D/D+ December Event AGAIN!!!!

period and should get the extra credit?

Not sure why they would disqualify the Dec 3 JOS and Dec 5 BOS though - seems a bit unfair!

Sue

I don't think they're disqualifying those sailings, just the prior sailings.

Originally the December 5th sailing was billed by Royal as the "inaugural" sailing, while the December 1st sailing was to be the first revenue sailing, but not quite as "special" as the inaugural. I and many others booked the December 5th sailing for the "inaugural" experience, i.e. special events, mementos, etc. I'd be quite disappointed if they changed the official inaugural to December 1st without having told anyone. If that's the case, I'd rather save some money and book Allure or Oasis after they've been around awhile and just stick with Freedom or Liberty in the spring after the nursery installation. Much cheaper!:eek:

Last year, on the Oasis, the 4 night was called the Labadee Extravaganza, and the following 7 night was called the inaugural, with all the commemorative gifts.

I have complete faith in you.:D And what they told you is exactly how I interpreted the wording.

If all ships departed on December 1, you'd have one major traffic jam!:p

They did this same thing to us last November when we cruised on Radiance out of San Diego. Our cruise began on November 30th and ended on December 11 and we were not eligible for the event.:(

Were we on the same ship? :eek: I got the Diamonds in December event pin and magnet and booked a cruise while on board the overlapping Radiance cruise, getting double OBC for one of the promotional cruises. They did have the D in December fliers listing the eligible cruises but they ran out of them at one point.

Of course I also got little sandwiches for lunch in the CL. ;) LOL

Gina

Last year, on the Oasis, the 4 night was called the Labadee Extravaganza, and the following 7 night was called the inaugural, with all the commemorative gifts.

I'm hoping they do the same with Allure. I was just a bit concerned because OP's post states that the December 1st sailing is the inaugural. Hopefully that was either a typo or just poor wording.:cool:

According to the C&A D+ desk, they are not disqualifying the 12/3 and 12/5 cruises.

That is when those cruises qualify.

The 11/22 and 11/23 cruises on these two ships, even though they end on 12/3 and 12/5, and do indeed sail "in" December, don't qualify.

Clear as mud, right?:confused:

Hmmmm - it says "exceptions will be Jewel of the Seas begins December 3, 2010 and Brilliance of the Seas begins December 5, 2010". So clear as mud is right!! Unless I am reading it wrong - I presume this is a case of 10 people reading the same wording and coming up with 10 different explanations of it's meaning. A bit like when you ring RCI and get different answers. I am sure they do this deliberately so they can opt out as and when they want to!:(:confused:

Were we on the same ship? :eek: I got the Diamonds in December event pin and magnet and booked a cruise while on board the overlapping Radiance cruise, getting double OBC for one of the promotional cruises. They did have the D in December fliers listing the eligible cruises but they ran out of them at one point.

Of course I also got little sandwiches for lunch in the CL. ;) LOL

Gina

Yes, you were and we also got the magnet. But C&A told me prior to leaving that our cruise was not part of the Diamonds in December event because of when we started on November 30th. I left it at that and since we weren't planning on booking a cruise, I had no need to visit the LA. Glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of booking bonuses.

And yes, you did have little sandwiches for lunch in the CL........but you could have saved us a couple and not eaten them all yourself. ROFL LOL:D

Dirtgirl, at least you will be on the BEAUTIFUL Brilliance!

Why not? If they are going to "recognize and pamper our Diamond and Diamond Plus members across our entire fleet of 22 ships with our annual December Diamond Celebration" why wouldn't you get the extra credit?

"Diamond and Diamond Plus members will also receive one extra cruise credit when sailing on the month of December. Now is the perfect time to reserve your December cruise vacation. Don’t miss the celebration".

Where is your faith in either me or RCI.

According to highly, well ok usually, ok occasionally, ok sometimes reliable sources, 12/3 Jewel and 12/5 Brilliance cruises do qualify for all the December benefits listed.

The Jewel cruise that ends on 12/3 and the Brilliance cruise that ends on 12/5 do not qualify.

Someone else should live chat the desk and post the results for a second opinion.

I am confused now! LOL I'll find out prior to going. Whichever and whatever, I'm going to Egypt to see the pyramids! It's all good!

We have the =X= Constellation booked for a 14 day Southern Caribbean beginning on Dec.4 and we also have booked a B2B2B2B (14 days total) on Radiance OTS from Dec.6, 2010. The double cruise credits might be the deciding factor, soooo I called C&A. Quess what? They don't have a clue as to whether we will get the extra credit on the Radiance. I was told that a supervisor will be in the office tomorrow who might have the answer. The C&A rep has the e-mail - posted by the OP - inhand, but does not know if the extra cruise credit only applies to the Allure bookings in December (as it was last year for the Oasis) or any fleet bookings. At least she was honest enough to say that she (and the rest of the office personnel) didn't know how to interpert the e-mail.

Six credits from the Radiance will get us to 50, which could be important if things are a-changing in January!

