Oasis Aquatheater closed for 2 weeks?

cotomom

It's amazing the different experiences that we can have on one cruise. I was also on the July 10th sailing and the night I saw Oasis of Dreams it ran perfectly with no stopping throughout the show. Me and the group of people I was travelling with sat there amazed and in awe of the show and the performers. It was my favorite show of the week.

This is sad and very unfortunate for the people who are now cruising and the ones who go next week...I feel bad for them. I can imagine that the cruise has so many other things to do, that many won't be able to accomplish what they want anyway, but still it will be a major disappointment.

Rev

This is sad and very unfortunate for the people who are now cruising and the ones who go next week...I feel bad for them. I can imagine that the cruise has so many other things to do, that many won't be able to accomplish what they want anyway, but still it will be a major disappointment.

Rev

We're on the Oasis next week. Online the Oasis of Dreams show isn't showing up anywhere as an Entertainment option.

I would like to see the show, but will gladly take $100 OBC per cabin in it's place! I wonder if everyone automatically received that? That seems pretty high to me.

We just came off the Oasis and yes every cabin did receive an OBC of $100- you received a letter from RC in your stateroom. I was disappointed that we couldn't see the show, as well as the "Sunshine Celebration" at the end of the week- but really did appreciate the OBC. While I was at Guest Relations on Saturday morning ( it's a good idea to REVIEW your bill daily we had many issues with that!) MANY people came up to the desk trying to figure out what their OBC was- one mother and daughter did not use any of it and wanted the $100. I was amazed at the amount of people who did not spend $100 on the ship!! Our bill was 3 pages so we probably went through the OBC in one day;)

The AquaTheater pool seems to be one large problem after another.

It was celebrated so much before the launch of Oasis and, IMO, has never lived up to the expected potential.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=699

Has it ever been used for anything other than the performances?

Have cruised twice on the Oasis and both cruises the Aqua Theater worked fine with the exception of one show. On our first Oasis cruise we had an Aqua Theater Suite and watched the show numerous times. It is also used for other things besides just the show.

This is the first time that a cruise line has placed something so complicated on a ship. Issues are to be expected. This is a learning curve for them.

We just came off the Oasis and yes every cabin did receive an OBC of $100- you received a letter from RC in your stateroom. I was disappointed that we couldn't see the show, as well as the "Sunshine Celebration" at the end of the week- but really did appreciate the OBC. While I was at Guest Relations on Saturday morning ( it's a good idea to REVIEW your bill daily we had many issues with that!) MANY people came up to the desk trying to figure out what their OBC was- one mother and daughter did not use any of it and wanted the $100. I was amazed at the amount of people who did not spend $100 on the ship!! Our bill was 3 pages so we probably went through the OBC in one day;)

How do people sail for a week and NOT spend at least $100??? I spend that the first day on the ship!!! Good for them. If I could do that I could afford to sail more often.

Kathy

your post makes me quite angry...

But why? He was expressing his opinion. I happen to agree with it, too. On our May 8 sailing, the show went on but as mentioned, there were glitches and music stoppages. It made it hard to enjoy the show, quite frankly. *shrug*

No one said they don't appreciate the hard-working athletes. No one said the divers' safety is not a priority. Someone was expressing his opinion/displeasure/choice not to see the show again. I agree with his comments but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate what the divers and technicians go through.

I, too, hope and pray nothing ever happens. But you can't help but wonder how stable it is performing from such heights on a moving ship.

we just got off the Oasis August 14th and they are still having problems with the pool....raising and lowering the water on the stage. The good news is we got $100 for each of our 3 cabins. Just remember the money must be spent before Friday. Great cruise....will be hard to top this one!!!

• 10 months later...

Archived