Just off the Dream!

Still in shock and hurting in heart and head..bad headache...a little fear..over what's happened, how the broader issues around it..or that may be around it visited me yesterday here..in this state

just the whole thing...and I am in tears right now.

Thanks.. my mind was working in wrong direction then ..yes..perhaps NOT Appropriate at all said action could cause who know's what grief from a lot of angles..do not want to fuel the issue too..sjn.:)

What is the "importance" in what they look like? It is just important that the situation was handled without disturbing the other vacationers.

What is the "importance" in what they look like? It is just important that the situation was handled without disturbing the other vacationers.

ZERO importance..my heavens this is what I'm getting at....

This was not what was implied with a few issues that came up here.

Referring to deleted thread..if you do not know about it good; don't ask.

Could have been a gang of any race, color, or creed...and that kind of behavior..if in fact it was....it did look like maybe it was.

I am beginning to see how I was misjudged here..and how out of the blue things happened...

Not how I meant that statement at all...

LOL we were on the Liberty for Halloween last year as well and I know exactly who you were referring to!!! What I can tell you though as they were travelling with their families ... was a huge family reunion group from the Detroit area.

Should have known they weren't from NY because they weren't loud mouths. LOL

Just got off the dream yesterday and was on the same itinerary as the Aug 10th - according to dealers and other crew more people were kicked off in costa maya, last port. Don't have details though...... lots of rude people on this cruise but I personally didn't see (or smell) anything illegal other than pot smoking.

The night we left Belize, after the piano bar had closed, we headed over to Caliente, the disco/nightclub. About 10 minutes after we got there, a huge riot broke out about 4 feet from us on the dance floor. 50-70 people were involved. They were all from New York and it was Brooklyn against The Bronx. Not sure if it was gang-related but it seemed that way. There were a few men down on the floor, being kicked in the face and body by others. Blood, chaos, cursing, and death threats ensued – it was an unsafe situation even for the people not involved. The Carnival security crew was understaffed and unequipped to deal with the situation. The riot spread out all over that deck and started to spill onto other decks. Security’s solution was to lock some of the people fighting into the art gallery. Smart move. They smashed the flat screen TVs, damaged more than 10K in art and then escaped. Random innocent bystanders were being arbitrarily punched and knocked down. A friend of ours was punched in the jaw and knocked down. We went to guest services with him where he was instructed to go to the infirmary to get checked out and to fill out a report on the incident. He did as he was told and woke up to a $45 infirmary charge on his Sign & Sail account, which Carnival refused to remove. At one point during the chaos, the security guards were more concerned with someone videotaping the incident than trying to stop the riot. Friends of ours had gone to bed (on the second deck) and woke up when security went running down the hallway, shouting for people to lock their doors and stay there until morning. Comforting. The next morning 42 people were disembarked in Costa Maya. Good riddance. It’s always obnoxious New Yorkers (Yankee fans) that ruin things for everyone else. Hope their one-way flights home to NY were really expensive. The next night before dinner, we received a letter from Carnival apologizing for the incident in the club. Gee, thanks but no thanks Carnival. I didn’t sign up for the Ghetto Gang Cruise. I went to the service desk and explained that it was unacceptable. The woman assured me that Carnival did everything they could and managed the situation properly. I told her that the situation was NOT handled properly as other guests were hit. She looked right at me and called me a liar. I have three videos of the incident so contact me if you’d like to see them.

Out of over 4000 people on board, almost half looked & acted like gang-bangers. It seemed inevitable.

The night we left Belize, after the piano bar had closed, we headed over to Caliente, the disco/nightclub. About 10 minutes after we got there, a huge riot broke out about 4 feet from us on the dance floor. 50-70 people were involved. They were all from New York and it was Brooklyn against The Bronx. Not sure if it was gang-related but it seemed that way. There were a few men down on the floor, being kicked in the face and body by others. Blood, chaos, cursing, and death threats ensued – it was an unsafe situation even for the people not involved. The Carnival security crew was understaffed and unequipped to deal with the situation. The riot spread out all over that deck and started to spill onto other decks. Security’s solution was to lock some of the people fighting into the art gallery. Smart move. They smashed the flat screen TVs, damaged more than 10K in art and then escaped. Random innocent bystanders were being arbitrarily punched and knocked down. A friend of ours was punched in the jaw and knocked down. We went to guest services with him where he was instructed to go to the infirmary to get checked out and to fill out a report on the incident. He did as he was told and woke up to a $45 infirmary charge on his Sign & Sail account, which Carnival refused to remove. At one point during the chaos, the security guards were more concerned with someone videotaping the incident than trying to stop the riot. Friends of ours had gone to bed (on the second deck) and woke up when security went running down the hallway, shouting for people to lock their doors and stay there until morning. Comforting. The next morning 42 people were disembarked in Costa Maya. Good riddance. It’s always obnoxious New Yorkers (Yankee fans) that ruin things for everyone else. Hope their one-way flights home to NY were really expensive. The next night before dinner, we received a letter from Carnival apologizing for the incident in the club. Gee, thanks but no thanks Carnival. I didn’t sign up for the Ghetto Gang Cruise. I went to the service desk and explained that it was unacceptable. The woman assured me that Carnival did everything they could and managed the situation properly. I told her that the situation was NOT handled properly as other guests were hit. She looked right at me and called me a liar. I have three videos of the incident so contact me if you’d like to see them.

