hotel in Miami

Kaydub

Thank you, I am so excited. Just booked at the intercontinental for 2 nights prior and one after our cruise in December. Anyone know what restaurants or attractions near this area.

If you like stone crabs then go to Monty's, its a bar and you can sit inside or outside looking over the water and eat some stone crabs, very good and cheaper then Joe's...of course its a bar but its kind of hard to mess up steaming crabs. We eat there every time we go down there

That info he provided was from another post on the Port board. I don't show anything either for Jan 7th which is the day I need also.

I think you are trying too early. We have stayed at the ICH 3 times and each time the rate was under $90. You can always reserve elsewhere and then keep checking and usually a month or 2 out you can find a good deal. (we have stayed at ICH twice in Nov (end of the month) and once in Jan.

We are going out in Feb next year so I will start looking in a few months. Good luck

thanks for the advice...now I have to decide if I want to wait a couple of months for Priceline or book something with points right now...choices with points are Hilton, Hyatt Regency, Marriott Biscayne Bay or Doubletree Grand...know we stayed at the Hyatt a few years ago (couple of times) and it was nice...I think they're all in the same area? Like to head over to Bayside to wander around...:rolleyes:

thanks for the advice...now I have to decide if I want to wait a couple of months for Priceline or book something with points right now...choices with points are Hilton, Hyatt Regency, Marriott Biscayne Bay or Doubletree Grand...know we stayed at the Hyatt a few years ago (couple of times) and it was nice...I think they're all in the same area? Like to head over to Bayside to wander around...:rolleyes:

Well if you got the points then thats the better price! If you can walk to Bayside then that makes it even better! We stayed at the hotel at the airport on our 1st time out of Miami...DON'T DO THAT! Then one time we stayed a few miles south of the port, nice area but not much around where we were, we like the Bayside area, lots to see and do

I almost always use Priceline (if I don't use Hilton points). I bid $75 on a 4 -star in downtown and got the Marriott Biscayne Bay. Probably could have gotten it cheaper but I didn't feel like bothering with the bid/re-bid process, just in case. I'm happy with the location and the price.

Go to www.lastminutetravel.com and seach for a hotel down-town and select 5-Star. You should see a hotel for around $84.00... It is the "Intercontinental Miami"... The way you will know if it is the Intercontinental Miami, is becasue if you click on "more info", you will see under the "LOCATION" section the following: Centrally located next to Bayside Market Place & Conveniently located in Biscayne Bay... Also, it will state that it has 34 floors... This is a 5-Star hotel that is one of Miami's best for only $84.00 plus tax. Can't beat it anywhere...

:pGot my son to try this , he was very impressed with the deal we got for the Intercontinenal Miami, thanks for the tip.:D

Go to www.lastminutetravel.com and seach for a hotel down-town and select 5-Star. You should see a hotel for around $84.00... It is the "Intercontinental Miami"... The way you will know if it is the Intercontinental Miami, is becasue if you click on "more info", you will see under the "LOCATION" section the following: Centrally located next to Bayside Market Place & Conveniently located in Biscayne Bay... Also, it will state that it has 34 floors... This is a 5-Star hotel that is one of Miami's best for only $84.00 plus tax. Can't beat it anywhere...

Thanks for the advice! I booked it for $85/night for my cruise in October.

• 2 weeks later...

we stayed in the hyatt regency miami, its where BA staff stay. was a quick taxi ride to bayside market place. we were due to stay inn the holiday inn port of miami but couldnt fit all 8 of us our travel agency. this is another excellent hotel choice and is a stone throw away from bayside market place

Hi . I just stayed at the Intercontinental last week, the grounds were beautiful, and a close walk to bayside mall. I booked it through Hotwire for $86.00. Then there was a $20.00 coupon in the "Entertainment Book", thats the book that gives you multiple discounts on food etc. Mailed the coupon it with my confirm & the Total cost for Intercontinental $66.00.

Just decided to make a decision and booked the Hyatt Regency as we've stayed there a couple of times in the past and it's convenient and affordable with out point program.

January, when we're going, is just so very very expensive (points or money!):eek:

I live in Miami and all of you have made excellent hotel choices! As I wrote earlier in this thread our "peak season" is our winter months (well we don't have winter here lol) - November-December-January is when hotel prices double to triple their rates due to all the "rich" snow birds coming down and spending their winter season here. I definitely recommend an online hotel bidding site for those dates. Bayside is an outdoor mall facing the water, very popular but its fun and the view at night of the water and lights is rather spectacular! Nearby downtown is a place called Brickell where all the top restaurants are. I am giving you all a couple of local websites (which I use) to find new local restaurants and activities:

http://www.yelp.com/miami

http://www.downtownmiami.com/Home

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this information!! We did exactly as you said and got it for 2 nights @ $84 per night. Also got the Hilton Harbor in FLL for the Sat. night after our cruise...for about $80.

Thanks again! :D

Hi . I just stayed at the Intercontinental last week, the grounds were beautiful, and a close walk to bayside mall. I booked it through Hotwire for $86.00. Then there was a $20.00 coupon in the "Entertainment Book", thats the book that gives you multiple discounts on food etc. Mailed the coupon it with my confirm & the Total cost for Intercontinental $66.00.

So happy to hear from someone who has booked this deal and then stayed there. The deal sounds almost too good to be true which always makes me nervous.

May I ask did you end up paying a lot for add-ons? I know breakfast and parking are pretty pricey there but I can avoid those. Any others?

"Then there was a $20.00 coupon in the "Entertainment Book", ... Mailed the coupon in with my confirm & the Total cost for Intercontinental $66.00."

