Anything GAYtacular about the EPIC

re: What the OP wants...attention....wow you are all little too serious and way to disingenuous.

** Travel Fact - 15% of thee market is GLB - we are a,massive group and we deserve to now what is what...and we have very discerning tastes, also. (in most cases).....

*** When you go on a camping trip.....do you NOT want to know the gay friendly sites, or in a town where is the best B & B gay-friendky accommodation, or are there any festivles going on....

SO W T Frank, is wrong in asking if this ship....has any G A Y based attraction or offerings. No need to psychological canalize me, I know who I am...and although I am NOT a major cruise....I also do NOT find that hanging with 4,069 gay men all in place - ala the Atlantis....scene...is all that comfortable also.

Smilpe. So, if anyone has any great information it would be taken in consideration. If not....you know where the door is....

Your question was answered in post #3 & #4. Don't lump me in with your 15%....or my partner. We don't need to be catered-to in any special way.

Why would they 'gay-ify' the ship? An individual's sexuality is nobody's business but their own, unless they choose to share it. The Epic, like every other cruise ship afloat, is designed for PEOPLE. Not gay people, not straight people, not bi people, not green people, not polkadot people; just PEOPLE.

Exactly what is it you think would be 'gay-riffic'? Are there some stereotypically 'gay' activities that you think should be available? Personally I hate stereotypes and if someone suggested to me that there were 'female activities' for me to participate in, I'd probably run the other way.

I'm starting to get the feeling that you aren't actually gay and think you're funny. Of all the 'otherwise oriented' people I've ever known in my life, I can't think of one that would make posts like yours. If you are what you claim to be, however, you've received as much information as you're going to get about gay-oriented activities on board. You could also check out the GLBT forum and start a 'gay-riffic' roll call for your sailing if you want to try to find others who will be sailing with you that might want to participate in some sort of 'gay-ified' fun. :cool:

It's amazing isn't it.

If you use stereotypes for homosexuals you are accused of being homophobic yet here we have some homosexuals wanting the Epic "gayed up"

It's amazing isn't it.

If you use stereotypes for homosexuals you are accused of being homophobic yet here we have some homosexuals wanting the Epic "gayed up"

I'm not sure what you're getting at here, but there are at least two gay couples on this thread who are both saying to OP that there's no need to change the tone of the ship.

I'm curious about what "we have SOME homosexuals....". I've only seen ONE, and I'm not sure that person is gay. There's something very odd about their behavior, as was noted in post #16

In the meantime, here's an interesting perspective on Stereotypes:

http://verydemotivational.com/2010/08/06/demotivational-posters-stereotypes/

Stephen

I'm not sure what you're getting at here, but there are at least two gay couples on this thread who are both saying to OP that there's no need to change the tone of the ship.

I'm curious about what "we have SOME homosexuals....". I've only seen ONE, and I'm not sure that person is gay. There's something very odd about their behavior, as was noted in post #16

In the meantime, here's an interesting perspective on Stereotypes:

http://verydemotivational.com/2010/08/06/demotivational-posters-stereotypes/

Stephen

He suggests that the ship needs "Gay-i-fying" what ever the hell that means.

He suggests that the ship needs "Gay-i-fying" what ever the hell that means.

Frankly, I think he's a straight guy trying to cause trouble.

I don't know what it means, either.

Just ignore him. :cool:

Frankly, I think he's a straight guy trying to cause trouble.

I don't know what it means, either.

Just ignore him. :cool:

Do you ?

I'll trust your judgement but seems a bizzare thing to do if he is doing it for the sake of trolling the board.

Actually I think this poster wants this:

-Madonna and Tina Turner impersonators done by drag queens (sorry that's old news almost every drag queen has done them! LOL)

-Elvis, done by a very butchy lesbian (seen it before LOL!!!)

-Sing-along Broadway shows and piano bars done to show tunes

-The Cirque show all done by muscle boys in thongs

- A gay only section on the ship

- Rainbow flags all over

- No waitresses, just waiters in tiny shorts with attitude

Ok, I think I covered everything and every stereotypical gay request(meanwhile I am laughing my a** off writing this!!!):p:D:rolleyes::cool:

As a gay couple we love cruising for the fact that we get to meet lots of people from different backgrounds and from all over the world. To keep ourselves to one demogaphic would be borring. But each to there own variety is the spice of life.

