Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

If you go into your booking & buy the drink package on line when you go to check out & pay for it the 15% will be added on top & you will see exactly what you are paying for.

Aha...! Does it means that the price I see on the website doesn´t include the 15% and that it appears on the final cost before I get finished with the buy (sorry for bad english).So check-out is check out on the web, not the ship...!

Am I stupid or...:o

Thanks for all answers, it´s a bit :confused: all as a first timer....

/sollan

I sent this question to Celebrity a couple weeks ago, interesting that the Premium Non-Alcohol includes it:

I am looking through the Drink Packages, and, have one question. I enjoy having Bailey's Irish Creme with my coffee in the morning and evening. Could you please tell me which package would include this combination.

and got this response back today:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

The beverage you describe is considered a Specialty coffee and would be included in the Premium Non-Alcohol, Classic Alcohol and Premium Alcohol packages.

<name removed>

Customer Service Representative

Not that it helps me decide on the Classic v. Premium decision.

I sent this question to Celebrity a couple weeks ago, interesting that the Premium Non-Alcohol includes it:

and got this response back today:

Not that it helps me decide on the Classic v. Premium decision.

You can order a Bailey's which is included in the classic package, seperate from your cup of coffee, and mix them together yourself.

Is there a limit to the number of beer or drinks you can order per day on the Alcohol Classic Package? (ie, 6 beer a day?)...thanks

i dont think there is but you will only be able to order 1 at a time and this will be opened so no buckets :(

Sollan - you are correct, when you check out it is added to the total. For my cruise, the Premium package showed as $196.00. When I purchased it, the 15% was added on and my total at checkout was $225. You will not have a surprise at the end of the cruise :)

Sollan - you are correct, when you check out it is added to the total. For my cruise, the Premium package showed as $196.00. When I purchased it, the 15% was added on and my total at checkout was $225. You will not have a surprise at the end of the cruise :)

Thanks to you I have finally go the answers... On CC Norway/USA they are still trying to understand what I mean....:D

/sollan

i dont think there is but you will only be able to order 1 at a time and this will be opened so no buckets :(

You can get the beer or soda or water unopened to take back to your room, just tell them when you order it.

Hi folks - I'm sooo confused after reading all of the posts. While I have been on Celebrity before (in 2003), and have cruised 27 times, would you mind answering a couple of questions?

First - my father had his salivary glands removed this year due to cancer and requires a lot of water throughout the day. I know that I have read that the premium non-alcoholic package (i.e. Evian) are the larger bottles. Are the bottles of water in the classic non-alcoholic package large as well? He would like to know if he could pick up a bottle at one bar, as well as a second at another location in order to have enough for the night time when he retires to his cabin?

Second - coffees - if I get the classic alcoholic package does that include cappucino?

Second - I understand that the classic alcoholic package includes mixed drinks up to $8.00 per day. I am a bourbon and coke drinker, with some wine at dinner and an occasional Baileys on the rocks (oh and yes, a tropical drink or two poolside) - do you experts out there feel that the classic alcohol package is what I should go with?

Thanks for clarifying...much appreciated!!

I think the OP meant the Classic N/A vs. the Premium N/A package

Actually, I was interested in which "Alcoholic" package would include this. I figured I could get away with the Classic by buying a shot of Baileys at the bar, and put it in my coffee. I was looking for the easiest way to simply get a Baileys & coffee in the AM without having to run around (I am incredibly incoherent before my coffee, so, you would certainly see me wandering aimlessly about with a cup of coffee in search of an open bar). Thanks for the tip though...

I did find it interesting that these are included in the Premium N/A package.

TwilightZone - I know,but then I'd be smuggling - and we know how well that goes around here :) Someone on here must know the ship's price for Jagermeister! :)

Nauti - when you buy your package, they add the gratuity when you check out. Whatever you pay when you first purchase, is what you pay - no charges at the end of the cruise and no limits.

You can buy on-line ahead of time or buy onboard. I have read that you can buy the package up to 2 days before your cruise ends - but it is not retroactive. You are paying only for the time remaining on your cruise.

Nauti - when you buy your package, they add the gratuity when you check out. Whatever you pay when you first purchase, is what you pay - no charges at the end of the cruise and no limits.

You can buy on-line ahead of time or buy onboard. I have read that you can buy the package up to 2 days before your cruise ends - but it is not retroactive. You are paying only for the time remaining on your cruise.

Thanks!

How do you buy ahead of time? Is it added to my reservation?

I rather do that now then have a large sea pass bill.

You can go onto your online reservation at Celebrity's web site and make your purchase there. It will be charged to whatever credit card you wish. You can also cancel or make changes any time up to 4 days before the cruise I believe. This is what we did for our upcoming cruise. We know that November/December will be slammed with Christmas shopping on the credit card so we purchased our beverage packages last month.

You can go onto your online reservation at Celebrity's web site and make your purchase there. It will be charged to whatever credit card you wish. You can also cancel or make changes any time up to 4 days before the cruise I believe. This is what we did for our upcoming cruise. We know that November/December will be slammed with Christmas shopping on the credit card so we purchased our beverage packages last month.

Thanks!

That's why I would like to pay for it now, if I can.

My final cruise bill is in Jan, same time as charge card with all the Holiday purchases. :o Along with all my other bills. :cool:

Its amazing that a drink package subject can have this many discussions. What confussion a couple drinks can cause!!:D

Thanks for everyones input so far-- what a vast amount of imformation!! its very much appreciated.

Did we ever settle the RED BULL and Smoothie topic?

Which package will I need if I want to drink some wine and alcohol (can stay under $8) but definately want the specialty coffees- smoothies and Red Bull.

Thanks all!

RVP

Hi folks - I'm sooo confused after reading all of the posts. While I have been on Celebrity before (in 2003), and have cruised 27 times, would you mind answering a couple of questions?

First - my father had his salivary glands removed this year due to cancer and requires a lot of water throughout the day. I know that I have read that the premium non-alcoholic package (i.e. Evian) are the larger bottles. Are the bottles of water in the classic non-alcoholic package large as well? He would like to know if he could pick up a bottle at one bar, as well as a second at another location in order to have enough for the night time when he retires to his cabin?

Second - coffees - if I get the classic alcoholic package does that include cappucino?

Second - I understand that the classic alcoholic package includes mixed drinks up to $8.00 per day. I am a bourbon and coke drinker, with some wine at dinner and an occasional Baileys on the rocks (oh and yes, a tropical drink or two poolside) - do you experts out there feel that the classic alcohol package is what I should go with?

Thanks for clarifying...much appreciated!!

If anybody refused your fathers request on the size of the water on any cruise line they would be down grade very quickly just mention this on his your needs section

The bottom line is that there is a great deal of discrepancy on this subject. Has anyone had a written confirmation from Celebrity that you can buy the package on board a few days after you board???? The web site says yes but you must purchase for the price of the entire package! They also say you can purchase with 2 days left on the trip but pay the entire price????

I'd love to have written confirmation that you can purchase on board and not pay the entire price. Their answers don't specifically detail anything and, as usual, when you call you get several different answers.

Hope someone can confirm exactly what they've been told.

Thanks for any info. We sail in March and are still reading and evaluating what we want to do.

Pat C

Hello, "Tudorcruisers."

You can purchase packages on board. There will be no difference in price -- unless you happen to purchase it, on the ship, immediately after Celebrity has increased or decreased the rate. (In that case, you would have done better to make a pre-purchase.)

I am not sure about this. I think if you purchase your package before you leave, you need to pay taxes, but if you wait until you are in international waters, then there is no tax. Please let me know if I am wrong.

deb