How can I upgrade to a Suite on the Oasis?

Hello! We are cruising on Oasis on 9/4/10 and are very excited! We are interested in upgrading to a suite (from a B2 Balcony), and I have heard that this can be done at the port when you arrive. I am not referring to the Upgrade Fairy, I am referring to paying for the upgrade. Has anyone ever done this before? Is there a set/standard cost for the upgrade? I am wondering if it is worth waiting until we get to the port to do this and if that will save money, or if it will cost the same as if I upgraded now. We are Platinum members if that makes a difference. . . . . Any advise or direction would be great!!:)

Jamie

I think almost everyone will tell you that if you want to upgrade to a suite, you'd better do it now and pay for it. Your chances of getting an upgrade at the port is extremely small...they usually don't sail with empty cabins anymore.

If you're looking to save money and want to chance it, go ahead. But I'm thinking that someone said they no longer do port upgrades and you'd have to try on board and the chances of that are probably non existent.

There are some suites available now. Don't know which kind you want but there is a JS Guarantee for a great price. If it were me and I really wanted to upgrade to a suite, I would do it now and not wait till I got to the port. RC will make a big effort to fill those suites before your sail date. That's why if I wanted a suite, I would do it now. If you are a senior citizen, there are reduced JS rates there also.

I agree with the others posters here. Royal usually does their Diamond/Diamond + upgrades a few weeks before sailing I believe. Most of those suites will be given as upgrades opening up lower priced cabins for others to purchase.

If you really want a suite, book it now.

After 40+ cruises we have never been surprised with an upgrade. The only way we have gotten one is to just go ahead and book the category of cabin we want and can afford to pay for at that time. Looking forward to our first Royal Suite in February. It was got a great price so we grabbed it. Actually, my partner does not know that I have upgraded, a surprise for his birthday. ;)

Hello! We are cruising on Oasis on 9/4/10 and are very excited! We are interested in upgrading to a suite (from a B2 Balcony), and I have heard that this can be done at the port when you arrive. I am not referring to the Upgrade Fairy, I am referring to paying for the upgrade. Has anyone ever done this before? Is there a set/standard cost for the upgrade? I am wondering if it is worth waiting until we get to the port to do this and if that will save money, or if it will cost the same as if I upgraded now. We are Platinum members if that makes a difference. . . . . Any advise or direction would be great!!:)

Jamie

Jamie. Saw that you are on the Sept 4, 2010 Oasis cruise. We have gathering over on the Meet and Mingle board. Please stop by and introduce yourself. The M&M is up to over 80 guests, so the more the merrier.

As for upgrade. I looked over the weekend and there are 16 JS available and as others have posted, they haven't done the D+ upgrades yet. I'll be watching as the cruise gets closer. Yes, that guarantee rate that is available right now is pretty tempting.

Scott

Archived