We love travelling and Gay focused nightlife does not feature in our decision making. We did attend the FOD gathering on our last cruise for the first time and had great fun due to the people we met.

I'm sure if they have the gathering on Epic we will show our face again.

Anyone who has previously been on Epic do you know what bar the FOD gathering is held in?

This trip feels so far away hope the next few months fly by

Actually I think this poster wants this:

-Madonna and Tina Turner impersonators done by drag queens (sorry that's old news almost every drag queen has done them! LOL)

-Elvis, done by a very butchy lesbian (seen it before LOL!!!)

-Sing-along Broadway shows and piano bars done to show tunes

-The Cirque show all done by muscle boys in thongs

- A gay only section on the ship

- Rainbow flags all over

- No waitresses, just waiters in tiny shorts with attitude

Ok, I think I covered everything and every stereotypical gay request(meanwhile I am laughing my a** off writing this!!!):p:D:rolleyes::cool:

Um, lets not forget a plethora of big, gay, pink boas attached to the bow and stern!!!

~Intrepid <-- Queen of the Desert

re: What the OP wants...attention....wow you are all little too serious and way to disingenuous.

** Travel Fact - 15% of thee market is GLB - we are a,massive group and we deserve to now what is what...and we have very discerning tastes, also. (in most cases).....

*** When you go on a camping trip.....do you NOT want to know the gay friendly sites, or in a town where is the best B & B gay-friendky accommodation, or are there any festivles going on....

SO W T Frank, is wrong in asking if this ship....has any G A Y based attraction or offerings. No need to psychological canalize me, I know who I am...and although I am NOT a major cruise....I also do NOT find that hanging with 4,069 gay men all in place - ala the Atlantis....scene...is all that comfortable also.

Smilpe. So, if anyone has any great information it would be taken in consideration. If not....you know where the door is....

Speaking of "disingenuous", afraid your posts on this thread absolutely reeks of it. Your initial question has been answered and you have now stepped into the pot stirring side of things. NO. Aside from the scheduled "Friends of Dorothy" meet/greets, there is nothing specifically gay onboard the Epic or any other ship for that matter.

Why in God's name should there be anyway? FYI, the latest stats are that 10% of the population (not the 15% you state) are gay. Yes. True. But why should NCL or any other company coddle and hand hold anyone? As a gay man and half of a couple, I'll say that is patently ridiculous. They solicit business from and for everyone, of all races, sexes, ages, orientations, etc... NO they shouldn't pick one group and cater to them.

When I travel, I do look at gay owned/operated hotels, restaurants, etc... but not exclusively. To do so stinks of separatism, which leads "-isms" of all kinds, which I despise on every level. Your posts are dangerously close to being, dare I say it, heterophobic. Were a "gaytastic" cruise so important, then I will repeat once again and tell you to look at RSVP or Atlantis. If you don't what they are, Google is your friend.

It's amazing isn't it.

This thread has nothing to do with stereotypes so I have no idea why you would say something like that.

Interesting.....moving forward here are a few things:

* I came on here because when you go o most ships all they ever do is let a group post a 'freinds of dorothy' meeting...and that practically is it. They have meet and greets for cc boards, for solos or singles, 1st time cruisers, honeymooners... but nothing ever planned for us. I always have too look for some board and if some STR8 guy or whomever removed the darn posting for meeting or location, I have no clue where to go.

** I was trying to save myself the aggravation.....with the anticipation they might be doing something SWEET, Spectacular or YES EPIC for us.

*** Go figure....with a um CIRQUE SHOW ON...how about a meet greet with the cast...or...1 darn cocktail or martini or champagne gathering-night-event...or maybe nothing...right....lets never advance, imagine we never asked for marriages...we would be stuck where we are, or if we never said....stop gay-bashing us or beating us up - that is a hate crime...ok.

So. stay on track...gay bi or transgaybi men...do NOT typically make up post for their amusement. I wanted to assistance...and insight. That is all. At this point - the bonus would of been if there were any of the travelers, yes Gay or bi-men our my cruise date, ship and voyage - if that is the case...lets chat ourselves.

