D/D+ December Event AGAIN!!!!

Nobody knows if that 50 # has any merit in the new enhansed robust program that will be announced sometime next year. I say "will" because too many hints have been coming out of RCI. A conversation with a D+ rep recently did more to verify than deny that a change is eminent. We'll see, maybe, maybe not.

DW and I cruise a lot in winter anyway and we were booked on a B2B Constellation in Nov/Dec. When we saw the possibilities of double cruise credits in Dec., we decided to cancel the second Connie (Dec 4 - Dec 11) and book four Radiance sailings, at a slightly lower price, to get to 50. 50 has several extra benefits under the current program which are worth going after - even if the program is not enhansed.

By the way, rumors over at =X= have their program adding a new level similar to D+. Got that from a LA earlier this year. Maybe they are all just having fun with us pax re these rumors????

Actually we sailed on Radiance last November 30th, and we did get the Diamond in December perks! :D

Did we? :confused: I was on your cruise and was Diamond, but the only thing I got was a metal pin. I thought I remember someone in our group asking and the answer was no. I certainly didn't get an extra credit, or anything else, that's for sure.

Here is a list of the ships with their last November cruise that will include December sail dates , and qualify for the Diamonds in December.

Are you sure these qualify? The e-mail you got back said departing in December.

Did we? :confused: I was on your cruise and was Diamond, but the only thing I got was a metal pin. I thought I remember someone in our group asking and the answer was no. I certainly didn't get an extra credit, or anything else, that's for sure.

Oh good, somebody else that was on the same cruise as we were and didn't get anything either.:D

Last year, they only gave the extra credit for the 1st 7 night cruise on the Oasis. The other stuff was the pens, pins, booking bonuses, etc.

Are you sure these qualify? The e-mail you got back said departing in December.

Unfortunately, I left them an out in my question. I did not specifically ask in the e-mail about the end of November cruises I listed. I should have put (including the ones departing in November that have December sailing dates) And since I left them wiggle room, their answer left the usual ambiguities. I was assured that the cruises listed for the end of November qualify for the benefits and extra credits.

These ships have cruises that start in December, and qualify.

SHIP….............Nights…...Start Date…......End Date

Allure….............4….......12/1/2010….....12/5/2010

Jewel…............10…......12/3/2010….....12/13/2010

Brilliance....…...12…......12/5/2010….....12/17/2010

.........P.S. I hope I got them all right.:)

In light of the subsequent email you received from C&A can we assume that the following Brilliance sail dates will qualify

17 December for 12 nights

29 December for 12 nights

Hey FO :D

The December 5th Allure Inaugural sailing will qualify for the extra credit. :D

What is concerning me is how on this flyer the Allure December 1st sailing is being called the Inaugural. If RCCL/CAS are calling it the Inaugural now what does that make the December 5th sailing? The second Inaugural :rolleyes:

Do those who are going on the December 5th sailing still get the Inaugural momentos ????

New news and pix on Allure has been very slow and Royal very tight lipped....rumor I heard is that Allure is yet again ahead of schedule....I wouldn't be all that surprised if you see another revenue sailing being thrown into the mix before the Dec 1st sailing making the Dec 5th possibly the 3rd revenue sailing.

Very true. Right now we need 6 to reach D+and already have 2 booked which could put us there in a couple of more years. Changing that number to 50, well that won't happen in my lifetime. That would change it from 6 more to 32 more needed YIKES:eek::mad:

I hope they would at least grandfather Diamond members in. :confused:

I hope they would at least grandfather Diamond members in. :confused:

I think you would be grandfathered in at your current Diamond status or do you mean that you think that they would grandfather those that are already Diamond in at the current level to reach D+ (24)? That would be nice. I guess no one will really know until and if they make an announcement.

New news and pix on Allure has been very slow and Royal very tight lipped....rumor I heard is that Allure is yet again ahead of schedule....I wouldn't be all that surprised if you see another revenue sailing being thrown into the mix before the Dec 1st sailing making the Dec 5th possibly the 3rd revenue sailing.

I had an email today with regards to the Inaugural etc.

December 1st is not the Inaugural...an error was made with the Flyer.

December 5th is the Inaugural.

Naming cruise details have still to be announced.

Those on the Dec 1st sailing of Allure will recieve gifts (just like on Oasis)

Those on the Dec 5th sailing of Allure will recieve more gifts etc (just like on Oasis Inaugural)

A memo is going/gone out to RCCL agents with regards to the wrong information they have been giving out about the Naming happening on the Inaugural.

