Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

I would think that Jager would fall under the classic package and the premium package. I can't imagine Celebrity charging over $8 for Jager when more expensive liquors such as Ketel One vodka are below that level. I will be on the Eclipse on Nov 20 with the premium package and will try to answer as many questions as I can including the price of Jager.

At the risk of making an incredibly bad pun - when it comes to beer, we are in the same boat. My wife and I were just on the Solstice 10/10/10 and I can tell you there were no microbrews to be found. I think the 'best' american beer that I saw on the ship was Sam Adams Boston Lager. Ironically, I got the premium beverage package specifically because the list included many of the beers like Brooklyn, Flying Dog and Magic Hat, that I normally drink at home.

Bummer! That's the reason I got the premium package as well (I was sold when I saw 90 minute IPA). Anyone know if the Century has any microbrews on board?

If you buy the classic alcohol package and you order a drink in excess of $8, do you pay full price for the drink or the difference between $8 and the cost of the drink???

It's been reported several times that I've seen. You pay full price for the drink. I say it's been reported because I haven't tried that myself.

It's very interesting (and possibly unfortunate) that you received that answer when you called Celebrity -- because it disagrees with something that they state on another page of their Internet site. Here is what I copied from there on July 28 (with my clarifications in brackets):

"[FAQ:] What is the difference between the 'Premium Coffees' ([available in the] Classic and Premium Nonalcoholic Packages) and the 'Specialty Coffees' ([available in the] Classic and Premium [Alcoholic] Packages?"

"[A:] Premium coffees (e.g. espressos, lattes and capuccinos) are served in our coffee lounges, such as the Cova Bar and Café al Bacio. Specialty coffees include coffee with alcohol and are served in any bar or lounge."

Either the above FAQ & A at the "X" site is wrong ... or what you were told over the phone is wrong. Here is the URL of the above FAQ & A:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000pRoBhS5IxI1cgQeh32VmXn6:12hdebcnj?faqSubjectName=Beverage+Packages&faqId=4044&pagename=faq_answers

PS to "CLEMM," "kitty9," and "gillianrose": Thank you SO very much for standing up for honesty. You made my day. It was refreshing to read your comments.

Just reading through all the posts now and totally confused; so what is right about the coffee?

So frustrating that the website says one thing an d when you call you get a different answer.

Also I have a question about tea.

JG51 posted in #1 that the numebr behind the word was the price. Does that mean if I want to order a cup of earl gray tea , it is $4.00. That seems a bit high!

Also am wondering but can't find it on the website; is their any package deals on wine only? Some crusie lines and I thought Celebrity use to offer a 3 bottle special if you purchased them in advance.

Also any packages for honeymooners? Last year, Norweigan had a great deal for honeymoon and anniversaries

Hello

I'm new here and have been trying to read all in this tread.It's possible that I have missed something but hope for an answer anyway :)

We are first time cruisers and have been thinking of to buy a beverage packet. Classic or Premium.

I have some questions:

1: We would like to have all beverages in the cabin prepared and prepaied. Has anybody any experience of the Stateroom Bar Setup?

2: Is it possible to order what you want via room service to our stateroom? If you have Classic or Premium alcoholic packages. Like to have something to drink (water, juice, beer) in the stateroom but it feels a bit "to much" to have two packages each....

4: Is everything paid for if we order and pay in advance? We are not used to tipping and so on and the information on the website is a bit confusing (at least to me...) This is the information when you read on the order beverage packet side: "A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout"

Under FAQ you read this: "Are gratuities includes in the beverage package price?Yes. For your convenience, a 15% gratuity has been automatically included in the price of all beverage packages."

Is service chargees and gratuity the same? As I said this is nothing we are used to....

kind regard/sollan

We were on the Solstice last September and had the premium package for both of us. On the packages (whether classic or premium you cannot get anything from the in room mini-bar or room service. You can get anything within your package at any bar (one at a time) and take it back to your stateroom. We would have a drink at the bar and then order what we wanted (an unopened beer for mw and a Coke for my wife, one on each card, for instance) for later in the room, just before we went back. We would then put them in a cooler we had brought for the room and have them later. :D:D

I can answer some of your questions.

The stateroom setup is according to the alcohol you order. Check out the choices. It includes the liquor and 6 cans of soda of your choice. Your room steward will ask which ones you would like and bring them to you. You also receive a package with a variety of nuts.

The 15% is added when you pay for the package and that's it. You can tip the waiter if you wish but it's not required. You will or won't get a slip. We've received slips on some ships with 0 on them and then we've received none.

