Disney Now Offering FREE Soda!

I just read on the DCL board that Disney is now going to offer free soda starting 6/12. They will offer it in their 24 hr drink station and it will be included at dinner, buffets, etc. Not sure about room svc or at the bars but who cares...it's a start! Maybe RCCL will take note and eventually do the same, competition you know!!

Folgy - Just what I needed this AM...a huge laugh! icon_biggrin.gif

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

At the prices that Disney charges for their cruises....soda should be free icon_smile.gif

Kelly

My Cruise Pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/kfrancis5

Cruise Critic Partae Pirates Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

Mariner of the Seas Reali-Tini Cruise 10/16/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;10;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Sovereign of the Seas, Cabin #4057 - 9/21/03

Brilliance of the Seas, Cabin #8670 - 11/09/2002

Paradise, Cabin E194 - 09/01/2001

Atlantic, 12/1991

For what Disney charge's everything should be free. And if RCCL charge that much they could offer coke for free. I don't drink that much soda.

Cruises I have been on ?

Nobody really cares.

HAVE A GREAT DAY AT SEA !!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;9;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Radiance to Hawaii

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KellyJean:

At the prices that Disney charges for their cruises....soda should be free icon_smile.gif

Kelly<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree - DCL prices are steep, but with only two ships, they can charge what the market bears. Our family of six cruised for $1,500 less on our Mariner cruise vs. our DCL Magic cruise of a year and a half earlier. I've got nothing bad to say about our Disney cruise - it was wonderful. Our kids had just as much fun on the Mariner and were more involved in Adventure Ocean vs. the Disney kids activities.

Let's see - free pop but and average of $250 more per cruiser...

__ /7__/X/__/7____

\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dolphin IV 12/87

Disney Magic 4/02

Radiance Southern Caribbean 11/30/02

Mariner Inaugural W. Caribbean 11/30/03

Galaxy S. Caribbean 3/5/04

Agreed - when we were planning our upcoming September cruise, it came down to RCI vs. Disney. One couple going with us honeymooned w/ Disney and loved it, but unfortunately, their prices were a bit too steep. They were charging for an inside stateroom not much less than what RCI was charging for a balcony! (800 pp for inside on Disney vs. orig. quote of $910 pp for balcony).

Sorry, but my wallet felt RCI was a better deal. Besides, if I can take a 12-pack of soda on-board with me, why worry?

Sovereign of the Seas, 2/27/2003

Celebrating my husband's 30th birthday on the Mariner of the Seas, 9/5/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;9;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 'til the Mariner!!

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against DCL. I can't...haven't been on one of their ships yet. I am just amazed at their prices and the fact that people pay those prices. Some times happiness is worth every spend obtaining it. I'd love to take my nieces or my grandson on a Disney cruise and that they want to go but I can't afford those prices.

Kelly

My Cruise Pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/kfrancis5

Cruise Critic Partae Pirates Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

Mariner of the Seas Reali-Tini Cruise 10/16/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;10;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Sovereign of the Seas, Cabin #4057 - 9/21/03

Brilliance of the Seas, Cabin #8670 - 11/09/2002

Paradise, Cabin E194 - 09/01/2001

Atlantic, 12/1991

When we first started cruising with RCI about 9 years ago ALL sodas were free - dining room, bars, wherever. I am an adult non-drinker and it was great. I still sail RCI because I think food and service better than Disney. We had a great time on Magic with our children, but cruise exp. not the same as RCI. As a matter of fact on both Nordic and Enchantment when asst. waiter would see us entering dining room an iced tea would be at her place and a coke at mine by the time we got to table.

Also they gave the kids free sodas at nite & that was the only time I allowed them to have soda, I felt like that was enough. Every nite the waiter would get it ready for the kids with in about 5 mins. of sitting down. It was AWESOME.

Disney's prices have gone up recently. Almost $2,000 more for next Easter compared to when we went last Easter (2003) for a balcony cabin. We priced a Disney cruise for Easter in a balcony cabin at 6,900! RCL is 5,600 for two connecting balcony cabins. We loved our four Disney cruises but can't justify the cost anymore. That is why we are trying the Mariner next Easter.

I have been on two Disney cruises as a Disney fan! Was shocked later when I compared their crui$e prices with other line$! At the price they charge $$$$ They should give you free soda and send you home with a 24 pack of cans !!!

He hehehhhheee, I learned the hard way. Way too high for cruise prices in the summer.Can you put a price on your childs happiness YES ! Wouldn't be surprised to see them sell the two ships, as they are selling their Disney Stores.

icon_razz.gifWe had a family reunion on Disney about 5 years ago and were willing to spend the extra because our grandkids were little & they would enjoy it. Next year we are booked on RCCL for half the money for the same number of people. The younger kids are old enough to enjoy the kids camps and the 20 & 17 yr. olds are looking forward to a more grown up experience. They can get soda cards and still be lots of money ahead.

Norma

We cruised Disney after RCCL- we were disappointed at the constant gauging. You rarely saw a character and when you did it was for photos (Read 30 min. line and a $20 picture!) Everytime I turned around Mickey had his hand in my pocket. I was more impressed w/ RCCLs children's programs as well. I can comfortably say that , although the rooms were larger, I will never sail Disney again.

Karen

Song of America 1991

Majesty of the Sea 1993

Monarch of the Sea 1996

Sov.of the Sea 1999

Disney Wonder 2001

Explorer 12/13/03

Mariner of the Seas 6/19/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Martino:

Would anyone really be swayed in a cruiseline decision by the price of soda pop?

Not me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This is really a much more critical question for me than it may appear on the surface. I have to make a choice, before my cruise, whether I'm going to let this sort of "Surcharge of the Seas" thing bother me or not. Hopefully, I can find myself in the position where I can be comfortable spending as much on excursions, souveniers, incidentals, and surcharges as (practically speaking) I did on the cruise itself. It seems like it will come very close to that.

I chose RCI because of value, but it's hard to make that case sometimes, especially as a Disney Vacation Club member. We could have taken the Disney Cruise for the cash-equivalent of $3600 in DVC points (about 1 1/2 year's worth of DVC points, for us). While the actual cruise portion of the bill for our upcoming trip won't come close to that (I think we paid $2400), comparing real money to "points" makes the comparison a bit tougher.

countdown.cgi?srgb=00ff00&dd=cd&trgb=ffffff&prgb=ffd700&cdt=2005;1;29;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500&ft=5&frgb=ffd700

RCI - Serendade of the Seas (S. Carib.)

Archived