Wow, checking in took forever! I started last night, but realized that

mjkacmom

I could only check in one cabin from my account (we have 3), so I called and was told to call today. I called, and was told I had to set up different accounts for each cabin. That, and having to input our emergency contact's name and number 9 times - ugh. Plus the site is so slow! I guess I have to make final payment this way as well.

If you used a ta we would have done all of the input for you

I have never yet had a ta who does the online check in for me. I've always had to do mine and my husband's myself even though our ta's have had all our information, including passport numbers and emergency numbers.

I have never yet had a ta who does the online check in for me. I've always had to do mine and my husband's myself even though our ta's have had all our information, including passport numbers and emergency numbers.

Our TA never offers to do this for us...:(

My TA gladly did the online checkin for our upcoming cruise. We just stopped in her office and she took care of everything. She called when the edocuments were ready and had everything in a packet for us (cruise info and tickets, airline reservations, insurance, hotel reservations). She will also do our online checkin for our flight to Seattle. She has been wonderful throughout our whole trip planning. I guess it depends on the agency you use. I will certainly make all my future trip plans with this TA.

I could only check in one cabin from my account (we have 3), so I called and was told to call today. I called, and was told I had to set up different accounts for each cabin. That, and having to input our emergency contact's name and number 9 times - ugh. Plus the site is so slow! I guess I have to make final payment this way as well.

you are right, it is a pain, but all lines do it the same. Each cabin and person has a profile, not like a hotel where they only have the names of those reserving the rooms. You can resereve 2 rooms at a hotel and not put in on the info. In fact you don't have to put in the info at all.

Nita

No true, I used a travel agent and I still had to go to NCL.com and input all the passport numbers/pertinent information for each of us.

That depends on the TA. Many will do it if you want. We give the option. I will add, most of our clients prefer to do it themselves. Otherwise they have to give us contact information, arrival and departure info and passport info. It is just as easy for them to do it. My boss says, visa versa, he does almost all of this for his clients. I guess it just depends. If you agent hasn't volunteered to do this for you, maybe you should ask her/him why?

Nita

That depends on the TA. Many will do it if you want. We give the option. I will add, most of our clients prefer to do it themselves. Otherwise they have to give us contact information, arrival and departure info and passport info. It is just as easy for them to do it. My boss says, visa versa, he does almost all of this for his clients. I guess it just depends. If you agent hasn't volunteered to do this for you, maybe you should ask her/him why?

Nita

That would require the TA to answer/call back which my TA hasn't done since getting our initial deposit. Its good to hear there are good TA's but this TA ruined using this type of service for me.

That would require the TA to answer/call back which my TA hasn't done since getting our initial deposit. Its good to hear there are good TA's but this TA ruined using this type of service for me.

think you may want to find a new TA. Don't judge all by one lousy one. I know some are not worth anything except to take an order. In fact many are that way. They are either very young and very inexperienced in both travel and customer service or they have one thing on their mind, (2 actually) make the sale, college a commission. I wonder if they realize the money is in repeat business, plus anyone who is in the travel business or any form of hospitality business to get rich needs to re-examine their choice. It is good job because it is normally a happy job, but it isn't goint to allow you to live in Beverly Hills.

Nita

Hi Nita

I do know all TA's aren't like this but to be honest I don't live where there are many small company TA's so I used a large company and have really gone through every channel to get them to put some effort into this but it hasn't happened. I would most likely use a local small town TA but the big company who says they can do so much for you dropped me like a hot potato as soon as they had my money. I actually timed my hold time when I returned a call to my TA and got her machine saying she was out of the office, I was on hold for 65 minutes waiting for another TA to help me make a payment LOL. Its all done now and I am excited to be going on my cruise but honestly I will do all my own booking from now on. I can't see how a TA would help unless like some people have said they have experience in the places you are going.

2 years ago I used a TA service provided through my auto protection and the guy messed up all my reservations. His supervisor fixed everything but it was a huge hassle. Maybe its me :eek:

No true, I used a travel agent and I still had to go to NCL.com and input all the passport numbers/pertinent information for each of us.

my experience as well! we always travel in 3 cabins (family of 6)... what a nice experience only havieng to do it once this time...

Hi Nita

I do know all TA's aren't like this but to be honest I don't live where there are many small company TA's so I used a large company and have really gone through every channel to get them to put some effort into this but it hasn't happened. I would most likely use a local small town TA but the big company who says they can do so much for you dropped me like a hot potato as soon as they had my money. I actually timed my hold time when I returned a call to my TA and got her machine saying she was out of the office, I was on hold for 65 minutes waiting for another TA to help me make a payment LOL. Its all done now and I am excited to be going on my cruise but honestly I will do all my own booking from now on. I can't see how a TA would help unless like some people have said they have experience in the places you are going.

2 years ago I used a TA service provided through my auto protection and the guy messed up all my reservations. His supervisor fixed everything but it was a huge hassle. Maybe its me :eek:

Let me guess: AAA, could that be right? I do not think we should or can push companies here. I understand, that is the way it should be. Too bad, there are a couple of national, pretty much home based good companies, but again we are not allowed to mention companies.

Good luck, regardless. I know there are lots of good NCL and other company direct agents as well.

Nita

Archived