Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

My DH and I both purchased the Premium Alcohol package for our upcoming Eclipse cruise. Can anyone advise what a Skinny Martini and Tru Blu cocktails contain? We are in AQ and I understand the Tru Blu is a signature drink available in that restaurant. Thanks to all in advance!

I've never seen this question asked.

I've read that people who had the premium package don't have to sign anything when they get their drinks. That sounds very convenient.

My questions are,

1. What of I have the standard alcohol package? Do I have to sigh some thing every time I get a drink that is covered in my package?

2. If I don't have to sign anything what is the best way to tip a bit extra for exceptional service.

Thanks!

I've never seen this question asked.

I've read that people who had the premium package don't have to sign anything when they get their drinks. That sounds very convenient.

My questions are,

1. What of I have the standard alcohol package? Do I have to sigh some thing every time I get a drink that is covered in my package?

2. If I don't have to sign anything what is the best way to tip a bit extra for exceptional service.

Thanks!

1. You would only have to sign if you got a drink not included in your package.

2. We just give our favorite bartenders an extra tip on the last nigt of the cruise.

does anyone know if you get another bottle if you finish the 1st on stateroom bar setup? also, do they have a max number of mixers (ie...coke,gingerale,etc..) that you can select in the same setup? we were thinking of ordering 1 bottle for stateroom setup then bringing in the rumrunner for the other choice and using the mixers. thanks.

With the stateroom bar setup you get 6 cans of soda/mix (your choice). If you want to buy a second set up you can... and with that bottle you get another 6 cans of mix.

Now... my question:

I just read on another thread that the waitstaff/bartenders do not get any tip when they serve someone who has a drink package. True, or not true? It doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't get a cut of the 15% we pay on the packages...but does anyone know for sure? If they don't get a tip, and I need to tip EXTRA in cash so they do get a tip, I'd like to know... that will help me decide whether or not to buy a package. I would still tip extra for my "favorite" waiter/ess and bartender at the end of the cruise... but what about the guy I only get a drink from once???

I just had a thought' date=' if my husband and I are sitting at the Martini bar, he has the Classic and I have the Premium package

can I order a martini on my card then hand over my card to him so he can order a martini?[/quote']

Only if one of you is wearing bunny ears. Then it should be ok!!

With the stateroom bar setup you get 6 cans of soda/mix (your choice). If you want to buy a second set up you can... and with that bottle you get another 6 cans of mix.

Now... my question:

I just read on another thread that the waitstaff/bartenders do not get any tip when they serve someone who has a drink package. True, or not true? It doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't get a cut of the 15% we pay on the packages...but does anyone know for sure? If they don't get a tip, and I need to tip EXTRA in cash so they do get a tip, I'd like to know... that will help me decide whether or not to buy a package. I would still tip extra for my "favorite" waiter/ess and bartender at the end of the cruise... but what about the guy I only get a drink from once???

The tip is included in the price.

Now you got me thinking again :D

If you buy the package can you request to have a bar set up in your stateroom?

Please say yes!!!! :D

Only if one of you is wearing bunny ears. Then it should be ok!!

Wow!

Thanks C&F.

I totally forgot our cruise was around Easter time.

With a premium beverage package and bunny ears no doubt we'll be grinning from ear to ear. :D

Very interesting thread and price list..I see my friends are all here!

Looking at the list and prices it looks like premium is the only way to go...BUT...I really need a few beers/wine in the room. So how do we do this...?

Very interesting thread and price list..I see my friends are all here!

Looking at the list and prices it looks like premium is the only way to go...BUT...I really need a few beers/wine in the room. So how do we do this...?

Well, if you want to, you can board in PR with two bottles of wine. As to getting a bottle of wine to your room using the drink package, that's a different story.

From memory most of the bars shut at 1 ish apart from the nightclub but the barmen got to know us as the week went on and they carried on serving us while they cleaned and re stocked the bar.

I think you might get some strange looks walking round with a tray of unopened drinks!!! Have you thought about buying your wife an extra large handbag before you go? That way she will be glad you've remembered her birthday and you'll have a good way to keep your stateroom stocked with beer !!!! Everyone's a winner !!!!!

