Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

[quote=EtherlyCC;27026336

with your name on it. Can I ask where to find this graphic? Won't use it on CC but on one of my samples of a great door sign.

Thanks

Hi Burrma, what do you want to know, I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean the cruisin hooligans pic in my signiture? Let me know and I will see what I can do.

Cheers

Graeme

Does anyone know how much mimosas cost? Can I order them any morning during breakfast in the MDR? Also, does anyone know how much kir royale costs? Kir royale is sparkling wine/champagne with a bit of creme de cassis, so I suppose that theoretically I could just order a glass of sparkling wine and then also order a "shot" of creme de cassis, right? :)

Hi Burrma, what do you want to know, I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean the cruisin hooligans pic in my signiture? Let me know and I will see what I can do.

Cheers

Graeme

DOn't waste a lot of time looking for it but thought I'd ask and see if you would share if it's easy to do. I"m the worst to find good graphics to use.; love yours; the one of cruise ship with blue around it and the two little happly men.

Thanks

There are about 30 Martinis on the list, so that's only 3 per night!

We had the premium package on our cruise, & can heartily recommend it. It's great not to have to sign a slip and try something 'just because you can.' We decided that we probably wouldn't have spent that much if we'd bought each drink but it ended up very good value indeed.

Go for it - you won't regret it!!

Ok, you have talked me into it. I am sure I will see you at the martini bar. I love martinis and I plan on making my way through every martini!

After browsing this and other threads I was convinced that I would go for one of the alcohol packages for our upcoming Med cruise in May until I realized that the packages don't apply to room service. We have booked a balcony stateroom and my DW and I are looking forward to enjoying a glass or two of wine on our balcony before dinner, in the evening, in the afternoon on sea days etc. I'd hate to have to run down to a bar and back every time I wanted a drink in my room/balcony. So now not so sure it's worth it. Any advice from balcony affectionados out there?!

We are just back from the Eclipse and had a balcony room and the Premium package. We would do the beverage package again in a heartbeat!

We thought it would be a bit of an inconvenience to get a cocktail/drink and bring back to our room but it worked out quite well. The only think I missed was my fresh squeezed oj on the balcony but other than that it was not a problem.

The premium worked well for us - it covered everything we wanted and took away the stress of worrying about our bill. We got Evian each time we were in port - DH and I each got a large bottle and it was great to have at the beaches and on our tour in San Juan. We had lattes and fresh squeezed orange juice, sodas, smoothies, adult beverages - it was great.

The only disappointment was the selection of beers - my husband is really into craft beers and they didn't have any. We inquired as there were some listed on the site at one point - the head bartender informed us those were for the European leg and they took them off for the US based cruises (Dogfish Head, Magic Hat). They did have Carlsberg so I was a very happy cruiser :)

I have to say it was a bit of a jolt coming home and having to hand over cash for a drink in the airport! LOL! They didn't want our Sea Pass card :)

We are just back from the Eclipse and had a balcony room and the Premium package. We would do the beverage package again in a heartbeat!

We thought it would be a bit of an inconvenience to get a cocktail/drink and bring back to our room but it worked out quite well. The only think I missed was my fresh squeezed oj on the balcony but other than that it was not a problem.

The premium worked well for us - it covered everything we wanted and took away the stress of worrying about our bill. We got Evian each time we were in port - DH and I each got a large bottle and it was great to have at the beaches and on our tour in San Juan. We had lattes and fresh squeezed orange juice, sodas, smoothies, adult beverages - it was great.

The only disappointment was the selection of beers - my husband is really into craft beers and they didn't have any. We inquired as there were some listed on the site at one point - the head bartender informed us those were for the European leg and they took them off for the US based cruises (Dogfish Head, Magic Hat). They did have Carlsberg so I was a very happy cruiser :)

I have to say it was a bit of a jolt coming home and having to hand over cash for a drink in the airport! LOL! They didn't want our Sea Pass card :)

Thanks, that is very helpful. I'm now leaning back to getting the package. Also good to hear about better selection of beers on the European leg - we're doing Eastern Med in May.

That seems odd about the beer selections... They have the America Microbrews on the European Cruises, but, not on the ones that leave an American port? I'd love to hear the marketing wizard explain that one...

I believe it has to do with demand. If there are no good sales of particular products on certain itineraries, it is wise to eliminate these products in favor of more popular ones. Since there are plenty of Americans cruising on European sailings, the demand for American microbrews must be there to justify supply. Probably not so for certain Euro brands on Caribbean itineraries, otherwise they would stock them for sure. After all, for Celebrity and other lines, it is all business.

