? regarding good pricing deal?

Sailkeywest

I have no idea if it's ok to ask this as I have not seen this on the boards before, but my question is regarding an offer that I got from an online TA. Our 7-day Zuiderdam Alaskan cruise booked through HAL totals $4918.40 (2 persons, SC suite). The best offer that I can see that I have received is for $4448.80. Good deal or no? Thanks, as always, for any insight. :)

I have no idea if it's ok to ask this as I have not seen this on the boards before, but my question is regarding an offer that I got from an online TA. Our 7-day Zuiderdam Alaskan cruise booked through HAL totals $4918.40 (2 persons, SC suite). The best offer that I can see that I have received is for $4448.80. Good deal or no? Thanks, as always, for any insight. :)

I don't know if it's a good deal or not - the reason we are on the Nieuw Amsterdam for 20 days and paid close to that price for an SA with an on line TA. However, perhaps your time is in high demand or whatever, not sure.

Sad, but true, normally (and even HAL will tell you) there are better deals if you don't book with HAL. Some on line TA's grab a group of cabins and are willing to get less commission or give a guarantee to HAL they will be sold.

I disagree with the 10% category, however, it does depend on where you are going and how popular the itinerary is. We have found 20% and sometimes better and other times, if it is the cruise and the time you must have and very popular, not a lot of leeway. If you are a Mariner and don't require a set date, you might want to check out the Mariner deals. they are often very good. Then, HAL's prices are really good.

Nothing wrong with saving money. Just make sure that the payment goes to Holland America and not the TA. Protects you in case (call me paranoid).

Have a great cruise and enjoy your cruise. Suites rule :D:D:D

Does the lower price include taxes and fees??? If so, then sounds like a better deal to me.....

3 Years ago when we first booked directly with HAL we had a specified price, a couple weeks later I received an email from a on line cruise TA and the price was a couple hundred less per person. I called our HAL PCC and told her the on line TA's price and she got me the reduced price plus the OBC's.:)

Joanie

Archived