hotel in Miami

Kaydub

Go to http://www.lastminutetravel.com and seach for a hotel down-town and select 5-Star. You should see a hotel for around $84.00... It is the "Intercontinental Miami"... The way you will know if it is the Intercontinental Miami, is becasue if you click on "more info", you will see under the "LOCATION" section the following: Centrally located next to Bayside Market Place & Conveniently located in Biscayne Bay... Also, it will state that it has 34 floors... This is a 5-Star hotel that is one of Miami's best for only $84.00 plus tax. Can't beat it anywhere...

Go to www.lastminutetravel.com and seach for a hotel down-town and select 5-Star. You should see a hotel for around $84.00... It is the "Intercontinental Miami"... The way you will know if it is the Intercontinental Miami, is becasue if you click on "more info", you will see under the "LOCATION" section the following: Centrally located next to Bayside Market Place & Conveniently located in Biscayne Bay... Also, it will state that it has 34 floors... This is a 5-Star hotel that is one of Miami's best for only $84.00 plus tax. Can't beat it anywhere...

.....for Jan. 7, 2011 and nothing came up.

wasiii

We stayed at the nicely renovated Hampton Inn Miami Airport last year and it was great. There is a drug store and grocery store as well as restaurants right by the hotel - an easy walk. We took a shuttle to the pier and it worked out perfectly. The hotel has a free airport shuttle. It might not be what you are looking for, but it worked out for us.

I live in Miami and the Intercontinental Hotel is a good choice, walking distance to Bayside mall that has restaurants, stores, entertainment and actually you can see the EPIC docked from there too! The area is pretty safe too with lots of people traffic - well mainly tourists. Miami hotels are EXPENSIVE and the closer to the beach/water the more $$$ they become. I highly recommend going on www.tripadvisor.com for other suggestions. The new EPIC (really!) Hotel and Viceroy Hotel a little farther away are stunning and top rated but, again, more money. There are also a few Marriots around the area and the airport which are good safe bets. DO NOT STAY at a hotel called Rhodeway Inn near Miami International Airport - it is the epitome of a dump and that's being nice too! Please know, that hotel rate start climbing up beginning around late September and almost double in November, December and January.

We stayed at the nicely renovated Hampton Inn Miami Airport last year and it was great. There is a drug store and grocery store as well as restaurants right by the hotel - an easy walk. We took a shuttle to the pier and it worked out perfectly. The hotel has a free airport shuttle. It might not be what you are looking for, but it worked out for us.

Could you tell me which Hampton Inn that was? There appears to be two of them near the airport. Thank you

That info he provided was from another post on the Port board. I don't show anything either for Jan 7th which is the day I need also.

.....if either of us find anything out about a good hotel, let's post in the roll call.

:D

Bill

We took the advise on Lastminutetravel.com for Oct.1-2 and it came up just like he said. After taxes and charges, it was like $96 for Intercontinental Miami. The cheapest we found it on other sites was $246. Thanks for the help!!

We took the advise on Lastminutetravel.com for Oct.1-2 and it came up just like he said. After taxes and charges, it was like $96 for Intercontinental Miami. The cheapest we found it on other sites was $246. Thanks for the help!!

Same here.

Honestly, the BEST HOTEL in Miami, is very close to the port. They even have a package where they include a free taxi ride to the cruise port. It's called the Bon Voyage package:

Bon Voyage!

Before departing for your cruise, treat yourself with a stay at the Epic Hotel. This package is available for pre-cruise passengers departing out of Port of Miami.

Amenities include:

Accommodations in a premier room

Continental Breakfast for two at Area 31

Taxi Service to Port of Miami

It's ironically, the EPIC HOTEL by Kimpton. Kimpton hotels are always the top in service and comfort. This is a pricier hotel, but its worth every penny. check it out!

Honestly, the BEST HOTEL in Miami, is very close to the port. They even have a package where they include a free taxi ride to the cruise port. It's called the Bon Voyage package:

Bon Voyage!

Before departing for your cruise, treat yourself with a stay at the Epic Hotel. This package is available for pre-cruise passengers departing out of Port of Miami.

Amenities include:

Accommodations in a premier room

Continental Breakfast for two at Area 31

Taxi Service to Port of Miami

It's ironically, the EPIC HOTEL by Kimpton. Kimpton hotels are always the top in service and comfort. This is a pricier hotel, but its worth every penny. check it out!

Yes it is the best but comes in at around £250 for one night which is ridiculous money.

Go to www.lastminutetravel.com and seach for a hotel down-town and select 5-Star. You should see a hotel for around $84.00... It is the "Intercontinental Miami"... The way you will know if it is the Intercontinental Miami, is becasue if you click on "more info", you will see under the "LOCATION" section the following: Centrally located next to Bayside Market Place & Conveniently located in Biscayne Bay... Also, it will state that it has 34 floors... This is a 5-Star hotel that is one of Miami's best for only $84.00 plus tax. Can't beat it anywhere...

I have never used an on line discount booking site for a hotel before but decided to go with your advice. We did get a room at the Intercontinental for 83.00!! Thank you for sharing this info! :)

Question...we are flying into FLL but sailing from Miami. I usually try to use my Starwood points for hotels but all their properties are in FLL (Sheraton, Westin, W, 4 Points Sheraton)...can anyone tell me if it would be worth it to stay in one of these properties and then taxi to port...cost of taxi should be much less than paying for a hotel at port of Miami???

Thanks for any info you guys have...always used Priceline before but as said in previous posts, Jan in Miami is looking quite pricey!:cool:

Question...we are flying into FLL but sailing from Miami. I usually try to use my Starwood points for hotels but all their properties are in FLL (Sheraton, Westin, W, 4 Points Sheraton)...can anyone tell me if it would be worth it to stay in one of these properties and then taxi to port...cost of taxi should be much less than paying for a hotel at port of Miami???

Thanks for any info you guys have...always used Priceline before but as said in previous posts, Jan in Miami is looking quite pricey!:cool:

While January will probably be quite pricey, we have had very good luck using Priceline for other times of the year and a bid of $65 a night has usually gotten us the Downtown Hilton. One October we had to bid as much as $115 a night but got the Hyatt Regency Downtown Miami where the rack rate was considerably higher. If you can get the Intercontinental for less than $90 a night, I would jump at it,but failing that I would certainly try Priceline and bid for a three or four star hotel in the downtown area.:) There are several good hotels in the downtown area and frequently you can get a quality property near the Port of Miami for bargain price. If you can get one of those hotels for under $100 it will probably be a better deal than staying in Ft.Lauderdale and spending the extra money for taxi fare and a ride of thirty or more minutes to the ship.

Thank you, I am so excited. Just booked at the intercontinental for 2 nights prior and one after our cruise in December. Anyone know what restaurants or attractions near this area.

Thank you, I am so excited. Just booked at the intercontinental for 2 nights prior and one after our cruise in December. Anyone know what restaurants or attractions near this area.

From memory, as I have looked a bit since booking there for our October cruise, I think there is a mall or shopping area called Bayside nearby with okay food options. Hmmm... I think I'd like to find some good Cuban food though - now you have me thinking.

Archived