Thanks for all the effort that went into this thread and the spreadsheet. Just signed up dh and I for the Premium Alcohol Package. I was all over trying the Classic until I read this and realized the martinis weren't included! And for the price of one of those per day, the Premium makes it worthwhile!

I'll report back after the cruise! (Feb 10-14)

We are going to book the premium alcohol package for our upcoming cruise on Constellation feb-10-26

We know the rules. Only one drink at the same time.So far no problem.

But IIRC someone here on this board mentioned, that in the MDR it is possible to order a glass of wine and in addition sparkling water at the same time.

Can someone confirm this?

That would be perfect for us, because we don´t want to drink the wine so fast and get drunk halfway through dinner.

We know there is iced water on the table, but we don´t like very much.

Thank you.

Michael

Our sommelier brought us wines that weren't on the MDR list once we'd chatted with him a bit. We encouraged him to do wine pairings with the food we ordered. We appreciated his help. He really got into it after a few days. It was a 2 week cruise so we had time to build the relationship.

@Michael - yes, my husband and I both got the premium package and our assistant waiter made sure there was a large bottle of Pellegrino waiting for us after the first night or so when we ordered it. We also got wine by the glass, and espresso following the meal. Again it was our Asst Waiter who brought the espresso.

@Michael - yes, my husband and I both got the premium package and our assistant waiter made sure there was a large bottle of Pellegrino waiting for us after the first night or so when we ordered it. We also got wine by the glass, and espresso following the meal. Again it was our Asst Waiter who brought the espresso.

Thank you very much bbappel.

Looks like you cant: From Celebrity's website.

Your beverage packages (except for Stateroom Bar Setup and Riedel Wine Glass Comparative Workshop) can be enjoyed in any bar, restaurant or lounge onboard the ship. Additionally, you may enjoy the packages on our private island, Labadee. With the exception of the Stateroom Bar Setup, none of the packages can be used in your stateroom

The tip is included in the price.

Now you got me thinking again :D

If you buy the package can you request to have a bar set up in your stateroom?

Please say yes!!!! :D

Wow!

Thanks C&F.

I totally forgot our cruise was around Easter time.

With a premium beverage package and bunny ears no doubt we'll be grinning from ear to ear. :D

Do they swipe your card when you have a package? Just wondered if they keep track of how much people actually drink vs. the price. They have to be making money on the packages. I have the premium alcohol pkg for the Eclipse coming up and really doubt I will drink that much - mainly got it so I can try different drinks. Just curious if Celebrity tracks cost/usage?

I know curiosity killed the cat - LOL

I know about the beverage packages but if you choose not to buy it, can someone explain what the bar set up package is and the cost for your cabin?

Thanks

It's all on the website, but here's a bit about it:

Enjoy your favorite bottle of spirits in the comfort of your stateroom throughout your cruise. Your Stateroom Bar Setup will be ready for you in your stateroom upon arrival. Complete with mixers and a bucket of ice, sip your favorite cocktail as you unwind in private comfort.

Once you have confirmed your purchase online, the order cannot be modified. You may, however, cancel the order and then make your purchase(s) again.

This package must be pre-reserved a minimum of four days before your sail date. To purchase Stateroom Bar Setup Packages onboard, please inquire with your stateroom attendant.

Classic Stateroom Bar Setup

The Classic Stateroom Bar Setup includes a sophisticated collection of brands such as Seagram's®, Beefeater®, Captain Morgan® and more. You may also choose from a list of mixers, including Coca-Cola® products, Ginger Ale, tonic water or juices.

*Starting from: 80.00 USD Per Package

Premium Stateroom Bar Setup

The Premium Stateroom Bar Setup includes a sophisticated collection of brands such as Crown Royal®, Bombay Sapphire®, and Grey Goose®. In addition, you may also choose from a list of mixers, including Coca-Cola products, Ginger Ale, tonic water or juices.

Do they swipe your card when you have a package? Just wondered if they keep track of how much people actually drink vs. the price. They have to be making money on the packages. I have the premium alcohol pkg for the Eclipse coming up and really doubt I will drink that much - mainly got it so I can try different drinks. Just curious if Celebrity tracks cost/usage?

I know curiosity killed the cat - LOL

My experience: yes and no. I just had the soda/pop package and I would say about 85% of the time they swiped the card. More so early on in the cruise. My guess is they just track usage and then can analyze later.