Just off the Dream!

If it were teenagers...the parents should be kicked off too...because they are irresponsible.

Well, if they were teenagers, they wouldn't be in the danceclub in the evenings (which started the arguement, based on what I've read here). I was thinking more along the lines of drunk and over-testosteroned 20 or 30-somethings.

Yes, congrats to Carnival for their swift action, however most of Deck 2 where I had my 2 connecting cove balconies, had a very disruptive night! I have some nice pictures of the evicted cruisers and their luggage that I will have to post!

I, for one, would love to see the pix!

I saw several people in Costa Maya walking off the ship with their luggage. After talking with a couple of people waiting in the line with me to get back on the ship, I heard the same general story. I hope no one reads this and determines that the atmosphere on the ship was out of control. If you were not in the area, you probably wouldn't have known anything happened except through hearsay.

My family had a great time! This was our 6th cruise -- 5 on Carnival and 1 on RC. We did not encounter any rude staff or passengers. It was crowded, but it did not bother us. We live in NC now, but are from the NY area. I may write a complete review once I finish all of our laundry, but I wanted to address this now with my experience. If you are inclined to go on Carnival, please go. I'm a VERY frequent lurker, but rarely post. Not a Carnival cheerleader, just someone who likes to cruise and have fun.

It's not happened to me or anyone I know so I can't be certain, but I would not think that if Carnival wants to throw your roommate off the ship, that you must leave as well. I mean what if you were asleep in your room while he got into a fight in the club?

I bet that in most circumstances they choose to leave voluntarily as their vacation is pretty much ruined, they're probably embarrassed and their friend/family member is being thrown off the ship - I don't think I'd leave my friend alone in a port even if his dumb ass got himself thrown off the ship.

Yes, how can i resist that photo OP?? I have booked many people on CCL for many years and never had anyone report this type of experience. At least I got to see it first hand. And regarding the disruption on deck 2 where the thugs moved to after the disco and art gallery? It was intense! Nothing...wakes me out of a deep sleep and this did! I watched it all thru the peep hole in my cabin door, it was right outside stateroom 2408!

It's not happened to me or anyone I know so I can't be certain, but I would not think that if Carnival wants to throw your roommate off the ship, that you must leave as well. I mean what if you were asleep in your room while he got into a fight in the club?

I bet that in most circumstances they choose to leave voluntarily as their vacation is pretty much ruined, they're probably embarrassed and their friend/family member is being thrown off the ship - I don't think I'd leave my friend alone in a port even if his dumb ass got himself thrown off the ship.

Not me, I'd say peace out. Nobody is gonna ruin my vacation. I guess I am a jerk like that

Not me, I'd say peace out. Nobody is gonna ruin my vacation. I guess I am a jerk like that

Ok....NOW I have to clean my computer screen. Soda is everywhere!! Too funny. :D I would find it very hard to walk off that ship with them.

Well then there would be two jerks cause i'd be right there with you waving goodbye:D to my friend!

Hell, I pack their suitcase; to make sure my stuff isn't mistakenly taken. Hope they had credit cards to get back home.....and passport or they up the the creek without a paddle!!:eek:

Not ruining my vacation for anyone.:D

Cathy

Yes, congrats to Carnival for their swift action, however most of Deck 2 where I had my 2 connecting cove balconies, had a very disruptive night! I have some nice pictures of the evicted cruisers and their luggage that I will have to post!

lol that be to funny cruiser of shame board

I heard about a cruise blog that indicated that a spa manager, who was a male, has been arrested and removed from the cruise ship. Seems he had a couple of 10-year old outstanding warrants for sexual assault on a couple of 15-year old girls. I was told that was the only information given and the cruise ship or further details was not put in the blog. So I am not sure exactly what that was about.

I don't know if this is one and the same the OP spoke of being assisted off the ship in shackles or not and remember, I said I "heard" so I am not speaking fact nor trying to spread bad info. Just throwing this out as a possible tie in. I really don't know.

Not a whole lot of information, but there is a news article regarding the events that transpired here.

Would love to know more, of course, and perhaps more importantly why 1 was turned over to the FBI while 11 were left in Mexico?

Still, very glad Carnival got a handle on it quickly and definitely glad I will be sailing with them again soon.

I would be inclined to remain on the ship as well. You got in the fight, you deal with the consequences. And if they MADE me get off the ship because of what you did, then I'll be kicking your butt all the way home. You'll WISH you were in a Mexican jail by the time I'm done with you.

A+++++ Carnival! Good job.

Gangs? Violence in a club???? In Mexico????? Horrors!!! Just another reason not to go to Mexico!!!!!!

But, wait.... This was on the ship! They were cruisers. :(

Had to say it.

I am thinking the same thing. When we booked the two upcoming cruises, and as I hear about the violence in Mexico getting worse each day, we have already decided not to get off the ship. I heard if you look rich or nicely clothed, that they will kidnap you and demand money for your return. No thank you. This will probably be out last cruise to Mexico.

Who needs violence on any cruise? I'm glad Carnival put them off the ship! Sets the example for future misfits or those who want to fight.

The article stated that Carnival made arrangements for the people to get home. I hope Carnival did not pay for their transportation.

We were on the Liberty last Halloween and there was a group of about 7 passengers that dressed differently then most people on the ship. Pants off the behind and sunglasses at night. The comedian started making fun of them in the comedy club, calling them Thugs. One of the the thugs stood up and glared around room which made everybody laugh even harder. It was so funny that I thought they must have dressed that way on purpose and were part of the act. Now this incident makes me wonder.

I heard about a cruise blog that indicated that a spa manager, who was a male, has been arrested and removed from the cruise ship. Seems he had a couple of 10-year old outstanding warrants for sexual assault on a couple of 15-year old girls. I was told that was the only information given and the cruise ship or further details was not put in the blog. So I am not sure exactly what that was about.

I don't know if this is one and the same the OP spoke of being assisted off the ship in shackles or not and remember, I said I "heard" so I am not speaking fact nor trying to spread bad info. Just throwing this out as a possible tie in. I really don't know.

That happened on the Splendor!

I saw several people in Costa Maya walking off the ship with their luggage. After talking with a couple of people waiting in the line with me to get back on the ship, I heard the same general story. I hope no one reads this and determines that the atmosphere on the ship was out of control. If you were not in the area, you probably wouldn't have known anything happened except through hearsay.

My family had a great time! This was our 6th cruise -- 5 on Carnival and 1 on RC. We did not encounter any rude staff or passengers. It was crowded, but it did not bother us. We live in NC now, but are from the NY area. I may write a complete review once I finish all of our laundry, but I wanted to address this now with my experience. If you are inclined to go on Carnival, please go. I'm a VERY frequent lurker, but rarely post. Not a Carnival cheerleader, just someone who likes to cruise and have fun.

thanks for the update....

as with most incidents like this, 80% of the people onboard never know they happen until well after the fact.

That happened on the Splendor!

Yep, this guy had worked on cruise ships for several cruise lines during this time, because he is an employee of Steiner (who owns the Spas on these cruise lines).

Archived