again. It's my equivalent of a smoke break :D.

I took Philosophy of Art, Philosophy of Religion and Philosophy of Education as electives in university, just for fun. I should have checked to see if there was a Philosophy of Cruising course. Maybe I can get a Canada Council Grant....:rolleyes:.

I have the same patent leather flip flops.

Rocco

Now supposed everyone showed up in jeans. Would that be OK with you and your daughter?

I can't speak for her, but it would not have bothered me. My attention was directed to how beautiful she looked!;)

Well we have booked our trip, roll on Xmas.

Since its a special time of the year and covers both Christmas and New year I will be suffering to fork out the extra weight for our flight from the UK to Baltimore and bringing my Kilt and other fittings.

It boils down to the special occasion and also respect for my other diners and I will wear it for the formal nights. If the person nexts to me doesnt wish to dress up then so be it I wont leave any sleep over it as I wont be bothered how others think as its my choice.....rant over phew lol....

I can't speak for her, but it would not have bothered me. My attention was directed to how beautiful she looked!;)

I understand that since I have two married daughters. However, I assume that someone wanted a black tie affair. My guess is that your daughter would have been really upset and you would have "gone thru the roof". Many people on these boards say that it does not bother them to see someone in jears. My guess is that they would quickly change their minds if say 50% of the passengers showed up in jeans. Dinner on a beautiful Celebrity ship should be a little special not like eating dinner at your local Burger King. Celebrity has a dress code. Follow it or choose another cruise line. Adults don't need Clothes Police to make sure they are dressed correctly. That is what we do for our children.

Archived