Just off the Dream!

This happened basically right out side our doors. We were in cabins 2334 & 2336 My wife and I in 2334 and my son and daughter across the hall. Other than being angry to be awakened for 45 minutes at 3:00 am. We were in no way afraid for our own saftey. My only wish now is that i would have opened my door and filmed the idiots so I could have posted here. My wife did go to the pursers desk the next afternoon when we got back from Costa Maya and asked if they had taken measures to keep it from happening again! She was told in these exact words " Don't worry mam it was dealt with and I can assure you it will not be happening again" Later we were told that 25 people were removed in Costa Maya. Obviously that number is wrong by all the different numbers I am seeing here. It did not deter one bit from the fun (other than tired) we had on the Dream and in the end i think Carnival did a great job in handeling it!

If Party ship means fun than yes Carnival is fitting the bill just fine. I saw more partying on my RC Rhapsody cruise than any other cruise I have been on. Either way it doesn't bother me as all lines can have passengers that drink too much and don't know how to behave. Certainly not exclusive to Carnival Cruises. I don't feel they are slipping backward at all. Always had a great time on my Carnival cruises, have had great service and have met some wonderful people.

Carnival has worked hard to get past their "Party"Ship" reputation that they had in the past. However I do feel that Carnival is slipping backward. While RCCL and NCL are attempting to be more innovative in respect to cruising, Carnival is starting to develop a reputation as the the cruise line with the lowest prices, the most smuggling of alcohol and the most disruptive behavior.

We have been very loyal (Platinum Level) Carnival cruisers. But out next cruise will be on Celebrity. I feel that

OMG...we were on that Cruise...last week on the Dream. AND we were on Deck 2 ...around where all that happened...and we MISSED all of it.:eek: We heard noises through out the night (on all nights) Cuz our neighbors were a big group who thought it was ok to yell across room on opposite sides with their doors opened. So we just thought it was them and slept thru the whole thing. This is the first I heard about this brawl. Yes we did see more security towards the end and it could be becuase of this.

Whats strange is that everytime we passed by Caliente at night, we thought the whole place was so dead. I GUESS NOT!!!

We did see alot of underage kids in the Adult Comedy shows..and ofcourse they would sit right in the front :confused: and then get humiliated by the comedians :rolleyes: And the Carnival staff knew they were young...some as young as 12 who were in there with their parents...:eek: I don't know what the parents were thinking...

Anyways, I would LOVE to see the pics of those involved in the brawl.

They probably each got fined when they returned to the US for disembarking at a non embarcation port. How can some people be just so stupid with they should be relaxing and enjoying their vacation like the rest of the cruisers.

Who ever said they had pictures to post is apparently pulling our legs!

Yup..no shortage of pranksters....have a nice cruise from bucket of beer pool times to slicked up as you wish for casual elegent night...sjn.

I have the pictures, just not sure it is appropriate to post. I have to give it some more thought as far as exposing the people involved

Thanks.. my mind was working in wrong direction then ..yes..perhaps NOT Appropriate at all said action could cause who know's what grief from a lot of angles..do not want to fuel the issue too..sjn.:)

The article stated that Carnival made arrangements for the people to get home. I hope Carnival did not pay for their transportation.

We were on the Liberty last Halloween and there was a group of about 7 passengers that dressed differently then most people on the ship. Pants off the behind and sunglasses at night. The comedian started making fun of them in the comedy club, calling them Thugs. One of the the thugs stood up and glared around room which made everybody laugh even harder. It was so funny that I thought they must have dressed that way on purpose and were part of the act. Now this incident makes me wonder.

LOL we were on the Liberty for Halloween last year as well and I know exactly who you were referring to!!! What I can tell you though as they were travelling with their families ... was a huge family reunion group from the Detroit area.

I live in Mexico and there is very little violence. The press loves to have stories of bloody killings and such as shock press. There are a lot more drug related killings in most major cities in the USA. I feel safer in Mexico than I do in the USA.

In responding to the quoted post I would remind this person that it did not happen in Mexico. It was not Mexicans that caused the trouble. I see no reason to not go to Mexico based on the data presented in the post.

Why do you feel compelled to make Mexico responsible for this incident that was caused by Americans on an American ship?

I would be more concerned about getting mugged or caught in the cross fire in Los Angeles or New York City.

Great point! Just because they were dropped off in Mexico does not make it a Mexican problem. I love how people take one story and turn it into what they want to think.

Here are my pics from 8/15/2010 taken in Costa Maya

love to have been a fly on the wall hearing what those guys had to listen to from their wives!

a few minutes of stupidity and a whole vacation down the drain.....

thanks for posting!

Archived