Out of over 4000 people on board, almost half looked & acted like gang-bangers. It seemed inevitable.

50-70 people involved. 42 people kicked off. The fish keeps getting bigger and bigger. Leave it to a Sox fan to over state the case.

• 1 month later...
the night we left belize, after the piano bar had closed, we headed over to caliente, the disco/nightclub. About 10 minutes after we got there, a huge riot broke out about 4 feet from us on the dance floor. 50-70 people were involved. They were all from new york and it was brooklyn against the bronx. Not sure if it was gang-related but it seemed that way. There were a few men down on the floor, being kicked in the face and body by others. Blood, chaos, cursing, and death threats ensued – it was an unsafe situation even for the people not involved. The carnival security crew was understaffed and unequipped to deal with the situation. The riot spread out all over that deck and started to spill onto other decks. Security’s solution was to lock some of the people fighting into the art gallery. Smart move. They smashed the flat screen tvs, damaged more than 10k in art and then escaped. Random innocent bystanders were being arbitrarily punched and knocked down. A friend of ours was punched in the jaw and knocked down. We went to guest services with him where he was instructed to go to the infirmary to get checked out and to fill out a report on the incident. He did as he was told and woke up to a $45 infirmary charge on his sign & sail account, which carnival refused to remove. At one point during the chaos, the security guards were more concerned with someone videotaping the incident than trying to stop the riot. Friends of ours had gone to bed (on the second deck) and woke up when security went running down the hallway, shouting for people to lock their doors and stay there until morning. Comforting. The next morning 42 people were disembarked in costa maya. Good riddance. It’s always obnoxious new yorkers (yankee fans) that ruin things for everyone else. Hope their one-way flights home to ny were really expensive. The next night before dinner, we received a letter from carnival apologizing for the incident in the club. Gee, thanks but no thanks carnival. I didn’t sign up for the ghetto gang cruise. I went to the service desk and explained that it was unacceptable. The woman assured me that carnival did everything they could and managed the situation properly. I told her that the situation was not handled properly as other guests were hit. She looked right at me and called me a liar. I have three videos of the incident so contact me if you’d like to see them.

out of over 4000 people on board, almost half looked & acted like gang-bangers. It seemed inevitable.

please send me the video blkspy1005@netscape.net

how do we know these are the people??? I just see people standing outside the ship...some walking, some standing.
i've been on 18 cruises....if you are standing on the pier with your bags and it's not your home port----not a good sign!!!!!!!!anyone agree????? Walking without your bags is good.....leaving with your bags is bad-----'any questions'???

i've been on 18 cruises....if you are standing on the pier with your bags and it's not your home port----not a good sign!!!!!!!!anyone agree????? Walking without your bags is good.....leaving with your bags is bad-----'any questions'???

Consider our cruise last week. A bunch of people got off in Panama, since they had to fly back to California to make a wedding. So there can be other explanations, although I admit people willingly leaving cruises midway is probably the exception.

Carnival has worked hard to get past their "Party"Ship" reputation that they had in the past. However I do feel that Carnival is slipping backward. While RCCL and NCL are attempting to be more innovative in respect to cruising, Carnival is starting to develop a reputation as the the cruise line with the lowest prices, the most smuggling of alcohol and the most disruptive behavior.

We have been very loyal (Platinum Level) Carnival cruisers. But out next cruise will be on Celebrity. I feel that

Something my husband and I have learned is that you have to buy your way out of environments where people like this come around. We did it with our neighborhood and it looks like we might start doing it with our cruises. Carnival is by far the cheapest cruise line, if we experience anything like this on our cruise in 3 weeks we will be happy to spend more money and start cruising with NCL, RCC or Celebrity.

Sounds like Carnival handled it well but when I'm on vacation with my kid I rather stuff like this not even go on at least on the ship which is a closed environment.

Something my husband and I have learned is that you have to buy your way out of environments where people like this come around. We did it with our neighborhood and it looks like we might start doing it with our cruises. Carnival is by far the cheapest cruise line, if we experience anything like this on our cruise in 3 weeks we will be happy to spend more money and start cruising with NCL, RCC or Celebrity.

Sounds like Carnival handled it well but when I'm on vacation with my kid I rather stuff like this not even go on at least on the ship which is a closed environment.

If you are equating wealth with good behavior, I am quite sure you have never hung around with truly wealthy people. It just is not so. If you had ever sailed on NCL or RCCL, you would know that there really are no differences in the types of passengers on any of the lines. The American obsession with somehow equating more money with better behavior is just silly. It falls into the same nonsense category as equating fame with happiness.

If you are equating wealth with good behavior, I am quite sure you have never hung around with truly wealthy people. It just is not so. If you had ever sailed on NCL or RCCL, you would know that there really are no differences in the types of passengers on any of the lines. The American obsession with somehow equating more money with better behavior is just silly. It falls into the same nonsense category as equating fame with happiness.

I am.

However I'm not and never said all wealthy people are well behaved nor am I saying all people with lower incomes behave poorly. I'm saying it's more probable.

I've been in both environments. There is a difference. No question. Just look up the statistics. There is a correlation between income and crime.

Archived