Is it time to pack yet.:D

Just received this e-mail from RCI

Question...

On the recently announced Diamonds in December cruises for 2010, the promotion states an extra cruise credit will be earned for Diamond and Diamond Plus members that sail in December. Is this one extra credit per cruise that sails in December, or one extra credit in total? For example, if I cruise on 4 different cruises, will I earn 4 extra cruise credits? Or is it limited to one extra for the entire month regardless of the number of cruises taken in December?

Answer...

Crown & Anchor Society # 123456789 (changed to protect the innocent)

RE: Diamonds in December

Dear xxxx:

Thank you for your e-mail. An additional cruise credit will be accrued for each sailing that departs on or after December 1, 2010, until December 31, 2010. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact our office directly at 1-800-526-9723.

xxxx, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Samantha Scott

Crown & Anchor Society

That seems to rule out our Nov. 28 FOS cruise.

I understand the part about sailing in December, but correct me if I am wrong, last year no extra credit and the sailings were limited that you received the $300 credit on. Has this been mentioned? What sailings will be offered.

I understand the part about sailing in December, but correct me if I am wrong, last year no extra credit and the sailings were limited that you received the $300 credit on. Has this been mentioned? What sailings will be offered.

you are correct about last year. nothing has come forward about what exactly they are going to do this year, EXCEPT the extra credit

Here is a list of the ships with their last November cruise that will include December sail dates , and qualify for the Diamonds in December.

Enchantment…...9….......11/27/2010…...12/6/2010

Oasis…..............7….......11/27/2010…...12/4/2010

Radiance….........5….......11/27/2010…...12/2/2010

Rhapsody…........7….......11/27/2010…...12/4/2010

Splendour….......15…......11/27/2010…...12/12/2010

Adventure…......14…......11/28/2010…...12/12/2010

Explorer….........12…......11/28/2010…...12/10/2010

Freedom….........4….......11/28/2010…...12/2/2010

Grandeur….........7….......11/28/2010…...12/5/2010

Liberty …...........4….......11/28/2010…...12/2/2010

Mariner…...........7….......11/28/2010…...12/5/2010

Serenade…........7….......11/28/2010…...12/5/2010

Voyager…..........7….......11/28/2010…...12/5/2010

Independence…..11.…...11/29/2010…...12/10/2010

Legend…............4…......11/29/2010…...12/3/2010

Majesty…...........4…......11/29/2010…...12/3/2010

Monarch…..........4…......11/29/2010…...12/3/2010

Navigator…........5…......11/29/2010…...12/4/2010

Vision…............14…......11/30/2010…...12/14/2010

These ships have cruises that start in December, and qualify.

Allure….............4….......12/1/2010….....12/5/2010

Jewel…............10…......12/3/2010….....12/13/2010

Brilliance....…...12…......12/5/2010….....12/17/2010

These cruises start in November, have sail dates in December, but DO NOT qualify for the benefits

Jewel…............10…......11/22/2010….....12/3/2010

Brilliance....…...12…......11/23/2010….....12/5/2010

P.S. I hope I got them all right.:)

This list was just a way to help people choose cruises that departed in November, but overlapped into December. All the listed cruises (except the JOS and BOS below the red highlights) qualify for the benefits, including extra cruise credits.

All cruises departing in December also qualify.

Just received this e-mail from RCI

Question...

On the recently announced Diamonds in December cruises for 2010, the promotion states an extra cruise credit will be earned for Diamond and Diamond Plus members that sail in December. Is this one extra credit per cruise that sails in December, or one extra credit in total? For example, if I cruise on 4 different cruises, will I earn 4 extra cruise credits? Or is it limited to one extra for the entire month regardless of the number of cruises taken in December?

Answer...

Crown & Anchor Society # 123456789 (changed to protect the innocent)

RE: Diamonds in December

Dear xxxx:

Thank you for your e-mail. An additional cruise credit will be accrued for each sailing that departs on or after December 1, 2010, until December 31, 2010. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact our office directly at 1-800-526-9723.

xxxx, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Samantha Scott

Crown & Anchor Society

This e-mail was sent to help answer the question of whether there was a limit to the number of EXTRA cruise credits one could get during the promotion. The flyer stated just sailing in December got the benefits, even if the cruise started in November (except for the listed Jewel and Brilliance cruises.) Some asked if there was a limit to the number of extra cruises.

That seems to rule out our Nov. 28 FOS cruise.

