Marriage certificate?

cjackso8

So, first of all, I want to say hi to all of my CC friends who I've been neglecting lately :( I decided I may as well go ahead and plan my wedding so I can actually MAKE IT to the honeymoon cruise. Soo, hello! I've missed you all, and I'm hoping this is my triumphant return.

Anyways, I know this has probably been posted a million times, but I'm striking out finding info.

We're getting married in November, our honeymoon is in February. I will not have had time to change my passport over in that amount of time, but my Liscense will have my married name. I booked the sailing under my maiden name, just so the booking would match my passport, but now I'm wondering... Do I need to bring some sort of proof that I'll be married to DH? Just because my drivers liscense will have conflcting info from my passport?

We're sailing out of San Juan, so not technically leaving the US, but I just don't want to get there and not be able to board, or worse yet, debark in some other country, and not be able to get back on the ship! :eek: (the horror of being stuck in a tropical paradise! To think such an awful scenario!) :p

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

So, first of all, I want to say hi to all of my CC friends who I've been neglecting lately :( I decided I may as well go ahead and plan my wedding so I can actually MAKE IT to the honeymoon cruise. Soo, hello! I've missed you all, and I'm hoping this is my triumphant return.

Anyways, I know this has probably been posted a million times, but I'm striking out finding info.

We're getting married in November, our honeymoon is in February. I will not have had time to change my passport over in that amount of time, but my Liscense will have my married name. I booked the sailing under my maiden name, just so the booking would match my passport, but now I'm wondering... Do I need to bring some sort of proof that I'll be married to DH? Just because my drivers liscense will have conflcting info from my passport?

We're sailing out of San Juan, so not technically leaving the US, but I just don't want to get there and not be able to board, or worse yet, debark in some other country, and not be able to get back on the ship! :eek: (the horror of being stuck in a tropical paradise! To think such an awful scenario!) :p

I'm in the same position as you and also doing the exact same cruise in a few weeks!

I was told to take my marriage cert just in case the have questions as to why i have different names on different I.D's

Hopefully you booked your airline tickets in your maiden name also.

But, no, if your passport says Smith and your airline and cruise docs say Smith,,,, you're good to go.

The ONLY way this wouldn't work is if your underage for booking. THEN, you would have to provide a marriage license to prove you're complying with the age requirement/ being married couple booking issue.

Yes, bring a copy of your marriage license. When my fiance and I booked our Oct. cruise in early Jan we had not yet set a date. Our PVP advised to bring a copy of the ML just to be on the safe side.

BTW, the passport office told me they will change you over to your married name free-of-charge, if you bring in proof within one year. Now, I'm not sure if that's one year from passport application or marriage date so you might want to get verification on this, but that's still a nice plus.

Congrats, Cari in Indy :)

My wife's passport is under her maiden name but her driver's license and green card is under her married name. I was going to book her under her maiden name but my TA told me to do it under her married name. He even conferenced in a Carnival rep and he agreed. They said to bring the marriage cert just in case.

Thanks for all of the seedy responses everyone :)

I think I'll just take as much documentation as possible.

Yes, My airline tickets are in my married name. But I'm going to have a bunch of documentation, and that's what continentals rep suggested. so, works for me.

Thanks again everyone!

You did it exactly the right way. Carnival doesn't care if you are married and they don't care what name you sail under as long as it is a real name. Your reservation and passport match so you are good to go.

BTW in more than 26 years my DW has yet to change her passport, license, or anything else. She says my name is too hard to spell, and still books all vacations, flights etc. using her maiden name. No big deal at all.

BTW in more than 26 years my DW has yet to change her passport, license, or anything else. She says my name is too hard to spell, and still books all vacations, flights etc. using her maiden name. No big deal at all.

That just made me smile. :) My maiden name was simple, but my married name is even easier, so I changed everything over.

OP, you're fine with your passport since you booked in your maiden name--as long as both are the same name, you don't need other documentation. You'd need to bring your marriage certificate if you'd booked in your married name since your passport and booking names wouldn't match. I had that issue on our first cruise (passport in maiden name and booking and DL in married name). I was asked for the MC, but if my name had matched on both, they wouldn't have asked for it.

Have a wonderful cruise!! :D

Archived