D/D+ December Event AGAIN!!!!

That's not the same as the one I got in the mail today....snail mail. The one in the mail today has no mention of any cruise credit.

That flyer looks like one that went to TA's.

Is the one you got via snail mail like the website (after logging on)? The website one doesn't mention the extra credits either. But it gives little if any details.

Is the one you got via snail mail like the website (after logging on)? The website one doesn't mention the extra credits either. But it gives little if any details.

I can't find it on the website....:o Where do I look?

There really is no info on the flyer I got in the mail....just mentions being pampered, receive commemorative gifts, exclusive offers on future sailings. No details at all!

I just searched a little more....the flyer I have says visit online at royalcaribbean.com/diamond

Same wording online as on the flyer.....no real info. but, online it does list a bunch of cruise's all leaving in Dec....Not showing any that leave in the last few days of Nov.....:confused:

I can't find it on the website....:o Where do I look?

There really is no info on the flyer I got in the mail....just mentions being pampered, receive commemorative gifts, exclusive offers on future sailings. No details at all!

Log on to the RCI website. Then click on the Crown and Anchor tab (the one behind Shrek). When the page reloads, you will see part of the promotion at the top of the page. You can click on that, or farther down the page under latest news, click on the appropriate line. It should bring up the page I am talking about.

Is what you got similar to this?

Rather than call RCCL for info, can anyone explain to me the D benefit of the balcony upgrade. I cant believe they discount us $300 as that sometimes puts it below the price of an interior cabin! Azmo:confused:

Rather than call RCCL for info, can anyone explain to me the D benefit of the balcony upgrade. I cant believe they discount us $300 as that sometimes puts it below the price of an interior cabin! Azmo:confused:

While prices are sometimes close, it is unusual if the cost per person in an interior cabin is only $150 less than in a balcony cabin on a 10+ night cruise.

Book while you are onboard, or more than six months out, and that $300 increases to $325 and can be combined with $150 OBC!

Okay I am looking at the Mariner in Dec, int $499 Balcony $716 are they really going to discount it that much? Azmo

The Mariner cruise is a 7 day cruise, hence you would get a $200 discount ($100 per person) on the balcony for being Diamond. So the $716 would be $616 after discount.

Also, Mariner prices out on the west coast have been very low for a Voyager class ship. So you're not looking at a typical interior to balcony price spread. The low prices for Mariner are probably the reason it's leaving the west coast permanently in January.

Is this event for all cruises in December, even the ones booked prior to December, or just cruises booked after the notification of the event?

Hi Icycruiser,

No question is to silly, that's what these boards are for, to help each other out. I confirmed with C&A with regards to this questions because we booked our Allure of the Seas inaugural back in January and YES we will get TWO credits. Last year the same thing happened when we book the Oasis inaugural and we received our two credits with no problem at all.

Hope this helps and happy sailings.:)

:)

Just got off the phone with Crown & Anchor. She said that the Nov. 28 cruise to Labadee was included in the December Diamond celebration. She was reading from a list of cruises that RCI sent to them in an email.

I wonder if we'll get 4 credits for our Cruise?

1 extra credit for the Nov 28th sailing out of Bayonne, although it doesn't leave in DEC, we'll be traveling through Dec 10th

2 for it being a 12 nighter

and 1 more for being in a JS...

Anyone care to take a stab if we'll get 4 or should a email to RCCL be in order?

Thanks

Shane

I wonder if we'll get 4 credits for our Cruise?

1 extra credit for the Nov 28th sailing out of Bayonne, although it doesn't leave in DEC, we'll be traveling through Dec 10th

2 for it being a 12 nighter

and 1 more for being in a JS...

Anyone care to take a stab if we'll get 4 or should a email to RCCL be in order?

Thanks

Shane

I will go (not very far) out on a limb and tell you YES, you will get the extra cruise credit.

Why not? ;) It is stated that Diamonds cruising in December get "an extra cruise credit" for that cruise. It doesn't matter how many credits you are already getting.

