Balcony Lounge Chairs

We stayed in a hump balcony state room on the Jewel and had two lounge chairs. It was wonderful taking naps. We are sailing on the Radiance in a Superior balcony stateroom. Are the balconies a bit larger? Can I request a lounge chair?

These are the usual balconies on the Radiance class Hump on Deck 7. It would depend on which Deck, cabin and balcony you have.

Below is a view of the Radiance class hump cabins. You can see the balconies are quite large on some of them.

With the elevators on one side of that class ship, there are not as many of the Hump cabins.

As you can see, the darker green ones are much bigger and you could probably have a lounge chair plus.

On the others, you get a small table and two chairs.

Look at your deck plan and see if your cabin has the larger balcony. ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=68676&d=1201541348

We stayed in a hump balcony state room on the Jewel and had two lounge chairs. It was wonderful taking naps. We are sailing on the Radiance in a Superior balcony stateroom. Are the balconies a bit larger? Can I request a lounge chair?

You can always request a lounge chair (or two) from your stateroom attendant. As long as it will fit the request is usually granted. We've never been refused.

The cabins don't seem to line up. I'm in 9576 which is supposed to be the first cabn on the hump on deck nine (with the larger balcony) ~ yet 7572 seems to line up below it in on deck 7. Any idea why??

I went and checked your cabin and I see what you meant. You still have a good size balcony there that should be able to fit a lounge chair plus.

That is still one of the bigger balconies on the Radiance hump. ;)

I went and checked your cabin and I see what you meant. You still have a good size balcony there that should be able to fit a lounge chair plus.

That is still one of the bigger balconies on the Radiance hump. ;)

Sorry, I wasn't clarifying .....

On the Jewel we were in a hump but on the Radiance we are in 9630 a Superior.

How much should I tip the attendant to help me with such a request? $10, $20?

The cabins don't seem to line up. I'm in 9576 which is supposed to be the first cabn on the hump on deck nine (with the larger balcony) ~ yet 7572 seems to line up below it in on deck 7. Any idea why??
I think you mean 7592. And the reason the last two numbers don't match is that they start at the front with 00 and go up by two for each exterior cabin. There are 8 cabins at the front of deck seven that aren't on deck nine - 6 large oceanview, 1 family oceanview, and 1 E3.

That's a personal decision. We gave our attendant $10.00 for two loungers on a seven day cruise and gave our attendant $20.00 on a 13 night transatlantic. Since the loungers greatly enhanced the enjoyment of our cruise we were more than happy to give a gratuity. We always tip when we make any special requests.

emilygrace is correct. You have a regular size balcony that is not big enough for a lounge chair.

There are only 2 chairs and a small table on those balconies.

I think you mean 7592. And the reason the last two numbers don't match is that they start at the front with 00 and go up by two for each exterior cabin. There are 8 cabins at the front of deck seven that aren't on deck nine - 6 large oceanview, 1 family oceanview, and 1 E3.

Mark & Alexis ~ yes, 7592 is what I meant. We'll be in 9576. Thanks for the explanation, hoping I'll be able to get 2 lounge chairs on it (or at least one). Definitely worth the extra tip. Is there much sun available ~ 5 of the 7 days we'll be heading north so we'll be on the east side?

Does anyone know whether a lounge chair (or two!) will fit on a JS balcony (nowhere near the hump)? We're going on the Mariner in a couple of weeks and would love to put our feet up!

Probably could squeeze one in there if you angle it sideways.

Hi cruisers: Does anyone know if 2 lounge chairs would fit in Hump Balcony 8618 on the Explorer? I sure could use them to elevate the swollen legs. Going 11/7/10 12 nights...Can't wait.

Thanks in advance.

emilygrace is correct. You have a regular size balcony that is not big enough for a lounge chair.

There are only 2 chairs and a small table on those balconies.

after hearing from another cruiser, I too requested a lounge chair on my balcony, yes it was a little crowded, but I didn't need the two chairs to be comfortable, just the lounger and it fit fine. I really enjoyed it!

Archived