We have the =X= Constellation booked for a 14 day Southern Caribbean beginning on Dec.4 and we also have booked a B2B2B2B (14 days total) on Radiance OTS from Dec.6, 2010. The double cruise credits might be the deciding factor, soooo I called C&A. Quess what? They don't have a clue as to whether we will get the extra credit on the Radiance. I was told that a supervisor will be in the office tomorrow who might have the answer. The C&A rep has the e-mail - posted by the OP - inhand, but does not know if the extra cruise credit only applies to the Allure bookings in December (as it was last year for the Oasis) or any fleet bookings. At least she was honest enough to say that she (and the rest of the office personnel) didn't know how to interpert the e-mail.

Six credits from the Radiance will get us to 50, which could be important if things are a-changing in January!

Its quite clear to me...all ships should qualify across the fleet.

This December, we will recognize and pamper our Diamond and Diamond Plus members across our entire fleet of 22 ships with our annual December Diamond Celebration.

Choose the Allure of the Seas® Inaugural Sailing on December 1st and enjoy:

• Special Events

• Maiden Voyage Souvenirs

• Collector Keepsakes

Or, sail on any of our ships throughout the month of December and receive:

• Exclusive Offers on Future Sailings

• Commemorative Gifts

• Special Recognition

Diamond and Diamond Plus members will also receive one extra cruise credit when sailing on the month of December. Now is the perfect time to reserve your December cruise vacation. Don’t miss the celebration.

Thumbs up or Thumbs down for Explorer of the Seas departing on November 28th and arriving back in Bayonne on December 10th? :confused:

Jimbo:)

The Explorer 11/28/2010 cruise WILL qualify for the Diamonds in December benefits.

All the cruise has to do is sail in December. It does not have to depart in December.

The exception is the Brilliance ( 11/23/2010-12/5/2010) and Jewel (11/22/2010-12/3/2010) cruises that start in November and end in December. These two cruises, although they do sail on days in December, do not qualify.

All other cruises that start in late November, as long as one of the days is in December qualify.

This info was per a 45 minute phone conversation with the C&A D+ desk this morning.

The exception is the Brilliance ( 11/23/2010-12/5/2010) and Jewel (11/22/2010-12/3/2010) cruises that start in November and end in December. These two cruises, although they do sail on days in December, do not qualify.

why not??

what is different about these two then Jimbo's 11/28 sailing on Explorer???

I have complete faith in you.:D And what they told you is exactly how I interpreted the wording.

If all ships departed on December 1, you'd have one major traffic jam!:p

They did this same thing to us last November when we cruised on Radiance out of San Diego. Our cruise began on November 30th and ended on December 11 and we were not eligible for the event.:(

Actually Patti, I was on that cruise with you. And we did get the perks for Diamond's in December. I booked this year's Mariner with a $300 obc and also booked Oasis with a $300 obc and reduced deposits on both. We also got commemorative diamond member pins, remember everyone was wearing them.

They also had signs when boarding the ship that said something like welcome Diamond's, special event. Or something like that.

why not??

what is different about these two then Jimbo's 11/28 sailing on Explorer???

They are listed on the flyer is the main thing that is different.

My guess is that the 2 that are listed are holiday cruises and the only two that are at sea both on Thanksgiving and on December1, but I have don noe research to confirm it.

copied from the flyer:

Diamond & Diamond Plus December Events are limited to the Diamond and/or Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor member named in this invitation.

I noticed it said it is limited to members named in invitation. Will all diamond and/or diamond+ receive invitations?

I noticed it said it is limited to members named in invitation. Will all diamond and/or diamond+ receive invitations?

The email was sent to all TA's and it said we should promote it to all of our Diamond and DP members, so it is for everyone.

This December, we will recognize and pamper our Crown & Anchor® Society Diamond and Diamond Plus members across our entire fleet of 22 ships with our Diamond Celebration Event. Be sure to promote this exclusive event to your Crown & Anchor Society Diamond and Diamond Plus clients so they don't miss out.

Actually Patti, I was on that cruise with you. And we did get the perks for Diamond's in December. I booked this year's Mariner with a $300 obc and also booked Oasis with a $300 obc and reduced deposits on both. We also got commemorative diamond member pins, remember everyone was wearing them.

They also had signs when boarding the ship that said something like welcome Diamond's, special event. Or something like that.

Does anyone remember if you had a choice of OBC of 300.00 or have it applied to your balcony discount, or because it was a "special" it was combinable. I don't remeber and I did book 2 cruises then.

I am told it was either or!

Does anyone remember if you had a choice of OBC of 300.00 or have it applied to your balcony discount, or because it was a "special" it was combinable. I don't remeber and I did book 2 cruises then.

I am told it was either or!

It was not combinable with the balcony discount.

The email was sent to all TA's and it said we should promote it to all of our Diamond and DP members, so it is for everyone.

This December, we will recognize and pamper our Crown & Anchor® Society Diamond and Diamond Plus members across our entire fleet of 22 ships with our Diamond Celebration Event. Be sure to promote this exclusive event to your Crown & Anchor Society Diamond and Diamond Plus clients so they don't miss out.

Thanks

Archived