Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Asked the TA to tack on 2 Premium packages yesyterday( Aeroplan points thru him). Why? Convenience and not worrying. We are doing the 11 day Equinox Feb 7th. The booze list with prices My wife found was great.( Excel sheet) This is a breakdown of drinks for a possible given day for moi.

1-good cafe,

1-pop,

1-water,

3 beer,

2 wine,(Getting ready for dinner(actually waiting for DW), during dinner)

1 martini,( anytime)

and 1 Liqueur. ( at the show)

Some days maybe more( those first few on the first day seem to go down too easy) some days less( island days). Total paid out as you go 720.47. Package with gratuities 619.85.( this is Canadian not U.S. as on the ship). DW breakdown not as high but within reason.

Could we go cheaper? Yes. But you will think twice about that Martini and will drink Coors instead of having a Corona, Stella or Newcastle. You will only have wine every second night and won't take that water bottle with you on excursions. You will worry about the bottom line ( well maybe just me). The convenience is worth a few dollars and you will relax more. Just remember, once you buy a package you probably won't want to pay any extra for drinks. If you don't drink Martinis get the Classic.

Steve

Sorry if this question has been answered but we are on Eclipse sailing on 1/15 (Sat.) in AQ. Is it possible to buy the premium drink package starting on Sunday for the remainder of the trip? Would like to see what drinking mood we are in before investing $56 x 2 for both of us.

Could we go cheaper? Yes. But you will think twice about that Martini and will drink Coors instead of having a Corona, Stella or Newcastle. You will only have wine every second night and won't take that water bottle with you on excursions.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Whilst we will not be buying the beverage package, we will still have wine each day and we will get the types of beer/ Vodka + mixer that we like. We don't drink martinis or cocktails.

Typically, We will get a bottle of wine $30-40 for dinner, three beers/ vodkas at $6 after dinners with one drink pre dinner on a sea day.

We don't drink a lot of tea or coffee. We will be on the Eclipse next June and

we will make use of the kettle in Cabin.

I doubt that we would exceed $98 + 15% for the two of us and I certainly would not lose any sleep if we decided to get a more expensive bottle of wine or drunk a few more beers.

Cheers

Jim

Sorry if this question has been answered but we are on Eclipse sailing on 1/15 (Sat.) in AQ. Is it possible to buy the premium drink package starting on Sunday for the remainder of the trip? Would like to see what drinking mood we are in before investing $56 x 2 for both of us.

Alex, I haven't been on board X since the packages started, but I've seen many places here that you can purchase a package on board after one or more days and only pay for the remainder of the cruise.

I got a drinks package for Christmas, so I am very happy.

After using the spreadsheet I have to agree that it makes more sense when you factor in more than just alcohol. I don't drink a lot of sodas and not much alcohol either, but I'm on vacation! So juice and sparkling water, Pina Coladas by the pool, and some vodka tonics and beer or wine will do just fine. And I get to have the occasional Frappe and try the drink specials too.

After putting my drinks in the spreadsheet it came to over $340!

If it was not for the martini's( DW wants to try them all) I would just consider the classic package. I have ran the numbers a few ways using excel and with it being so close or under its easier to know what I am spending before I go on the booze. For us it is 56.35 per day for the premium so with what you have said it is not worth it for you.

wine :30/40

3 beer: 18

3 vodka:18

pre dinner drinkx2: 16

15%

=94.30/105.80

Hi Steve,

Whilst we will not be buying the beverage package, we will still have wine each day and we will get the types of beer/ Vodka + mixer that we like. We don't drink martinis or cocktails.

Typically, We will get a bottle of wine $30-40 for dinner, three beers/ vodkas at $6 after dinners with one drink pre dinner on a sea day.

We don't drink a lot of tea or coffee. We will be on the Eclipse next June and

we will make use of the kettle in Cabin.

I doubt that we would exceed $98 + 15% for the two of us and I certainly would not lose any sleep if we decided to get a more expensive bottle of wine or drunk a few more beers.

Cheers

Jim

If it was not for the martini's( DW wants to try them all) I would just consider the classic package. I have ran the numbers a few ways using excel and with it being so close or under its easier to know what I am spending before I go on the booze. For us it is 56.35 per day for the premium so with what you have said it is not worth it for you.

wine :30/40

3 beer: 18

3 vodka:18

pre dinner drinkx2: 16

15%

=94.30/105.80

HI Steve,

I would need the The Premium package to get the beers that I want - $6/7. So classic would be no use!.

