Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

You are allowed to order a drink from any bar and drink it in your cabin. You just can not order room service with your package.

Newbie question, sorry if it seems obvious to you seasoned cruisers, but I just need to clarify for my 'cruise virgin' peace of mind. :o

Am I getting it correctly that you can a pick up a drink, say a large bottle of San Pellegrino for example, on your beverage package and carry it back to consume in your cabin?

I assume that there are glasses in the cabin so that you can have a bedside overnight drink available?

BTW is 'cabin' correct or is the accepted phraseology 'stateroom'?

TIA

Graham :D

Help, have read lots on this thread, and now have a headache!

Off on Eclipse in May, can anybody help with a couple of queries, really can't face looking through 673 replies LOL.

We are thinking of buying a 'Classic Non-Alcoholic Package' , if we do can you get 'latte' coffee from Café Al Bacio in the cardboard cups with lids and take them to your stateroom?

And does the package include includes non-alcoholic beverages, i.e. Strawberry Banana Soda, Peach Sangria and similar. The website is a bit sparse as to what you can actually have on the deal!

Richard

I would love to know this information as well. What the heck is the difference between the specialty coffees and the premium coffees? Some posts have suggested that the diffence is alcohol - stating the premium coffees have alcohol in them. However, there are several posts that contradict this. I would love to hear from anyone who bought the classic package and got different types of coffees - were you able to get cappuccinos, lattees, etc, with the classic package or were you limited to a plain espresso?

Help, have read lots on this thread, and now have a headache!

Off on Eclipse in May, can anybody help with a couple of queries, really can't face looking through 673 replies LOL.

We are thinking of buying a 'Classic Non-Alcoholic Package' , if we do can you get 'latte' coffee from Café Al Bacio in the cardboard cups with lids and take them to your stateroom?

And does the package include includes non-alcoholic beverages, i.e. Strawberry Banana Soda, Peach Sangria and similar. The website is a bit sparse as to what you can actually have on the deal!

Richard

Richard,

I purchased the Premium Package for a Solstice cruise last summer and I'm pretty sure you can get a latte coffee with the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package.

As for the other non-alcoholic beverages you mentioned, you may need to purchase the Premium Non-Alcoholic Package to get those as they may be considered frozen drinks or smoothies which are not covered by the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package.

I loved the Premium Package and felt it was worth it. Those drinks at the Molecular Bar are great!

Steven

We just returned from a week aboard Eclipse. The ship was great and we had a wonderful cruise however I felt really jilted on the premium package. If you like good wine don't get it. There were very few wines by the glass and they were all terrible. The Celebrity label was nothing more than Woodbridge in a glass. If you are a heavy alcohol drinker it would be worth it but otherwise just get the non alcohol so you can enjoy all the water, cola and coffees and buy your own alcohol. You'll come out better.

Thanks for all your posts in regard to the drink packages. To summarize my feelings about the packages, I didn't want to be worrying about cost for every drink my wife and I order. This way, we can order as we like even if on any given day we do or do not reach the break even point and in the event we don't actually break even I will be satisfied that it was something that was worth the price. In fact, I actually pre-purchased our packages (premium) today. Only 65 days left to the cruise and I will post my after cruise feelings upon my return home.

Thank you for your very honest review. We thought seriously about the 2 liquor packages but just could not see drinking enough to make it worth our while...I guess we decided we don't drink enough liquor to equal the cost of the package. It was interesting to read your comment and thoughts about the quality of the wine. We had already pretty much felt that for us the method would be to just go ahead and individually order/buy all the drinks (water to boose) we wanted. I bet we won't spend the cost of the package. It might be different if we had more "sail days"...as it is, eleven days cruising and only 2 sail days cuts down on the expensive drinking.

Can anyone tell me how much the Premium Package for a 14 nts cruise costs is US funds. I purchased this package for my upcoming cruise and being from Canada I was billed in Canadian funds. No where on the Celebrity site can I see the cost of this package in US dollars. If I purchased the package once onboard it would be billed in US dollars correct???.