Merci..

* I came on here because when you go o most ships all they ever do is let a group post a 'freinds of dorothy' meeting...and that practically is it. They have meet and greets for cc boards, for solos or singles, 1st time cruisers, honeymooners... but nothing ever planned for us. I always have too look for some board and if some STR8 guy or whomever removed the darn posting for meeting or location, I have no clue where to go.

** I was trying to save myself the aggravation.....with the anticipation they might be doing something SWEET, Spectacular or YES EPIC for us.

*** Go figure....with a um CIRQUE SHOW ON...how about a meet greet with the cast...or...1 darn cocktail or martini or champagne gathering-night-event...or maybe nothing...right....lets never advance, imagine we never asked for marriages...we would be stuck where we are, or if we never said....stop gay-bashing us or beating us up - that is a hate crime...ok.

So. stay on track...gay bi or transgaybi men...do NOT typically make up post for their amusement. I wanted to assistance...and insight. That is all. At this point - the bonus would of been if there were any of the travelers, yes Gay or bi-men our my cruise date, ship and voyage - if that is the case...lets chat ourselves.

Merci..

Take your own advice and stay on track. Yes, they have meet/greets for singles, for repeat cruisers, honeymooners. And YES, they have a meet/greet for GLBT called Friends of Dorothy. Again, your question has been answered.

Clearly you are of the mind that because you are gay, you are entitled to more or better treatment. You don't and NCL won't, nor should they.

To equate the lack of special treatment by NCL to the GLBT community with unequal marriage rights, gay bashing and hate crimes diminishes the real problems that we as gay men and women face. That, quite honestly, is disgusting.

Still don't see your reasons.

It's a mainstream cruise line. They do have a F.O.D meeting in the evening in Bliss which I'll probably go to but then why should they do anything specific?

You can meet fellow like-minded folk and arrange something then.

As others have said Atlantis etc.. sounds more to your liking.

As a solo traveller as well I get on with anyone broadminded, young, old, single, couple, white, black, straight, gay...

Anyway should stop feeding the troll as I have never met a gay person like the OP!

As a gay couple we love cruising for the fact that we get to meet lots of people from different backgrounds and from all over the world. To keep ourselves to one demogaphic would be borring. But each to there own variety is the spice of life.

We love travelling and Gay focused nightlife does not feature in our decision making. We did attend the FOD gathering on our last cruise for the first time and had great fun due to the people we met.

I'm sure if they have the gathering on Epic we will show our face again.

Anyone who has previously been on Epic do you know what bar the FOD gathering is held in?

This trip feels so far away hope the next few months fly by

Merci..

Take your own advice and stay on track. Yes, they have meet/greets for singles, for repeat cruisers, honeymooners. And YES, they have a meet/greet for GLBT called Friends of Dorothy. Again, your question has been answered.

Clearly you are of the mind that because you are gay, you are entitled to more or better treatment. You don't and NCL won't, nor should they.

To equate the lack of special treatment by NCL to the GLBT community with unequal marriage rights, gay bashing and hate crimes diminishes the real problems that we as gay men and women face. That, quite honestly, is disgusting.

Okay.... NCL is not like RCCL.

It's not up to one person to write something on a board in the Atrium.

You don't have to go there, to find it.

on NCL, on every ship, and for at least 7 years, the Friends of Dorothy meetings have been posted in the Freestyle Daily.

Time & Place.

They don't do anything beyond this, but there's no need to.

I don't know why you think the Cirque show has anything to do with being gay? I think the performers there were all straight, anyway (not that it would matter either way....they're people doing their jobs. If they want to socialize later, that's up to them)

Free drinks? for being gay? I don't think so. The FoD is usually in a bar, so you're welcome to indulge...on your own dime.

And me....I'm married. legally. 7 years.....plus the 10 years together, before that. 17 years total.....and I've never felt the LEAST bit uncomfortable on NCL.

Now Princess....Princess sent a somewhat effeminate guy named Charlie to "host" the meetings....Charlie brought a bottle of cheap champagne and gave everyone a glass.

He was gregarious and funny, but....he was straight. I mean....seriously.... there are so many gay guys who work on cruise ships...and they sent a straight guy EVERY DAY to the FoD M & G.