You're not "getting" more than anyone else. You are getting ONE ADDITIONAL credit beyond whatever you would have been getting anyway.

I will go (not very far) out on a limb and tell you YES, you will get the extra cruise credit.

Why not? ;) It is stated that Diamonds cruising in December get "an extra cruise credit" for that cruise. It doesn't matter how many credits you are already getting.

You're not "getting" more than anyone else. You are getting ONE ADDITIONAL credit beyond whatever you would have been getting anyway.

Totally agree, 4 credits total:)

Two e-mails to C&A in the last three days re. the extra cruise credits in December and still no reply. I think they are still waiting for clarification from some higher muckidy muck in the organization. I called D+ desk last weekend and was told they had not been given any info about the program and that I should call back in a week or so. I think the flyer to the TAs was a mistake in the way it was worded and now they don't know how to get out of it. Just another guess on my part.

Two e-mails to C&A in the last three days re. the extra cruise credits in December and still no reply. I think they are still waiting for clarification from some higher muckidy muck in the organization. I called D+ desk last weekend and was told they had not been given any info about the program and that I should call back in a week or so. I think the flyer to the TAs was a mistake in the way it was worded and now they don't know how to get out of it. Just another guess on my part.

That would be my guess as well. We received the invitation yesterday and no mention of extra credits anywhere. I think if they were going to give extra credits it would be prominently displayed in the invitation. Just my thoughts though, and I hope I'm wrong.

That would be my guess as well. We received the invitation yesterday and no mention of extra credits anywhere. I think if they were going to give extra credits it would be prominently displayed in the invitation. Just my thoughts though, and I hope I'm wrong.

I also received an invitation yesterday by snail mail and noticed that there was no mention of an extra cruise credit.

The OP mentioned getting an email which mentioned the extra credit. Obviously, there's a discrepancy here. I guess I'll just wait until I get on my cruise to find out.

Here is part of the conversation:

Is there anything else I can do for you?

Shane: [13:18] Actually yes if you have time... I know that there is a Diamond Event in December and if you cruise in Dec you can earn an additional cruise credit according to travel agent flyer... Do I qualify for this since I'll be cruising in December, although I depart late November? Thanks

Deleated Name: [13:18] Let me check, I believe so.

[13:19] Yes, your sailing, the Explorer of the Seas, November 28, 2010, is the first sailing for the Explorer for the Diamonds in December promotion.

Shane: [13:20] And so even though I'm already booked, I'll still get an extra credit? so 4 total I guess? 2 for 12 nights, 1 for a suite and 1 for the Diamond event?

Deleated name: [13:21] That's correct, you should receive four credits total. There is no booking window to go by, you just have to sail in December.

Shane: [13:22] Great, Thanks

Deleated name: [13:22] My pleasure, anything else Shane?

Shane: [13:24] Nope.

Here is part of the conversation:

Is there anything else I can do for you?

Shane: [13:18] Actually yes if you have time... I know that there is a Diamond Event in December and if you cruise in Dec you can earn an additional cruise credit according to travel agent flyer... Do I qualify for this since I'll be cruising in December, although I depart late November? Thanks

Deleated Name: [13:18] Let me check, I believe so.

[13:19] Yes, your sailing, the Explorer of the Seas, November 28, 2010, is the first sailing for the Explorer for the Diamonds in December promotion.

Shane: [13:20] And so even though I'm already booked, I'll still get an extra credit? so 4 total I guess? 2 for 12 nights, 1 for a suite and 1 for the Diamond event?

Deleated name: [13:21] That's correct, you should receive four credits total. There is no booking window to go by, you just have to sail in December.

Shane: [13:22] Great, Thanks

Deleated name: [13:22] My pleasure, anything else Shane?

Shane: [13:24] Nope.

that is great news!!! I never have chatted with them on-line. What a great way to have things in writing about issues!!!

Archived