Inside Royal Promanade Cabin

It may have been posted several times before, but what is the noise factor on an inside Royal promanade cabin? DW & I are looking at possibly trying one rather than an outside cabin to save $$$. The difference in Square footage is not much. We are looking at Liberty for spring of 2011.

Thanks for any imput! :D

My adult kids stayed on deck 6 of the Liberty in a Promenade cabin during our family cruise in May. Noise was NEVER a factor. They loved having the bay window and the extra space. They also loved looking down at the Promenade to check out what their friends were doing. We would've been TOLD if my DD had heard ANY noise, believe me. ;)

Noise will be a factor if you are over the pub and I have also read one poster who had major noise issue due to a speaker that was directly below their bay window. The canned music that is heard on the promenade all day was turned on fairly early in the morning and could be heard in their cabin. Hopefully that poster sees your thread and can elaborate.

I don't remember noise or lights being a factor. We really enjoyed having that room.

Our room was right next to the midsection area where they have perfomers during the parade and other shows on the Promenade. We were sitting in the bay window area for one of the performances, when the cruise director and one of the dancers saw us from the midsection bridge. They disappeared for a minute, then there was a knock on the door. We let them in, and we ended up dancing with them in our window area for a minute while the crowd below was looking up.

Good times! :cool:

If I remember correctly, the promenade is on D-5, the promenade cabins are on 6, 7 and 8. Ours was on 7. Someone recommended that deck to me because you're not directly over anything. You have a cabin below you, and a cabin above you, but still have a great view. We had no noise issues.

Do you plan to people watch from your sofa or view the parade? If so, look for more center promenade area.

Originally our cabins for our December cruise are way in the Aft until I realized when looking at the deck plan for deck 5 that we were just over the guest relations with view of the stairs. In addition, the parade view is obstructed from that area, so now we moved to a more central location.

Noise would only be a problem for the unprepared traveler who neglects to bring earplugs. Other than during the parades, these rooms are no more noisy than any other room. But as with any hotel, there can be noisy neighbors, cleaning crews working in the area, maintenance, equipment, etc. Smart travelers always bring earplugs, so that they are in control of noise levels....and they're not victims of circumstances.

I wondered the same thing. Our room is on level 7 overlooking the Promenade and I hoped it's not over a bar or restaurant that stayed open late. I will for sure bring earplugs though, just in case. My sister snores like a buzz saw so I was bringing them anyway. :D

Archived