What beach in St. Thomas

gilby

I vote for taking the ferry to St. John and hitting Cinnamon Bay...divine.

(just a note both Coki & Meaghan have been closed recently, temporarily, for issues. Violence @ Coki and environmental concerns @ Meaghan, I would check closer to your cruise to make sure they are open)

If you go to St. John's and just want a beautiful beach check on Honeymoon Beach. Great snorkeling and beautiful tropical beach without the crowds. No amenities though. We've been there a few times with no more than 1 or 2 other couples there. One of our favorite beaches.

I vote for taking the ferry to St. John and hitting Cinnamon Bay...divine.

(just a note both Coki & Meaghan have been closed recently, temporarily, for issues. Violence @ Coki and environmental concerns @ Meaghan, I would check closer to your cruise to make sure they are open)

Been to both Coki and Meghans and both are beautiful. Coki is a bit further and has fewer people but just as beautiful.

DaDivaMom, I did not hear anything about environment concerns at Meghan's. We are going to St Thomas in 2 weeks and had plans to go there. Is there a website you saw this on? If they are still closed, I will have to make different plans.

Last trip there we went to Secret Habour. Only one other family there, it was great. Loved it. Some of the crew members told us about this beach. That is where they like to go since not crowded. There is a bar and resturant there. Had snorkel equipment to rent. It was just beautiful.

Been to both Coki and Meghans and both are beautiful. Coki is a bit further and has fewer people but just as beautiful.

DaDivaMom, I did not hear anything about environment concerns at Meghan's. We are going to St Thomas in 2 weeks and had plans to go there. Is there a website you saw this on? If they are still closed, I will have to make different plans.

I also saw an article stating that Magens Bay Beach was closed due to excessive rains creating a breach in a dike(?) that held back swamp water from reaching the beach. They closed it because all of the sludge started to drain into water at the beach.

Unfortunately I don't remember the site I saw it on.

I think it was a St Thomas newspaper story.

Hi All,

Any iguanas at Sapphire Beach?

My wife is scared to death of the things...

Last time we were in St. Thomas we went to Megan's Bay. The beach was beautiful, but the giant lizards were EVERYWHERE!

I've never been to a beach on St. Thomas or St. John where there weren't iguanas. And even if you don't see them, they're there. Look up in the trees. But no worries. Pick a few red hibiscus flowers for your wife and if any iguanas come near just toss a hibiscus flower in the other direction and they will head toward it and away from you.

Hi All,

Any iguanas at Sapphire Beach?

My wife is scared to death of the things...

Last time we were in St. Thomas we went to Megan's Bay. The beach was beautiful, but the giant lizards were EVERYWHERE!

Yep, there's iguana's. I was sitting on the beach at Sapphire looking toward the water when my husband came out of the water and said "turn around". There was a giant iguana coming up right behind me (maybe 3 feet away) scared the you know what out of me, but my DH got a good laugh. It just looked at me and turned the other way and I never saw it again.

Just keep an eye out, they're pretty sneaky. ;)

Caneel Bay is another nice beach if you go to St. John. There are tons of huge starfish there. Since it's part of the resort we don't use their chairs but they have a cash bar and make GREAT drinks.

Also, if you go as far as Cinnamon you could go on a little farther to Waterlemon Cay. Another fabulous beach.

Other than the Westin I've never been to a bad beach on St. John. They're pretty much all gorgeous. :p

I loved Emerald Beach but we also docked at Crown Bay where I think Carnival docks at Havensight. If you dock at Havensight I'd go to Secret Harbour.

Secret Harbor is another great choice on St. Thomas. Cowpet Bay is also nice. Nice beach and good snorkeling.

Archived