Just off the Dream!

I live in Mexico and there is very little violence. The press loves to have stories of bloody killings and such as shock press. There are a lot more drug related killings in most major cities in the USA. I feel safer in Mexico than I do in the USA.

In responding to the quoted post I would remind this person that it did not happen in Mexico. It was not Mexicans that caused the trouble. I see no reason to not go to Mexico based on the data presented in the post.

Why do you feel compelled to make Mexico responsible for this incident that was caused by Americans on an American ship?

I would be more concerned about getting mugged or caught in the cross fire in Los Angeles or New York City.

I still will travel to Cozumel or Costa Maya, but even the U.S. military has been given orders not to travel to certain cities in Mexico. I know Mazatlan is one of them, which is on certain cruise itineraries. Unfortunately there is crime everywhere, but our police/FBI have a much better chance of finding you if kidnapped on US soil than in Mexico. It's a shame.

• 1 year later...

Archived