$250.00 NCL Voucher Question

Starrgazer50

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if the $250.00 voucher can be used on all cabin deposits? If not, what are the rules?

I know that it is good for 4 years. I got mine on the Jan 2010 cruise.

Thanks for whatever information you can tell me or lead me to.

Barbara

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if the $250.00 voucher can be used on all cabin deposits? If not, what are the rules?

Barbara

If you read the back, item #5 says it may be used as the full deposit for all staterooms except Owner's Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas.

I was told by a PCC and my TA that they are no longer good for full deposit on suites of all types. Excluding of course minis. This is new as I was allowed to use one as full deposit on the AB that I had in May.

If you read the back, item #5 says it may be used as the full deposit for all staterooms except Owner's Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas.

Hi,

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Your voucher is only good for the Jan 24th, 2011 cruise on the JEWEL...:D:D:D

Margaret

Thanks..:)

I couldn't locate the voucher.

I knew I read something regarding this matter, but I was unsure.

I'm greatful that NCL has record of the voucher under my latitudes number.

I was told by a PCC and my TA that they are no longer good for full deposit on suites of all types. Excluding of course minis. This is new as I was allowed to use one as full deposit on the AB that I had in May.

If it's in writing on the document, I'm not sure that they can arbitrarily change the rules.... just fax them a copy of the reverse of the doc.

This isn't true.

When they were pushing them on the Dawn last week, they made a point of saying they were good for the full deposit on all types of cabins up to and including Penthouse Suites. Only Owners Suites, Garden Villas and Courtyard Villas were excluded. This is exactly as it has been in the immediate past.

By the way, we recently used one to book a Penthouse Suite.

Barbara you don't understand-Margaret is serious. We started our list for January 24th.

Are you with us??

Linda

Hi Linda,

Ooops..heheh.:o

Sorry, not this time.

I was going to cruise the Gem on January 11,2010, but I didnt want to do the same itinerary. I like to visit new place so I can keep collecting my souveniers.

I also just used the voucher towards my 50th B-Day 21 Day Europe cruise..I got alot of payments to make being that I booked a penthouse and will most likely be going solo unless I can get my sister-inlaw (OceanDream) to get over her fear of flying..maybe I can sedate her...hmmm. :rolleyes:

So anyway, no cruises for a while... Unless I hit the lotto!:D

Have a great time!

Barbara

This isn't true.

When they were pushing them on the Dawn last week, they made a point of saying they were good for the full deposit on all types of cabins up to and including Penthouse Suites. Only Owners Suites, Garden Villas and Courtyard Villas were excluded. This is exactly as it has been in the immediate past.

By the way, we recently used one to book a Penthouse Suite.

Yes, you are correct. I booked penthouse with the voucher today. Called NCL. They said changes were made and it is somewhat confusing. He told me to do a search under Freestyle Rewards and there I will find the rules.

Hi Linda,

Ooops..heheh.:o

Sorry, not this time.

I was going to cruise the Gem on January 11,2010, but I didnt want to do the same itinerary. I like to visit new place so I can keep collecting my souveniers.

I also just used the voucher towards my 50th B-Day 21 Day Europe cruise..I got alot of payments to make being that I booked a penthouse and will most likely be going solo unless I can get my sister-inlaw (OceanDream) to get over her fear of flying..maybe I can sedate her...hmmm. :rolleyes:

So anyway, no cruises for a while... Unless I hit the lotto!:D

Have a great time!

Barbara

You will be missed!! Europe will be much more fun especially celebrating a birthday. I'm not crazy about flying but I do fly once in a blue moon along with xanax and my favorite music buzzing in my ears.. Tell OceanDream a little xanax will help her to fly.

Hope you hit the lotto.

Linda

Some information listed above is incorrect...

I used my FCC to book a Courtyard Villa for the Jewel next year. No problems whatsoever!

Mine clearly says that it can only be used for a partial deposit on OS, CV, and GV.

Further, last week on the Dawn, the consultant confirmed that while hawking them.

Perhaps you bought yours at a time when that restriction was not in place. The FCCs have undergone several modifications in the time they have been available. For example, at one time they expired considerably earlier than the current date of four years from purchase.

I bought mine on our Jewel cruise October 30, 2009 and used it in March 2010 to hold our room. Does it matter that we were staying in a Courtyard when we bought it? That's the only thing that I could think of why it would be different.

Also, when I bought our FCC I was told that they can be used for any room. When I called our on-line TA to book for next year she said that it was no problem at all to hold our CY with a credit voucher and it is all confirmed on our booking confirmation.

Has anyone else tried to use a FCC for a CY?

Some information listed above is incorrect...

I used my FCC to book a Courtyard Villa for the Jewel next year. No problems whatsoever!

Two different things. Future Cruise Credits are given to compensate for something gone awry.

Cruise Reward Certificates are purchased for $250, and give $100 in OBC immediately.... and can then be used as $250 toward next cruise, and can be used as full deposit toward anything except Courtyard & above....and even then, can be used as partial deposit.

Archived