Help! We have been assigned second sitting!

Jo and Rob

We have been told by our TA that the first sitting is full on Costa which is a nightmare as we are travelling with our children (aged 8 and 6) who are used to eating at 5pm! There is no evening buffet as such, as the buffet serves pizza and pasta in the evening.

Advice please.

We have been told by our TA that the first sitting is full on Costa which is a nightmare as we are travelling with our children (aged 8 and 6) who are used to eating at 5pm! There is no evening buffet as such, as the buffet serves pizza and pasta in the evening.

Advice please.

Two possibilities: ask if you can be "waitlisted" for first seating. And as soon as you board the ship, head to the dining room, look for the Maitre'D (or whoever is "in charge"), and ask if you can be switched. Good luck!

That happened to us in January and my kids were 2 ands 4. AS soon as we got on the ship we went to the maitreD and asked to be moved. That night we ate at the buffet and the next morning a note was slipped under the door saying we had early seating and what are table # was. Worked out perfectly since we had a table for 4 right next to the window. Beautiful view every night! I do think they try and accomodate children. Hope it works out for you.

Two possibilities: ask if you can be "waitlisted" for first seating. And as soon as you board the ship, head to the dining room, look for the Maitre'D (or whoever is "in charge"), and ask if you can be switched. Good luck!

Don't panic!! :) I would do as this poster stated. It really is the only option. I would go for the waitlist and then talk to the Maitre'D as soon as you walk on the ship.

The same thing happened to us on our 3-day Disney cruise 2 years ago and we were unable to change. My 5-year old fell dead asleep EVERY NIGHT at the table. Even slept right through the "feeling hot, hot, hot" conga dance/show going on around him in the dining room. The pictures are pretty funny though and at least my husband and I had nice romantic dinners for 2!

• 3 weeks later...

We had the late seating on RCCL last December, my kids were 9&6 at the time and we managed just fine. Are there any other meal/buffet options for the kids other than the dining room? In our case, a couple times the kids wanted to go to the kids program instead of our late dinner time, so we fed them at the Windjammer earlier and dropped them off. Otherwise, we had snacks throughout the day and they were fine to wait til the late seating. The late seating was nice in that we didn't have to "rush" to get ready for dinner after a day in port, infact we'd head to the room at the usual "dinner time" and hang out, watch TV, nap, etc. We had 2 interconnecting rooms so it was perfect for that, they had their own "space" in which to keep busy. I was panicked about the late dinner time before we got on board but once we were there, I realized it was no big deal. Good luck.

Archived