I do not disagree with you calculations but I see the amount of alcohol indicated a maximum I would expect to drink on a sea day, less when in port as I will be looking for local beers whilst ashore. Only 4 sea days on my forthcoming 14 Night cruise.

JIm

I must be the only one around that thinks the price of these pkgs is crazy expensive. I just got off an 11 day sailing and my bar bill was $140. That included maybe 5-6 specialty coffees and I feel I drank plenty of Martini's and wine.:confused: I better get with the program!! LOL

I must be the only one around that thinks the price of these pkgs is crazy expensive. I just got off an 11 day sailing and my bar bill was $140. That included maybe 5-6 specialty coffees and I feel I drank plenty of Martini's and wine.:confused: I better get with the program!! LOL

Hi Karen,

You are not alone!

I like my beer & wine but I could not maintain the amount of alcohol required over a 14 day cruise to justify the price of the packages.

Jim

I'm not a huge drinker and there was no way that I'd drink that much over a day to make it worth it.

HOWEVER - I did decide to do the premium non-alcoholic package and it was a great decision! smoothies whenever I wanted them, vitamin water, all sorts of delicious non-alcoholic beverages (be sure to try the watermelon tropic and up at the lawn the sparkling raspberry lemonade), specialty coffees and fresh squeezed orange juice, etc etc. I waited till the first full day of the cruise because I was curious as to what I would spend and after seeing just a few beverage purchases on embarkation day...it was worth it. And just the never worrying about what my bill was and if I should or shouldn't have a drink was welllll worth it.

Edited by NnJ2010

I'm not a huge drinker and there was no way that I'd drink that much over a day to make it worth it.

HOWEVER - I did decide to do the premium non-alcoholic package and it was a great decision! smoothies whenever I wanted them, vitamin water, all sorts of delicious non-alcoholic beverages (be sure to try the watermelon tropic and up at the lawn the sparkling raspberry lemonade), specialty coffees and fresh squeezed orange juice, etc etc. I waited till the first full day of the cruise because I was curious as to what I would spend and after seeing just a few beverage purchases on embarkation day...it was worth it. And just the never worrying about what my bill was and if I should or shouldn't have a drink was welllll worth it.

I also purchased the PMNA Package for my 9-day Celebrity MERCURY Dec. 11-20 cruise and enjoyed the convenience of not having to sign for anything. I had the fresh juices in the morning, several delicious cappuchinos and Coke Zero sodas all during the day and evening, a frozen non-alcoholic drink or two before dinner, and vitamin waters for while out in port and on sea days. I figured before hand I would have to 'spend' $19 per day to break even, and did. To me it was worth it.

Damn those ports of call!!!

HI Steve,

I would need the The Premium package to get the beers that I want - $6/7. So classic would be no use!.

I do not disagree with you calculations but I see the amount of alcohol indicated a maximum I would expect to drink on a sea day, less when in port as I will be looking for local beers whilst ashore. Only 4 sea days on my forthcoming 14 Night cruise.

JIm

After much debate, DH and I have just about decided to purchase the premium package for our upcoming cruise on Eclipse. I do have one other question, though, and I apologize if it's dumb. I know you can bring aboard two bottles of wine; if we just want to enjoy these in the cabin, do we still have to pay a $25 corkage fee?

Thanks,

Pam

After much debate, DH and I have just about decided to purchase the premium package for our upcoming cruise on Eclipse. I do have one other question, though, and I apologize if it's dumb. I know you can bring aboard two bottles of wine; if we just want to enjoy these in the cabin, do we still have to pay a $25 corkage fee?

Thanks,

Pam

No as long as you don't take them to dining room. YOu can fill your glass in room and take a glass of wine to dining room.

I have a questions that I would like recent knoweldge on:

I think I read on CC that Celebrity is very sticky about bringing 2 bottles of wine on board at other ports? That they only allow it at port of entry. Anyone have recent knoweldge that they were successful at bringin wine on at other ports?

Just came off Princess and they still allow 1 bottle per person at every port.

Thanks for answering if you had recent experience on this question.

