I Miss the Good 'Ole Days...

Sophiesmom2

NOT the old ships, BUT..the thrill of receiving the documents in the mail & doing the "doc dance", luggage tags that were printed and colorful, the leather (or plastic) holders for all the documents...

Downloading & printing the stuff on my home computer just ain't the same!!! (Tree huggers, please don't flame me...THANKS!)

NOT the old ships, BUT..the thrill of receiving the documents in the mail & doing the "doc dance", luggage tags that were printed and colorful, the leather (or plastic) holders for all the documents...

Downloading & printing the stuff on my home computer just ain't the same!!! (Tree huggers, please don't flame me...THANKS!)

I heartily agree!!! It's just not the same

I miss receiving the docs in the mail also. I always liked the little book.

This post made me realize that the e-docs have caused the Post Office to lose money. After all, think of the number of cruise docs mailed each week and they weren't for the basic postage. :D

Me too. I used to LOVE getting that thick package from the cruise lines, and sorting through it to see if everything was in order, then attaching the luggage tags to my bags. Somehow, it just isn't the same, printing the luggage tags,,,,folding 'em,,,,,laminating 'em,,,,,attaching the goofy looking things to my bags...... Oh well,,we do indeed still get to CRUISE! :D

"SKY"

I LOVED getting the document package and reading in detail every last word printed. but at the sametime i would be just beside myself with anxiety until they arrived.

I loved getting the document package, too, because I used a local TA who lived near me. She would bring them on her way home from work one night and we would go over all the documents and make sure they were all there.

Good times...Good tiimes..........:D

Heck, I just want to be able to print my docs after PIF:( I booked as part of a group and the TA advised that "Carnival" doesn't release the docs until 30-40 days prior:eek:

Really:confused::confused:

I realize that I can't get there any sooner, but just like getting the packet, I like to review everything, check for my OBC's, etc. Guess I gotta wait another 50+ days. Errrr!

Heck, I just want to be able to print my docs after PIF:( I booked as part of a group and the TA advised that "Carnival" doesn't release the docs until 30-40 days prior:eek:

Really:confused::confused:

I realize that I can't get there any sooner, but just like getting the packet, I like to review everything, check for my OBC's, etc. Guess I gotta wait another 50+ days. Errrr!

Yep, one of the things about booking CC group cruises that I wasn't fond of. I like viewing the docs as soon as we are paid too :)

I had sooo long between Cruise 4 and Cruise 5..last one was with the documents I printed..it was great..but a friend who is still in the TA business always had document delivery as a special part of her service And a party delivery if it was her group..she built real loyalty..in fact I first met her and had a 20 year friendship..from one night at a "How to choose a cruise" evening fun class. Miss personal service and contacts in the world in general..

And yet so greatful to be getting through the wait for travel and life's jorney here and there; we are all digital online communicators..never thought I'd be one..sjn

Archived