Edited by marinerq

Just got back from 12 nights on the Mercury. My son had the classic package and I had the premium. I'm sure we got our moneys worth.......but the best thing was the not worrying about wheterh you liked the martini - if you didn't you just ordered another one to try. We ended up with favorite drinks/ ( beers in my sons case) and we were on our way to a great vacation. The cappuccino's and waters were endless - no signing of slips - after awhile the waiters memorized our card # and we didn't even have to show our card. Well worth it!

I'm sailing on the Summit (Southern Caribbean 12/26/10) and bought the premium non-alcoholic drink package because I drink a lot of coffee and cappuccinos. I realized that I didn't call Celebrity to check first to see if they offer soy milk as an option because I'm lactose-intolerant, and would likely not get a good value out of the beverage package if I can't have daily cappuccinos. Anyone know if they have soy milk aboard? Seems like they should, but would like to know for sure!

Also...anyone know if they have Splenda in the coffee bar/on the table in any of the dining areas/cafes/restaurants? Or should I just bring my own? I realize I'm pretty picky when it comes to my coffee...but I just want to make sure I'm fully awake and alert so I can enjoy my cruise as much as possible!

Also...anyone know if they have Splenda in the coffee bar/on the table in any of the dining areas/cafes/restaurants? Or should I just bring my own? I realize I'm pretty picky when it comes to my coffee...but I just want to make sure I'm fully awake and alert so I can enjoy my cruise as much as possible!

We saw Splenda all over the ship, but it's possible they could run out in some venues by the end of the week and only have the pink and blue stuff, so it couldn't hurt to pack some of your own.

I'm sailing on the Summit (Southern Caribbean 12/26/10) and bought the premium non-alcoholic drink package because I drink a lot of coffee and cappuccinos. I realized that I didn't call Celebrity to check first to see if they offer soy milk as an option because I'm lactose-intolerant, and would likely not get a good value out of the beverage package if I can't have daily cappuccinos. Anyone know if they have soy milk aboard? Seems like they should, but would like to know for sure!

You will have no problems. They have soy milk on boared and also splenda and equal everywhere

You will have no problems. They have soy milk on boared and also splenda and equal everywhere

We saw Splenda all over the ship, but it's possible they could run out in some venues by the end of the week and only have the pink and blue stuff, so it couldn't hurt to pack some of your own.

Thank you guys so much! I feel much better about my beverage package purchase now :) Only a week and a half of freezing cold weather left before paradise!

Is it possible to buy one alcohol package and share it between me and DH? Or do we have to buy 2 packages? At 40$ / day, it seems to be quite expensive... :confused:

thanks!

No. You cannot share packages. You have to buy 2 packages. I agree that the packages are expensive but others will say they are good value for money!!

Jim

Are there any special "package" on beers once onboard? For example, is there a "buy 2 get 1 free" for beers? I think they do that special with the Princess cruiseline. Also, I went on a cruise with RCI and there was a special "Buy a bucket of 6 beers for the price of 5"... anything similar on Celebrity Constellation?

Me and DH will never drink enough to make the 40$/day package (each!!) worth it... so we are hopping to see some other specials onboard...

thanks!

Are there any special "package" on beers once onboard? For example, is there a "buy 2 get 1 free" for beers? I think they do that special with the Princess cruiseline. Also, I went on a cruise with RCI and there was a special "Buy a bucket of 6 beers for the price of 5"... anything similar on Celebrity Constellation?

Me and DH will never drink enough to make the 40$/day package (each!!) worth it... so we are hopping to see some other specials onboard...

thanks!

Hi,:) they always have a "Drink of the day" which is usually about 5.00.

And yes, I know they did offer the bucket of beer specials. I am not sure

if that is still offered or not.

thanks!

If all you consume is alcoholic drinks, than it may be not worth it. However, for us, factoring in includes pop (reducing true alcohol cost by $5 per day), good cofees (a further $6-7 a day) making true alcohol package about $27 or so. Plus, if you like wine with dinner - consider the cost of wine you bring onboard plus $25 corkage per bottle, and these 2 bottles will not last more than 2-3 nights.

In reality, if you consume less than 3 drinks a day (or 4-5 beers) it may not be worth it.

But, considering it is equivalent to 3 drinks at $8 and glass of wine at dinner pay-as-you go, package it is more than worth it.