Baths or Soggy dollar

eviledna

Hmmm dilema.....would love to see the baths but also want to sample the delights of the Soggy dollar.....both arent do-able in a day :(. Helpppppp!

I would not miss The Baths, very interesting and unusual.:D

You will have to come back and do the Soggy dollar excursion:cool:

I was on a land vacation on St John and was able to do both but wished I had more time at the Baths.

Well, I would say it depends. If you have limited time to do the baths then I would say go to Soggy Dollar, (and Ivans, and Foxy's) and then come back to the islands on a land vacation and do the baths at another time along with Tortola, and Anegada. You can never have too much time at the baths. If they give you a good bit of time at the baths then I would come back on a land vacation and do a day or two at Jost van dyke, a few days on tortola and a day or so on Anegada. Either way you get two great vacations out of it.

Eviledna,

I chose the Baths the first time I was in Tortola & was happy I did. Looking at the pictures of the giant boulders does not do that place justice. You have to experience walking through the boulders in the water and sand. Time was a bit of a factor going via cruise ship you are very limited. Leaving the Baths was the worst part. Wish I could have sayed longer. Hope that helps you choose.

Thanks for the replies peeps. A friend had told me to do the baths on our own (as opposed to a ship excursion) so maybe i should listen to her lol. I must admit i do love atmospheric places and the baths do look very appealing....again thanks :-D

We are going there for the first time in February and have chosen the Baths. For a first time/only time to the BVI it seems like the best choice. We are doing it on our own; haven't decided if we will do ferries or a catamaran. If we go back then we can see more of Tortola or JVD.

Thanks for the replies peeps. A friend had told me to do the baths on our own (as opposed to a ship excursion) so maybe i should listen to her lol. I must admit i do love atmospheric places and the baths do look very appealing....again thanks :-D

Hi Mandy

I spotted this thread last night while I looking for places for us to see while on the island. It sounds just like the sort of place we would enjoy seeing, I did a bit of research last night but need to do more. The part I'm not so sure on is the ferry part getting there, but it looks like a must do. DH thought it looked an interesting place to snorkel which is what he hopes to do on a few of the islands. But he was not sure on taking ferries and things on our own. worried we may not get back in time. So his thought was maybe do it as part of Princess excursions. Hence I want to do a bit more research first before deciding plus I may do better trying to convince him a trip of own is ok.

Julia

We are doing the Baths in November through Tortola Charters. This is the same company that does the NCL excursion to the Baths. By booking seperately the cos was $55 per person instead of $80 per person, the excursion is 45 minutes longer, and it includes drinks and snacks. Tortola Charters has several boats. He has a seperate boat for the excursions booked outside of the cruise ship.

We are doing the Baths in November through Tortola Charters. This is the same company that does the NCL excursion to the Baths. By booking seperately the cos was $55 per person instead of $80 per person, the excursion is 45 minutes longer, and it includes drinks and snacks. Tortola Charters has several boats. He has a seperate boat for the excursions booked outside of the cruise ship.

It was a few years ago. But I remember walking to a ferry dock (about a 10 minute walk) and picking up round trip tickets with transfers and spending time there on our own and having a good deal of time. Are people still doing it that way? Am I thinking of Speedy's Ferry?

It was a few years ago. But I remember walking to a ferry dock (about a 10 minute walk) and picking up round trip tickets with transfers and spending time there on our own and having a good deal of time. Are people still doing it that way? Am I thinking of Speedy's Ferry?

We are looking at Tortola Charters because we really enjoy snorkeling. This tour moors in the baths and you get to snorkel in. The cost is about $10 more than taking the ferry and cab ride to the baths but it includes snorkelong gear and drinks and snacks.

Thanks for the info!! We just booked a charter through Tortola Charters for when we arrive at that port. I figured we wouldn't have to spend as much as we would have through a cruise excursion!! They also schedule around the cruise ships time frame which is a big plus! Again....ty for the info

• 1 month later...

Been on seven cruises. The day we spent at the Soggy Dollar

was the single best excursion and memory we have. GO TO THE

DOLLAR........The way I look at it..If it's good enough for Jimmy Buffett, Keith Richards, and Kenny Chesney, with all of their resources....it was good enough for me....and that logic was right. Take a bath when you go home...

Kidding , of course, but I don't think you'll regret the choice. The water

taxi ride alone is worth the price of the excursion

Archived