Just stepped off the Adventure!!

Sorry for the delay in my responses - now back at home.

Also must mention that lobster was no longer available in the MDR. Our waiter told us that it was not a popular choice with the Spanish on the first couple of cruises and there was a lot of wastage and so it is no longer a choice. I was disappointed as I love lobster.

Karen

I hope this was just for the itinerary you were on and not the Southern Carib. one I will be on next Feb. because my hubby will be sooooo disappointed!!

• 2 weeks later...

I remember once on one of my cruises that a large group had a color theme for one of the formal nights...

I think its the group who chooses their dress, not RCL. There was no need for RCL to inform us...it wasn't our group...they probably had no idea.

The white colour coordination was for the white party by the pool at 11 pm after the formal night. You could dress for Formal night and then change into white for the pool party (which replaced the midnight/choc buffet) or wear a formal white outfit.

One of the leaflets describing the entertainment for the whole cruise had warned us - but I understood white/formal to mean 'white tie' and very formal (not that DH had packed such a thing). We certainly could have bought something white in Ajaccio.

I wonder if by early September the crowds of families may have reduced as Spanish holidays tend to be in August. The cruise might be in more of a 'wind down' mood - not a bad thing !!

The shows were timed to fit in with the Dining options - we were late dining so we could go early - but there were some nights when our show was at 11.15.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello there

We go on AOS 29th October 2010. We currently have chosen the late dining, but now I'm wondering whether this is not such a good choice if it is likely to be just full of Spanish folk and really too busy?

We were on Adventure a week ago. We chose MTD and used to eat around 8.30. However in the past we've usually chosen late dining but 9.30 would have been just too late for us. All the non-Spanish people we spoke to tended to be on main dining or MTD.

The shows and the welcome back parties fit in around these dining times, so the shows tended to be 9.45 and 11.30 and we missed both the welcome back parties as they were scheduled for 8.45-9.30.

Archived