Anything GAYtacular about the EPIC

I was on the Epic in July. I met so many great people, many that I've remained in contact with. I met many other gay travelers through out the cruise. I saw many men dancing together at Bliss and Spice. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make sure everyone had a nice time.

I'm not sure what type of gay activites they would have. I enjoyed meeting all types of people and I'm glad I did not limit myself to a "gay cruise". I met many straight couples and singles that I became good friends with over the week as well as many gay couples and singles. I think interacting with all types of people only helps the gay community. I became very close with a widow who said she had never known a gay person before. Two months later and we still talk several times a week.

NCL made the Epic for everyone. Just go and make it the best week you can. Looking back it was one of the best weeks of my life.

We don't feel we need a special meeting, but the cruiseline is gracious enough to provide one, so we attend.

As for why? Support. Until there's no such thing as gay-bashing, or discrimination, or any other type of differential treatment, it's somewhat comforting to know you're not alone on the ship.

I mean....why do people who belong to CC feel they deserve a special meeting? Can't they just integrate with other passengers in the same way that non-registered people do?

Well said! Meetings are held for people who may feel like a minority on the ship- be it gay, single, alcoholic, even kids get a meet and greet.

It is a comfort when you are in a new location, and people are greatful that these meetings are held. But they are to meet people, not segregate yourself.

UK_Cruiser

Happy belated bday, how have you been, what is new, how was your epic-vacation, did you attend ANY FOD gatherings...and whats yoru take on the scene....etc....merci mon amie.

It's my distinct impression that UK-Cruiser would not be attending any FOD meetings, as they would not be applicable to him.

And it would be 'ami', not amie. And he's from the UK, not France.

:cool:

* I came on here because when you go o most ships all they ever do is let a group post a 'freinds of dorothy' meeting...and that practically is it. They have meet and greets for cc boards including gay, straight and bi cruise critics, for solos or singles including gay, straight and bi solos and singles, 1st time cruisers including gay, straight and bi first time cruisers , honeymooners, including gay, straight and bi honeymooners .. but nothing ever planned for us other than the FOD meets . I always have too look for some board and if some STR8 guy or whomever removed the darn posting for meeting or location, I have no clue where to go - there appears to be several FOD meet ups, according to the dailies, but only one cruise critic meet and greet per cruise.

There's plenty for everyone to do on the Epic, regardless of one's sexual orientation. I'm a single and solo cruiser but that doesn't mean that I'm only going to hang out with other singles and solos or just other Brits. I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new people and I don't give a flying fig if they're gay, straight, bi, honeymooners, young, old, first time cruisers, cruise critics, or even Klingons!

Oh boy, this is a doozy of a thread.

Haven't been on Epic, but when I went on the NCL Pearl the Friends of Dorothy events at Bliss were great. Met a lot of nice people who I'm still in contact with. Went on excursions with them, went to dinner, danced at Bliss, etc.

I also went to the regular Cruise Critic roll call and mingled with the general public and met tons of cool people. It's just nice that the cruise line gives G&L the opportunity to meet each other.

I don't really want anything else "gay" besides this opportunity to connect at the meetings. Just give me some good food, good entertainment, and a environment free of harrassment and I'm cool! I'm not really too interested in being on Atlantis or RSVP.

Interesting.....moving forward here are a few things:

* I came on here because when you go o most ships all they ever do is let a group post a 'freinds of dorothy' meeting...and that practically is it. They have meet and greets for cc boards, for solos or singles, 1st time cruisers, honeymooners... but nothing ever planned for us. I always have too look for some board and if some STR8 guy or whomever removed the darn posting for meeting or location, I have no clue where to go.

** I was trying to save myself the aggravation.....with the anticipation they might be doing something SWEET, Spectacular or YES EPIC for us.

*** Go figure....with a um CIRQUE SHOW ON...how about a meet greet with the cast...or...1 darn cocktail or martini or champagne gathering-night-event...or maybe nothing...right....lets never advance, imagine we never asked for marriages...we would be stuck where we are, or if we never said....stop gay-bashing us or beating us up - that is a hate crime...ok.

So. stay on track...gay bi or transgaybi men...do NOT typically make up post for their amusement. I wanted to assistance...and insight. That is all. At this point - the bonus would of been if there were any of the travelers, yes Gay or bi-men our my cruise date, ship and voyage - if that is the case...lets chat ourselves.

Merci..

Wow.....is all I can say after reading the complete thread. I am a little puzzled by the original question posed in this thread. Perhaps the OP would be interested in a gay group cruise such as those offered by Pied Piper or AquaFest. They offer the benefit of a gay group on a mainstream cruise. My partner and I did not want an all gay cruise, but were quite happy going on our first cruise with AquaFest.

I was on the Epic in July. I met so many great people, many that I've remained in contact with. I met many other gay travelers through out the cruise. I saw many men dancing together at Bliss and Spice. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make sure everyone had a nice time.

I'm not sure what type of gay activites they would have. I enjoyed meeting all types of people and I'm glad I did not limit myself to a "gay cruise". I met many straight couples and singles that I became good friends with over the week as well as many gay couples and singles. I think interacting with all types of people only helps the gay community. I became very close with a widow who said she had never known a gay person before. Two months later and we still talk several times a week.

NCL made the Epic for everyone. Just go and make it the best week you can. Looking back it was one of the best weeks of my life.

Excellent points.

OP - I hope this comes out right...

Why would you want more activities that segregates any group. The only way the world moves closer to love and acceptance is through inclusion... Not exclusiion... You label activities "gayriffic" I would assume I am not invited, as I am straight. Meeting people from all walks of life, cultures, orientations, ages, etc. Has only enriched my life and I hope my friendship has done the same.

Archived