Anything GAYtacular about the EPIC

OMG, he said it...I am wondering about gay options, activities, or anything that could be gaytuclar!

I am sure that NOT all people dressed in the cirque show are gay, so besides that commentary - anyone would has been on this ship -are there anything GAY to do or OUT and ABOUT, for us. It would e nice to know, merci.

My partner and I did just take a back to back cruise. To be honest, there's nothing really "gay" about the ship. We did meet a few crew members who were pretty open about the fact they were gay/lesbian. And they did say that NCL was very accepting, which I did already know so nothing new there. One in particular, pretty prominent guy, did sit and chat for the better part of an evening with us (won't say who in order to insure his privacy) and he was very upfront about things. He loved his job and the folks he worked for, those who worked for him, etc...

As for activities, the only gay-centric thing was the "Friends of Dorothy" meet/greets that were scheduled in the evenings around 6 or 7pm most nights. The first week, my partner and I were the only two, LOL. The second week we figured we'd see if any other new folks aboard might participate and we were quite surprised to see about 10 or 12 guys show up. Who knew?

But that's it. If you want anything that is more "gay fabulous", then I would suggest you look into an RSVP or Atlantis cruise, or perhaps the R Family cruises if you have children.

FYI, the Friends of Dorothy cocktail hours are listed in the daily events planner left in your cabin each evening. They are not every day, so you should check.

On another note, I can't even begin to describe my intense dislike for that name "Friends of Dorothy". It's dated, from another time, another generation.

Maybe you'd be better served if you waited for Atlantis to stage a cruise on the Epic.

On the TA, there must have been 50 - 60 people at Bliss for the FoD gatherings.

Depends when/where you're going.

Some suggestions for new names for FOD, could be:

Peter, Paul and without Mary.

Mantastic Adventure Group

ON THE UP LOW

Just for him.

Sausages and Fish.

BI, GAY and KINDA Gayish.

Out and About.

Gay and Lesbian Meet Up (imagine that).

Blue Steel.

people attracted to members of the same sex (PATMOTSS)

G.A.Y. Gathering ACCEPTANCE Yahtzee

Not for women.

Homo Happenings.

Martinis and Meat Meetings.

Fred Astaire and Roger Gingers.

Rainbow Group.

--------------What d you think. Merci.

Last-Time Cruiser...

thanks for your suggestions. Very funny!

I also dislike FOD

On Princess ships it's in the daily paper as "GLBT gaterhing". It was hosted by a member of the cruise director's staff with complimentary champagne. Very impressive!

Sorta like Liberace meets Robin Williams....Can you imagine....that.

** A magician, a man in tights...does that make a man gay...

**** If it matters, I really want to know abotu gay-outigs, groups, message boards, activities, meetings.....and whatever else....not just what is the gayest drink, who designed the galley or what scent of fabric softener they use......I just wanted more about the full 'gayness experience'....(is that even a word). Going now, going to have a zima...

Sorta like Liberace meets Robin Williams....Can you imagine....that.

** A magician, a man in tights...does that make a man gay...

**** If it matters, I really want to know abotu gay-outigs, groups, message boards, activities, meetings.....and whatever else....not just what is the gayest drink, who designed the galley or what scent of fabric softener they use......I just wanted more about the full 'gayness experience'....(is that even a word). Going now, going to have a zima...

As previously mentioned, the only "gay-centric" thing on the Epic is their scheduled "Friends of Dorothy" happy hours. No other meetings, activities, boards, groups or outings. Otherwise, nada, zilch, nuttin'.

To be honest, if that's what you are looking for and if it's a priority, I would suggest checking out RSVP, Atlantis, etc...

.....some have mentioned...'suggest checking out RSVP, Atlantis..'...Is that a program or a group on a ship, or a ship a resort. Regardless. I am starting to think they need to gay-ify the epic-experience...even a bit. ok...or invite these Atlantis people o board....what do I know...

Why would they 'gay-ify' the ship? An individual's sexuality is nobody's business but their own, unless they choose to share it. The Epic, like every other cruise ship afloat, is designed for PEOPLE. Not gay people, not straight people, not bi people, not green people, not polkadot people; just PEOPLE.

Exactly what is it you think would be 'gay-riffic'? Are there some stereotypically 'gay' activities that you think should be available? Personally I hate stereotypes and if someone suggested to me that there were 'female activities' for me to participate in, I'd probably run the other way.