I must have missed the ENTERTAINMENT BOOK. We have the hotel booked for Nov 5 @ $84. Would love to make it $64! Is the coupon book online?

"Then there was a $20.00 coupon in the "Entertainment Book", ... Mailed the coupon in with my confirm & the Total cost for Intercontinental $66.00."

I must have missed the ENTERTAINMENT BOOK. We have the hotel booked for Nov 5 @ $84. Would love to make it $64! Is the coupon book online?

The Entertainment Books are usually sold through schools and sports teams for fundraisers. You purchase the book for $25 and there are hundres of coupons from your local shops/restaurants, etc. They have several travel discounts also. Earlier this year my Walgreens was selling them. Back in the spring time. It's a great deal if you remember to use the coupons.

the coupons are usually good until the end of the year, then a new book will come out in January/February.

found their website: http://www.entertainment.com/discount/home.shtml

We are staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay in three weeks and I got a great price - $89 per night on the Marriott web site,(way back in the spring.) I've never stayed there, but the location and price couldn't be beat!

I live in Miami and the Intercontinental Hotel is a good choice, walking distance to Bayside mall that has restaurants, stores, entertainment and actually you can see the EPIC docked from there too! The area is pretty safe too with lots of people traffic - well mainly tourists. Miami hotels are EXPENSIVE and the closer to the beach/water the more $$$ they become. I highly recommend going on www.tripadvisor.com for other suggestions. The new EPIC (really!) Hotel and Viceroy Hotel a little farther away are stunning and top rated but, again, more money. There are also a few Marriots around the area and the airport which are good safe bets. DO NOT STAY at a hotel called Rhodeway Inn near Miami International Airport - it is the epitome of a dump and that's being nice too! Please know, that hotel rate start climbing up beginning around late September and almost double in November, December and January.

We also are staying at the Intercontinental. Is there a store close by that we can purchase water and pop at before we go on the cruise?

Any one else staying at the Intercontinental on Nov 5/10????

See u at the hotel Nov 5/10. Can hardly wait.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this information!! We did exactly as you said and got it for 2 nights @ $84 per night. Also got the Hilton Harbor in FLL for the Sat. night after our cruise...for about $80.

Thanks again! :D

Okay..just a heads up here...we just received our credit card statement with the charges for these hotels that we booked..through lastminutetravel.com.

There is an additional "foreign transaction charge' associated with each reservation. Called the credit card company - they said it was because the lastminutetravel.com 'home bank' is out of the US.:eek:

Didn't amount to much..think DH said it was less than 2% of total cost..

just to be aware.

Beetlebomb, there is a CVS pharmacy (which sells soda, water and wine too) located at 200 Biscayne Boulevard with phone number of 786-838-0316 right near the entrance of the Port of Miami. Your hotel is on Biscayne Boulevard too. Bayside mall is what we locals call a "tourist trap" lol because its really catered to tourists but its not that bad! Now on the back of it is a marina and the views are quite spectacular at night and when the sun is setting. Downtown Miami (downtown business district across Biscayne Blvd. and your hotel) is desolate on weekends and down right creepy at night - so I don't recommend going there at night at all!!!!

Fun things to do - this is when I play tourist in my backyard(LOL!) - take the "Duck Tours" on this amphibious vehicle that tours Miami Beach on land then goes into the water!!!! I think its $40 for adults now. Also "Thriller Miami" its a tour of Miami Beach on a high speed racing boat (goes super fast and takes some fast turns out to sea - be careful cameras will get wet and its $30 for adults) that actually almost goes right up to where the EPIC is docked and its A LOT of fun too!:cool:

Question...we are flying into FLL but sailing from Miami. I usually try to use my Starwood points for hotels but all their properties are in FLL (Sheraton, Westin, W, 4 Points Sheraton)...can anyone tell me if it would be worth it to stay in one of these properties and then taxi to port...cost of taxi should be much less than paying for a hotel at port of Miami???

Thanks for any info you guys have...always used Priceline before but as said in previous posts, Jan in Miami is looking quite pricey!:cool:

I try to avoid Miami whenever possible. Last time we cruise out of Miami, we stayed at the Hyatt Regency downtown. There were 3 or 4 men in the room next to us (connecting door) selling drugs all night. I though for sure we would be killed. If I have to cruise out of Miami, I stay in Fort Laudrdale and take a van to the Port of Miami.

Beetlebomb, there is a CVS pharmacy (which sells soda, water and wine too) located at 200 Biscayne Boulevard with phone number of 786-838-0316 right near the entrance of the Port of Miami. Your hotel is on Biscayne Boulevard too. Bayside mall is what we locals call a "tourist trap" lol because its really catered to tourists but its not that bad! Now on the back of it is a marina and the views are quite spectacular at night and when the sun is setting. Downtown Miami (downtown business district across Biscayne Blvd. and your hotel) is desolate on weekends and down right creepy at night - so I don't recommend going there at night at all!!!!

Fun things to do - this is when I play tourist in my backyard(LOL!) - take the "Duck Tours" on this amphibious vehicle that tours Miami Beach on land then goes into the water!!!! I think its $40 for adults now. Also "Thriller Miami" its a tour of Miami Beach on a high speed racing boat (goes super fast and takes some fast turns out to sea - be careful cameras will get wet and its $30 for adults) that actually almost goes right up to where the EPIC is docked and its A LOT of fun too!:cool:

Tks so much for the info? Is it far to walk to the Bayside Market? I was looking at a map and it looks like there is a park there. Can u cut thr the park? I don't walk all that good, that is the reason I am asking. Tks again for your help

Carol

Archived