Eagle Beach, Palm Beach or Other??

snowcat

Thnx cdnguy - do you know of any beach that we can go to where there are servers who take orders and bring drinks and food? :D

I would check the Aruba Radison on Palm Beach. We had a day pass there last year. It was like $16 each. Pool, Beach, chairs, palapas and towels. There was a bar and they served drinks and food. Don't know if they had servers as we sat at the bar/ ate and drank.:D

If the resort is not full they will grant you a day pass.

Good Luck and enjoy....:)

I would check the Aruba Radison on Palm Beach. We had a day pass there last year. It was like $16 each. Pool, Beach, chairs, palapas and towels. There was a bar and they served drinks and food. Don't know if they had servers as we sat at the bar/ ate and drank.:D

If the resort is not full they will grant you a day pass.

Good Luck and enjoy....:)

Sounds good, thanks for the information. :cool:

Sounds good, thanks for the information. :cool:

I contacted Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort and the response I got back was "You can pay a day fee which is $6.00 per person and it's not necessary to make reservation in advance. On the beach we do have our restaurant for any food & beverage"

If you have additional questions you can e-mail

janine frontdesk@amsterdammanor.aw

Good Luck and enjoy your time in Aruba:)

I contacted Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort and the response I got back was "You can pay a day fee which is $6.00 per person and it's not necessary to make reservation in advance. On the beach we do have our restaurant for any food & beverage"

Thank you so much for taking your time to do this!! I will send her an e-mail and ask if there are servers who come to us. If not, then I guess we'll have to get up and get our own drinks and food. LOL ;)

Thank you for posting this! I have made a note to myself to contact them before our upcoming cruise. It is good to know that it looks like that is not necessary. Since we are cruising in March, during spring break, maybe I should contact them anyway. I know that is the beach we want to visit so I guess it couldn't hurt to contact them regardless....

Thank you for posting this! I have made a note to myself to contact them before our upcoming cruise. It is good to know that it looks like that is not necessary. Since we are cruising in March, during spring break, maybe I should contact them anyway. I know that is the beach we want to visit so I guess it couldn't hurt to contact them regardless....

Doesn't hurt to sent an e-mail if you are concerned. :cool: especially during

winter break/spring break.

Yes, Eagle Beach is the one that you pass before you get to Palm Beach. It is a nice beach, quieter than Palm Beach. ...

I have seen it noted more than once that Eagle Beach is quieter than Palm Beach. By quieter do you strictly mean less people? Does Palm Beach have, for example, jet ski rentals & such that makes it busier than the other? Trying to decide which one to go to. Will be traveling with 2 - 23 yr. olds and 1 - 21 yr. old so trying to figure which is the best fit for us. Thanks for any help!

I have seen it noted more than once that Eagle Beach is quieter than Palm Beach. By quieter do you strictly mean less people? Does Palm Beach have, for example, jet ski rentals & such that makes it busier than the other? Trying to decide which one to go to. Will be traveling with 2 - 23 yr. olds and 1 - 21 yr. old so trying to figure which is the best fit for us. Thanks for any help!

For your age group I would definitely go to Palm Beach. I recently stayed at Palm Beach with my 22 yo dd. Perfect location for that age group. Besides the usual beach activities, there is a sidewalk outside of the hotels with all sorts of bars and hangouts for that age group.

Sorry ......Have been very busy lately and haven't had a chance to check in. Both times that we have been to Amsterdam Manor.....we did not have to make advance reservations. We were able to use the palapas....had a beach boy bring us everything we wanted.....drinks were $$$, but food was reasonable. I much prefer Eagle Beach to Palm Beach because it is less crowded....you don't have to put up with all the gas fumes from all the motorized stuff. It is far more relaxing. I'll go there every time!

Thanks to all for the info on Amsterdam Manor-sounds great for the beach/palapas and even dinner on the beach at sunset. Question-do you leave items under the palapas when swimming? I get concerned about what to do with my cruise key card, cash, credit cards, etc. while in the water. Concerned about leaving them unattended, too. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Thanks to all for the info on Amsterdam Manor-sounds great for the beach/palapas and even dinner on the beach at sunset. Question-do you leave items under the palapas when swimming? I get concerned about what to do with my cruise key card, cash, credit cards, etc. while in the water. Concerned about leaving them unattended, too. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Purchase a water safe. It is a waterproof rectangle box that floats and you wear it around your neck. The ship sells them, or you can purchase one before you leave from a camping store such as EMS.

That price is A LOT less than what you will pay for chair and umbrella at Palm Beach.

I think we'll try Eagle Beach too.

As for the person looking for something to keep their valuable safe...the plastic containers sold on the ships and beach type stores, don't seem to last. Try going to a sporting goods store. They have some good alternatives that will keep everything safe and dry.

We've been to Eagle Beach opposite the Amsterdam Manor twice now. In fact last time was last Feb.

We've never heard of day passes. Both times we took the local bus from the port and arrived at the beach early. Bus is a good deal. Under $5. for the two of us return.

At the beach there was always someone in charge of the chairs and palapas. We just picked our location and paid the attendant.

All these chairs are within 100' of the bar which serves anything you wish. Both times we were there we've never seen anyone actually bringing food and drink to your chair. Maybe they do.

Just to clarify- Is the beach ACROSS the road from the Amsterdam Manor Hotel or is it right ON the beach??

Archived