I'm starting to get the feeling that you aren't actually gay and think you're funny. Of all the 'otherwise oriented' people I've ever known in my life, I can't think of one that would make posts like yours. If you are what you claim to be, however, you've received as much information as you're going to get about gay-oriented activities on board. You could also check out the GLBT forum and start a 'gay-riffic' roll call for your sailing if you want to try to find others who will be sailing with you that might want to participate in some sort of 'gay-ified' fun. :cool:

Why would they 'gay-ify' the ship? An individual's sexuality is nobody's business but their own, unless they choose to share it. The Epic, like every other cruise ship afloat, is designed for PEOPLE. Not gay people, not straight people, not bi people, not green people, not polkadot people; just PEOPLE.

Exactly what is it you think would be 'gay-riffic'? Are there some stereotypically 'gay' activities that you think should be available? Personally I hate stereotypes and if someone suggested to me that there were 'female activities' for me to participate in, I'd probably run the other way.

I'm starting to get the feeling that you aren't actually gay and think you're funny. Of all the 'otherwise oriented' people I've ever known in my life, I can't think of one that would make posts like yours. If you are what you claim to be, however, you've received as much information as you're going to get about gay-oriented activities on board. You could also check out the GLBT forum and start a 'gay-riffic' roll call for your sailing if you want to try to find others who will be sailing with you that might want to participate in some sort of 'gay-ified' fun. :cool:

Could'nt have said it better myself!!!!

.....some have mentioned...'suggest checking out RSVP, Atlantis..'...Is that a program or a group on a ship, or a ship a resort. Regardless. I am starting to think they need to gay-ify the epic-experience...even a bit. ok...or invite these Atlantis people o board....what do I know...

CT...again you've nailed it. This person sent me a Friend request here even though I'd never even spoken with them.

There's something a little odd about the behavior.

I agree also, NCL is a very 'friendly' company, but the only specifically gay-oriented thing is the FoD meet & greets and those are user-directed....rarely do any NCL staff attend.

If the OP is genuine, remember that unless you are looking at a gay-marketed cruise, you'll be mingling with the random 10% of us who are on your particular cruise.

It sounds as though you really want an Atlantis cruise...and so far they haven't been able to book EPIC, so you have to choose. Standard EPIC cruise, or 'gay-bulous' Atlantis cruise.

I think the only thing that is noticeably gay on the Epic is the paint job on the front of the ship...:p:p

haha! It's actually pretty cool walking up to it with that giant paint job. It's grown on me.

What he said. Well done.

As a gay man, I'm thinking this poster's line of questioning goes beyond odd and well into ***** territory.

I must agree this is a very bizzare thread - if it's real to begin with! As a gay man myself, my sexual orientation is only a part of me - it is only a part of the whole with all the other aspects that makes us an individual. Now you can't go through life expecting everything - including a cruise - to "tailor" to your sexual orientation. I mean really you wouldn't go to a restaurant becuase it doesn't have a gay section??? *****!!!! Isn't the whole point of vacation and life itself to mix and mingle with everyone from all walks of life NOT self-segregating yourself. It appears you are looking for a "gay centric" vacation that and if you want that then take an Atlantis cruise only and miss out on what all the other cruise lines have to offer - just my two cents!!!!

Totally agreed. Although being gay is important to me, so is the fact that I am a man, that I am in a relationship, that I work in the non-profit industry, that I love my family, that I have great friends. To put one single aspect of one's life and make it the the primary #1 factor is so limiting . Plus, it has such an "-ist" factor, particular separatist, that I couldn't live that way.

what exactly is the OP looking for? A drag show or gay bar? All of the gay people I know enjoy doing "regular" things like everyone else. As long as you are not discriminated against or made to feel uncomfortable, I can't imagine anyone not being able to find something they enjoy to do on a cruise, especially a huge ship like the Epic.

re: What the OP wants...attention....wow you are all little too serious and way to disingenuous.

** Travel Fact - 15% of thee market is GLB - we are a,massive group and we deserve to now what is what...and we have very discerning tastes, also. (in most cases).....

*** When you go on a camping trip.....do you NOT want to know the gay friendly sites, or in a town where is the best B & B gay-friendky accommodation, or are there any festivles going on....

SO W T Frank, is wrong in asking if this ship....has any G A Y based attraction or offerings. No need to psychological canalize me, I know who I am...and although I am NOT a major cruise....I also do NOT find that hanging with 4,069 gay men all in place - ala the Atlantis....scene...is all that comfortable also.

Smilpe. So, if anyone has any great information it would be taken in consideration. If not....you know where the door is....

Archived