18565 passengers in port

skings

Trying to decide what to do Dec 1 in Cozumel, imagine my surprise when I found out 6 ships in port including Oasis of the Seas. Has anyone been in Cozumel with Oasis?:confused: Well at least I will get to see lots of ships and people.

I agree, don't tell your fellow-passengers, unless you really like them! I would also stay on board.

You caused me to go and check my schedule for December, luckily the worst we have is one other ship in port with us, and none in Coz. At least not according to cruisett.com.

Trying to decide what to do Dec 1 in Cozumel, imagine my surprise when I found out 6 ships in port including Oasis of the Seas. Has anyone been in Cozumel with Oasis?:confused: Well at least I will get to see lots of ships and people.

You might want to consider hiring a private driver and going to the less traveled east side of the island, the "wild" side, as we did last March, when there were 5 ships in port(granted, not the Oasis, but still, at least 12-15K passengers). We'd been to Cozumel a half-dozen times and wanted to do something different. I'd read about Gerry on CC and he got glowing reviews. There were 4 of us, so the price seemed good. We had a great day. Although Gerry speaks fluent English, his friend Mike handles his email bookings and Mike can suggest all sorts of itineraries for your day to best avoid the crowds. Contact Mike at cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com

Good luck!

The all-inclusives generally limit the number of customers per day. No matter how many ships are in port, their beaches will have the same number of people on them. Why not secure spot(s) at one of them now?It seems silly to me to stay on the ship unless you really have no interest in Cozumel.

How many people at your other ports of call? Will crowds potentially confine you to the ship on other stops during your cruise as well?

Hi, Thanks for the info on Gerry and all inclusives.We have been to Coz in the past but not in the last 5 years. Other ports are okay for passengers. We are senior ladies and were thinking of doing Tulum but now will do Belize Mayan tour. Didn't really have any other ideas for Cozumel because the beach and drinking are okay but not more than a couple of hours. We live in Clearwater Beach area so get that all year. Maybe just go shopping, than back to the ship.:D

Cozumel is nearly always a crowded port. I'll be there in February, when the six ships in port will be carrying a total of just over 16,500 passengers. The largest of those ships is Freedom of the Seas, with a passenger capacity of 3,634, the smallest is Holland's Ryndam, carrying only 1,260.

Oasis and Allure carry about 5,400 passengers each. There doesn't have to be too many other ships docked where they are for a port to be crowded.

Oddly, there seem to be no ships docked in Cozumel on Sundays.

We did Coz with 7 or 8 ships in port. Grabbed a cab to Playa Palancar. It is one of the farthest beach clubs from the ships. We got there early and had our pick of chairs. The place started filling up around 10:00 and they started filtering out about 2;00. All in all, it was a pretty nice day.

Another option is Nachi Cocum. It is a private club that takes only 100 customers. You need to make reservations for this one.

And then, as the others have stated, there is staying on the ship. We did this on our last trip. We had snorkeled 3 ports and were worn out when we hit Coz. Since this was our 9th trip to Coz, we spent the day in the pool and hottub. If I went down the waterslide once, I went 20 times.:rolleyes:

It is your vacation, do what suits you.

Archived