The 12/28/2010 cruise has sailing days in December, and DOES qualify. The aforementioned e-mail was specifically to ask about the number of extra cruises one could earn during the promotion.

Using your cruise as an example, and assuming it is in a cabin category lower than a suite, you would earn 1 credit for the cruise, and an extra for the promotion. If you did a back to back and stayed on for the next cruise you would earn another credit for that cruise, and another for the promotion. This would total 4 for the two seven night cruises.

If someone took the Monarch on 11/28 for example, and cruised in a suite for that cruise, and for the additional 9 cruises in December they could earn a total of 30 credits. 10 for the cruise, 10 for the suites, and 10 for the promotion.

Boy that ought to rattle the days at sea vs. the # of cruises people.

I think you would be grandfathered in at your current Diamond status or do you mean that you think that they would grandfather those that are already Diamond in at the current level to reach D+ (24)? That would be nice. I guess no one will really know until and if they make an announcement.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I hope they allow those of us who are already Diamond to be grandfathered into the current D+ 24 credit requirement. I know I know but I can dream :rolleyes:

A very good point EVALUATOR.

Just do the math. I'll use Majesty as an example. For $10,000, total for a couple, you can do 10 qualifying cruises in/on December (36 nts), in an inside cabin, to get 20 cruise credits. Two seven day Owners' Suite sailings (say Freedom) will cost about the same and get only 6 cruise credits. Neither is right, neither is wrong, it's just the way it is! And just how important are those cruise credits. For some, more than their first born, others, not squat. It's their game and their rules, we, the pax, chose how to play it within those rules. Opps, too much preaching, sorry!

I'm just glad they have added something new to the playing field. Makes things more interesting, on many levels.

Last year, the Diamonds in December offer didn't include an extra cruise credit, except for the first sailings of the Oasis. :)

Alexis: We also sailed last year where our 14 day B2B cruises started the last days of November, (the 29th) and into December.

We also received the December gifts for both weeks as Diamond members.

EDIT: No extra cruise credits of any kind.

I was confirming what someone else had posted before me about no extra credits.

You know how rumors can spread on here. ;) :D

I'm just wondering does anyone know or think when RCI is going to post information about the D in D promo on their website? I usually book direct and the only information I have found is from TA's on CC. Does anyone think RCI may restrict this program to TA's only? Maybe the reason for the disclaimer on the bottom of the flyer?

I'm just wondering does anyone know or think when RCI is going to post information about the D in D promo on their website? I usually book direct and the only information I have found is from TA's on CC. Does anyone think RCI may restrict this program to TA's only? Maybe the reason for the disclaimer on the bottom of the flyer?

This is on the web site now (when logged in), when clicking on the Crown and Anchor tab, then latest news link, or the banner ad itself. I don't think it will matter how you book to be eligible.

did_hero.jpg

CAS_LTO_hdr_490x55.gif

s.gif

s.gif

During December, our Diamond and Diamond Plus members will be recognized and pampered by the entire Royal Caribbean® Crew. In addition, they will receive special commemorative gifts and exclusive offers on future sailings. If you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member, now is the perfect time to reserve a cruise vacation for December. Below you can find a wide variety of our December sailings. We look forward to welcoming you back onboard.

s.gifdid_dining.jpg

You're correct, any sailing last December qualified for the "Diamond Celebration Event", but that just meant receiving a pin to wear, a magnet and a pen to use. Of course if you booked one of their ships from within the qualified date range, then you would get additional discount like a $300 balcony or OBC.

The only ship and date that qualified for the "double" cruise credit was the Oasis inaugural cruise I believe.

We just got the flyer in the mail....:)

No mention of extra cruise credit......:(

Says......you'll be pampered, receive special commemorative gifts plus receive exclusive offers on future sailings.

Fine print does say.......rewards may vary by sailing and are subject to change without notice.

That's it folks......no info at all in the flyer.

Has anyone else received this email? Just curious.

Received it today but did not see too much value in it--Our mailer did not mention an extra cruise credit..

Hope it's juat a marketing tool to perk up Dec. bookings....Hope it does not mean they will be changing the req. for reaching Diamond !

We just got the flyer in the mail....:)

No mention of extra cruise credit......:(

Says......you'll be pampered, receive special commemorative gifts plus receive exclusive offers on future sailings.

Fine print does say.......rewards may vary by sailing and are subject to change without notice.

That's it folks......no info at all in the flyer.

Snail Mail or Email?

Archived