If you read the info carefully you will see that either the premium or classic includes your sodas and waters. That might make it worthwhile.

We sail in March on Connie and are considering 1 package. Still hoping some changes might be made but it's still a good deal for some, not for others.

Pat C

sorry silly question but i cannot see the answer anywhere- what price are the champgane cocktails at Michael's. we normally have one or two before and after dinner, then some wine and maybe a premium coffee or two so trying to work out if the package is worth it.

My son and I are on the Mercury later this month. he'd like to take two bottles of microbrwery beer (from Canada) on board for a Yankeee swap. Will this be a problem?

You are only allowed 2 bottles of wine. As that is the beverage package thread, you may get some more answers by starting a new thread.

My son and I are on the Mercury later this month. he'd like to take two bottles of microbrwery beer (from Canada) on board for a Yankeee swap. Will this be a problem?

This shouldn't be a problem, I've done this before, I put them in a bag and carried them on, acting like they are wine. Worse case is that they take them.

Actually, I've brought a 6 pack on in a backpack before, not too mention what I've put in my checked luggage :)

Hello

4: Is everything paid for if we order and pay in advance? We are not used to tipping and so on and the information on the website is a bit confusing (at least to me...) This is the information when you read on the order beverage packet side: "A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout"

Under FAQ you read this: "Are gratuities includes in the beverage package price?Yes. For your convenience, a 15% gratuity has been automatically included in the price of all beverage packages."

Is service chargees and gratuity the same? As I said this is nothing we are used to....

kind regard/sollan

Thanks for the answers. This question (see abowe) is still a big ??.

I have mailed Celebrity and they answerd like this:"The preliminary price for our beverage packages do not include the 15% gratuity; however, it will be added during check-out. This will only be charged once." :confused: What happend to this: "For your convenience, a 15% gratuity has been automatically included in the price of all beverage packages"? I think the information on the website is misleading and makes me wonder how much more that can be misinterpreted.

I will contakt them again....

/sollan

Thanks for the answers. This question (see abowe) is still a big ??.

I have mailed Celebrity and they answerd like this:"The preliminary price for our beverage packages do not include the 15% gratuity; however, it will be added during check-out. This will only be charged once." :confused: What happend to this: "For your convenience, a 15% gratuity has been automatically included in the price of all beverage packages"? I think the information on the website is misleading and makes me wonder how much more that can be misinterpreted.

I will contakt them again....

/sollan

If you go into your booking & buy the drink package on line when you go to check out & pay for it the 15% will be added on top & you will see exactly what you are paying for.

We recently went on an all-inclusive cruise and it was great because we knew exactly what the cost was going to be. If we buy the premium package and not use the spa services or excursions from Celebrity, will there be any surprises on our bill at the end of the cruise?

We recently went on an all-inclusive cruise and it was great because we knew exactly what the cost was going to be. If we buy the premium package and not use the spa services or excursions from Celebrity, will there be any surprises on our bill at the end of the cruise?

Don't forget your tips, they are included on AI cruises, but not here. Same with Specialty Restaurants.;)

Don't forget your tips, they are included on AI cruises, but not here. Same with Specialty Restaurants.;)

Why? 15% is already included in drinks package as does extra cost for speciality restaurant. You can , of course, tip more if you think that you have been given better than average service.

Jim

You shouldn't expect any additions to your bar bill unless you buy drinks over $12 - you will be charged the full amount for those drinks.

Additional tips are optional

Jim

Edited by jimzgoldfinch

Why? 15% is already included in drinks package as does extra cost for speciality restaurant. You can , of course, tip more if you think that you have been given better than average service.

Jim

I was referring to tips to waiters, cabin stewards, etc.

Now I'm totally confused and we had the classic alcohol pkg in May where tips were included upon purchase of the pkg.

Have they changed it to add 15% at the end of the cruise so all your drinks will be included? 12 drinks, coffees, sodas, waters per day equals more tip money than 6 drinks per day.

Now I'm totally confused and we had the classic alcohol pkg in May where tips were included upon purchase of the pkg.

Have they changed it to add 15% at the end of the cruise so all your drinks will be included? 12 drinks, coffees, sodas, waters per day equals more tip money than 6 drinks per day.

I just called Celebrity Beverage Package lady (whose name also happens to be Dawn) she confirmed that the 15% gratuity is included in our package price - there is no additional gratuity paid on the cruise.

:D