THAT was mis-reading the audience. I don't think anyone was impressed.

NCL: Please just continue providing a venue, and we'll all take care of ourselves...Thank you.

If you would like to do your own Meet and Greet contact NCL.

For example,many people that have started talking on roll calls or on FB pages dedicated to a particular sailing have requested a meet and greet and have contacted NCL to do so. So if you would like a "special " or "specific" M&G set one up yourself.

I know for my particular sailing we have a M&G set up for our roll call& fb page...not because NCL offered it to any of us or is giving us anything for free..it was bcs we had someone work to set it up.

If you would like to do your own Meet and Greet contact NCL.

For example,many people that have started talking on roll calls or on FB pages dedicated to a particular sailing have requested a meet and greet and have contacted NCL to do so. So if you would like a "special " or "specific" M&G set one up yourself.

I know for my particular sailing we have a M&G set up for our roll call& fb page...not because NCL offered it to any of us or is giving us anything for free..it was bcs we had someone work to set it up.

You can't just set up random Meet & Greets. NCL has a longstanding history (since the first sailing of the Star (per Klaus, during his video-interview with Carolyn Spencer-Brown) of greeting Cruise Critic members.

This doesn't mean any random group of people will get the same treatment. This is something they do for CC, it's done once per cruise.

The 'work' to set up a basic M & G is to email the ship's event coordinator and tell them how many people you have. THey email back with when & where.

:)

SJBD...

Thanks for the info. about setting up CC M&G. I would like to do that for our 12/4 sailing. We have quite an active board over on the roll call.

I couldn't find how to e-mail the event coordinator on Epic. I'm probably missing it!

Can you tell me how I go about contacting the event coordinator and setting up our meet & greet.

Thanks, Hobie.

Okay.... NCL is not like RCCL.

It's not up to one person to write something on a board in the Atrium.

You don't have to go there, to find it.

on NCL, on every ship, and for at least 7 years, the Friends of Dorothy meetings have been posted in the Freestyle Daily.

Time & Place.

They don't do anything beyond this, but there's no need to.

I don't know why you think the Cirque show has anything to do with being gay? I think the performers there were all straight, anyway (not that it would matter either way....they're people doing their jobs. If they want to socialize later, that's up to them)

Free drinks? for being gay? I don't think so. The FoD is usually in a bar, so you're welcome to indulge...on your own dime.

And me....I'm married. legally. 7 years.....plus the 10 years together, before that. 17 years total.....and I've never felt the LEAST bit uncomfortable on NCL.

Now Princess....Princess sent a somewhat effeminate guy named Charlie to "host" the meetings....Charlie brought a bottle of cheap champagne and gave everyone a glass.

He was gregarious and funny, but....he was straight. I mean....seriously.... there are so many gay guys who work on cruise ships...and they sent a straight guy EVERY DAY to the FoD M & G.

THAT was mis-reading the audience. I don't think anyone was impressed.

NCL: Please just continue providing a venue, and we'll all take care of ourselves...Thank you.

I still dont understand why the Gay passengers feel they need a special meeting to meet up with other gay passengers.

Can they not just integrate with other passengers in the same way as the straight passengers do ?

I still dont understand why the Gay passengers feel they need a special meeting to meet up with other gay passengers.

Can they not just integrate with other passengers in the same way as the straight passengers do ?

We don't feel we need a special meeting, but the cruiseline is gracious enough to provide one, so we attend.

As for why? Support. Until there's no such thing as gay-bashing, or discrimination, or any other type of differential treatment, it's somewhat comforting to know you're not alone on the ship.

I mean....why do people who belong to CC feel they deserve a special meeting? Can't they just integrate with other passengers in the same way that non-registered people do?

We don't feel we need a special meeting, but the cruiseline is gracious enough to provide one, so we attend.

As for why? Support. Until there's no such thing as gay-bashing, or discrimination, or any other type of differential treatment, it's somewhat comforting to know you're not alone on the ship.

I mean....why do people who belong to CC feel they deserve a special meeting? Can't they just integrate with other passengers in the same way that non-registered people do?

Yep I don't get that either

"Hey come and join our roll call and meet and mingle" !!!

"Why" ?

"errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm"

Archived