That is strange. I live in Canada and just booked shore excursions and was charged in american dollars which is what i expected. Maybe it depends whether you paid for your cruise with american or canadian dollars.But from your experience I agree the exchange rate you recieved was not great.

That is strange. I live in Canada and just booked shore excursions and was charged in american dollars which is what i expected. Maybe it depends whether you paid for your cruise with american or canadian dollars.But from your experience I agree the exchange rate you recieved was not great.

When I made our booking online it was all done in CDN dollars, US wasn't an option.

I had been able to display the rates in US funds but when completing the online booking everything was then changed to CDN. I'd just assumed it was because I entered a Canadian address.

I'm not going to make ANY more online purchases and we will wait until we board to book excursions and we'll pay for gratuities once on board so we can pay in US. I just HATE getting hosed on the exchange rates.

Which premium package... the non-alcoholic one or the one with alcohol?

If it's the one WITH alcohol, it's US$56.35 per night ($49 per night + 15% service charge).

I paid for the premium drink package for my upcoming ten night cruise and my eight night cruise...they were both exactly the same price......does that make sense to anyone?

I paid for the premium drink package for my upcoming ten night cruise and my eight night cruise...they were both exactly the same price......does that make sense to anyone?

Definitley should not be the same price, I would check again or phone Celebrity.

Just returned from 10-day cruise on Mercury. the Classic Alcohol Package was WELL worth the cost. Only $39 per day, I easily received a great value: the two lattes per day, plus pool drinks, plus dinner wine, plus late night. I highly recommend this to anyone who has a few beverages per day. My wife, on the otherhand, paid as she went, since she received free hot tea through room service, tea and or lemonade during the day. She had a drink or two during teh day and wine at dinner. Her consumption would not be wiorth buying a alcohol package, or a NA since she doen't like soda very often. I look forward to my next Celebrity Cruise!!

Just putting in my 2 cents worth here. We decided to try the Premium package on the Century in Jan. Although they claim you can have a glass of wine up to $12. there was not one to choose from on the wine menu, which was very disappointing. The highest price was $9.50. We did enjoy being able to drink Martini's etc whenever we wanted but since we are Elite it was tough fitting it all in to make it worthwhile. The only problem I had was in the Martini bar after I had ordered a martini, I asked the bar staff for a water & they basically told me I had to drink my Martini first before I could have water. This seemed odd to me so I went to the bar & asked for the water & it was no problem.

Just putting in my 2 cents worth here. We decided to try the Premium package on the Century in Jan. Although they claim you can have a glass of wine up to $12. there was not one to choose from on the wine menu, which was very disappointing. The highest price was $9.50. We did enjoy being able to drink Martini's etc whenever we wanted but since we are Elite it was tough fitting it all in to make it worthwhile. The only problem I had was in the Martini bar after I had ordered a martini, I asked the bar staff for a water & they basically told me I had to drink my Martini first before I could have water. This seemed odd to me so I went to the bar & asked for the water & it was no problem.

That's a bit silly they didn't want to give you a water, it's not like you ordered another drink. glad you finally got it though!

One person getting his drink from his beverage package has to let them scan

your Sail Away card. This assures only one person drinking on his package. At the end of the trip the final bill will show just how many drinks were consumed and then you can figure out if it was a good deal or not. If the person using the card doesn't match the id photo on the card...no drink. Keeps it honest for the ship reports I guess.

Here's a question I'd like to ask and can't find it anywhere on this board.

Do the bars give you fresh squeezed orange juice for your drink if you have the premium package?

Also, does anyone know if there are any bars that offer pre-dinner munchies while you have your pre-dinner cocktail? Thanks.

I see that when you purchase the beverages packages - a 15% service charge is added. If you purchase the beverage package, do folks still tip for each drink on the ship - or is not the 15% service charge meant to cover the tip?