Thanks,

Pam

I've been wondering the same thing, so I'm glad you asked. Now, is it two bottles of wine per cabin or per person?:confused:

I've been wondering the same thing, so I'm glad you asked. Now, is it two bottles of wine per cabin or per person?:confused:

2 per cabin; still hope someone can answer with recent experience if they were able to bring another 2 per cabin in every port.

Hi All, I see lots a references to a spread sheet to determine if the beverage package is worthwhile or not, but I cann't find the actual spread sheet. Could someone point me to the spread sheet.

many thanks in advance

Hi All, I see lots a references to a spread sheet to determine if the beverage package is worthwhile or not, but I cann't find the actual spread sheet. Could someone point me to the spread sheet.

many thanks in advance

Yup - the link to it is in post 263.

Just of the Equinox. We did the Premium package. Was well worth it for us, especially aon sea days when sitting by the pool. THere were lots of wines for 12 and under, but some just over at 12.50 and several at 15-16. I would say 90% of wine available is $12 or under. Fancy martini's in the Molecular bar were all $12.

We would go to different bars and you could get additional drinlks, for instance we carried a glass of wine to the Cellar Masters Bar and could still order from that bar even though we still had wine in our glasses from another.

For the dining rooms, we always ate evening meals at Blu or specialty rest., the glass never became empty. You could also order an after dinner drink(Frangelica, etc or special coffees) while wine was still being poured.

As far as bringing alcohol onboard. we had bought a bottle of rum in Barbados, fully expecting to have it stored. Put thru teh xray machine, picked it up and went to room. We had no intentions to drink it on ship anyway. So you can possibly do that with wine but also be prepared to ahve it put in to storage and returned at end of cruise.

We found with the prem package it was quite easy to grab a glass of wine and take to the room while dressing for dinner, then just leave room earlier for a pre-dinner glass or two.

BTW, Cellar Masters Bar was by far our fav on Equinox. It was never crowded. I beleive poeple are intimidated by the name and would think it too snobby, but not the case AT ALL. And it is great people watching if sitting in the foyer.

Took me long time to register and find out the prices of these drink packages.

We have this ELITE status. So why would we buy any of these packages? Can't make any sense no?

Still can't find the Persian Gardens on Summit Jan 22-Feb 7. Would love to book................but the web site won't spit it up.

I thank you for your patience, and any help. Also, I guess the first day 1/2 gourmet dining is pretty hit and miss? Must put on my posh frock that day!

thanks for any advice.

We are on the Equinox feb 7th for the 11 day and bought the premium package. Lise wants try all the martinis this time round. From what you said it will be similiar to our trip. Glad to hear the wine keeps coming. I like a few beer in the afternoon but also look forward to getting a good Cafe in the am and grabbing water whenever. We were on the same ship last Feb for the 10 day and loved it. Should be better this time round.WE bought the beer package and frozen drink one last time round and found that you get the incling to have something else. never really crunched the numbers. This time I did and for us anytways we are pretty close so it is worth the convenience and knowing what I am spending ahead of time on drinks.

Just of the Equinox. We did the Premium package. Was well worth it for us, especially aon sea days when sitting by the pool. THere were lots of wines for 12 and under, but some just over at 12.50 and several at 15-16. I would say 90% of wine available is $12 or under. Fancy martini's in the Molecular bar were all $12.

We would go to different bars and you could get additional drinlks, for instance we carried a glass of wine to the Cellar Masters Bar and could still order from that bar even though we still had wine in our glasses from another.

For the dining rooms, we always ate evening meals at Blu or specialty rest., the glass never became empty. You could also order an after dinner drink(Frangelica, etc or special coffees) while wine was still being poured.

As far as bringing alcohol onboard. we had bought a bottle of rum in Barbados, fully expecting to have it stored. Put thru teh xray machine, picked it up and went to room. We had no intentions to drink it on ship anyway. So you can possibly do that with wine but also be prepared to ahve it put in to storage and returned at end of cruise.

We found with the prem package it was quite easy to grab a glass of wine and take to the room while dressing for dinner, then just leave room earlier for a pre-dinner glass or two.

BTW, Cellar Masters Bar was by far our fav on Equinox. It was never crowded. I beleive poeple are intimidated by the name and would think it too snobby, but not the case AT ALL. And it is great people watching if sitting in the foyer.